Chapter 9

FAYE

It was 11:30 in the morning when Faye's driver pulled in front of the perfume brand Faye worked with. She was basically the muse of the company. The older woman looked outside the window, contemplating why she was so sleep deprived today.

The previous night Faye did a research on the younger woman, who intrigued her. She swore she could write a whole research paper on her preferences and get a doctorate degree. But fortunately, the world didn't work that way or else crazy fans would've taken control over the world.

The younger woman was pretty open about herself to her fans, freely expressing her sexual preferences on the social media. While browsing, Faye came acrossed the famous topic regarding Yoko. It was about the younger woman's crush on a Thai celebrity for whom she had gotten into the entertainment industry in the first place. Fans even made a hypothetical list about who the celebrity might be, based on Yoko's description.

Faye saw a video that compiled all the young woman's live streams where this 'future wife' of hers were mentioned. The videos went back up to almost 4 years. The older woman had to admit, the description's resemblance to herself was undeniable.

Maybe the world is not that round and she's just bluffing.

Faye rolled her eyes and drank all her coffee in one go.

"Are you okay? You seem tired." Her manager asked in concern.

"No. I'm actually fine. In fact, I've never been better before." Faye sarcastically said. She couldn't believe a petite like Yoko Apasra had eaten her last night's sleep. Of course, she'd be frustrated.

Nida just looked at her boss with pity. In the end Faye did not press charges against Yoko.

The older woman along with her manager went inside the big company as they made their way to the floor where all the shoots were held. They were warmly greeted by the crew as Faye flashed her usual cheery smile at them.

"Hi P'Faye!" A lot of the stuff greeted. Faye even high fived with some of them. She loved how playful they were.

"Did the artist I'll be working with arrive?" Faye politely asked Pawel, who was one of the brand's photographer.

"Yoko Apasra? Yeah, she arrived a few minutes ago. She's in the director's office." She replied, sounding a little excited. It seemed most of the people here in the room knew the petite.

Faye wanted to talk more with the beautiful woman but her manager interrupted them.

"I've collected the outfit for today's photoshoot. Let's get you changed."

The older woman smiled at her manager when she passed her a bag.

"Talk to you later then."

She bid goodbye to the photographer temporarily before making her way to the dressing room.

After changing into the outfit, which was a full sleeved black shirt with a white dragon embroidered at the back, she peaked her head out the dressing room.

"Hey Nong Pin, I'm done changing." She called her make up artist who was busy playing on her phone in the sitting area.

"Yeah coming, P'Faye." Pin gave the older woman a thumps up before going back to her phone, again.

"Oh my god Pin, would you just come?!"

"In a minute."

"I'll cut your pay."

"Sure go ahead."

The make up artist just looked unbothered as Faye rolled her eyes. The staffs who walked passed them, chuckled at the encounter. It was not something new for them as the older woman and her make-up artist would often bicker and fight with eachother when they worked.