𝐈𝐧𝐭𝐫𝐨𝐝𝐮𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧

"To all the reader who found themselves daydreaming about a Lego character

-Just remember Lloyd Garmadon will always be there when you close your eyes,,

✫彡✫彡✫彡✫彡✫彡

Incandescently has been a passion project of mine since late 2022, though my writing style and world building skills have changed massively over the past few years. I personally recommend reading the chapters with the fonted titles as they're the ones with the newest writing style, however if you're in the mood for a laugh and enjoy some cringe then don't hesitate to read the older chapters.

The term incandescently has two meanings as to what it means the first one being emitting light as a result of being heated, while the other is full of strong emotion; passionate. Personally the definition they both are incredibly important ways to describe the book, and the way I see it incandescently means that a light is flashing and it's up to the person to follow it, to follow their passion. Does the second definition also foreshadows the angst that's in this book? Oh 100%

The book primarily focuses on my Ninjago Oc Kaiya Yoshida, who has undergone quite the bit of development in recent years as I've finally been able to write her personality, relationship with ninjas and most importantly focus on her angst. I'm genuinely so happy with the little community I have gathered both on Wattpad and Tumblr, all of you have been so supportive of this book and of my oc and I couldn't be happier to be apart of the Ninjago community.

Most if not all of my one shots may contain spoilers or hints of spoilers for the actual NINJAGO series created by Lego, do be warned that if you don't want the lore of the show to be spoiled then read with caution, I also ensure I add trigger warning to my chapters if need be including swear warning (also known as vulger language)

✫彡 Playlist: ✫彡

Songs are a massive way I try and convey a one-shot, often especially in my newer one-shots I leave songs at the top that in a way foreshadow what to come.

These are the songs so far that are listed in my newer one-shots, I will also list beside them which one-shot they're apart of.

Everyone who falls in love (has someone else they're thinking of) by Cian Ducrot ~ Corrupted rewrite

What was I made for x I love you by Billie Eillish ~ The reveal

A match into the water by Pierce the veil ~ A Perilous Threat

King by Florence + the machine ~ Kaiya's revenge (bonus oneshot at the end of Perilous Threat)

Mess it up by Grace Abrams ~ Remedy for a bad day

The Gold by Phoebe Bridgers ~ The Aftermath

J's lullaby (darlin I'd wait for you) by Delaney Bailey ~ The Proposal

Until I found you (vocals only) by Stephen Sanchez ~ A Staggering Confession

The 30th by Billie Eillish ~ A Staggering Confession (for the angst part)

Wildflower by Billie Eillish ~ The Downfall

Hello, hello by Elton John and Lady Gaga ~ The criminal and the ninja

Need you now (sped up) by Lady Antebellum ~ Grief Ridden

I know the end by Phoebe Bridgers ~ Before the Corruption

Only by Lee-hi ~ Sugary love

Funeral by Phoebe Bridgers ~ Survivors guilt

Not strong enough by Boygenius ~ also Survivors Guilt

The Garden by Flower Face ~ For future oneshot

✫彡 Fun Facts ✫彡

•Originally Kaiya wasn't going to be a hero alongside the ninjas, nor was she going to be part oni. All of those were genius brain moments that I had while pacing my room in thought.

•Kaiya was actually a Ninjago gacha Oc before I transitioned into writing, I have still a few concept videos of her character still on phone and I still have her character in the app.

•Her name is an actual Japanese name meaning forgiveness while the last name Yoshida means lucky.

•Kaiya's storyline is infact planned out, in my head, though often if I'm midway through a one-shot, or listening to some music, watching wetting prompt video, maybe even rewatching a Ninjago episode I will get new ideas for her storyline.

•You know how people make voice claims for their oc's? Yeah, well Kaiya's voice claim is Jesse Lebron from the series Supernatural Academy (Her VA is Larissa Albuquerque and fun fact she actually voiced Izzy in Lego DreamZzz)

•The Kitsune is a very important part of her Foxling persona and so is the colour teal.

•I do infact have a Pinterest board titled ❦L & K❦ that has things just as character aesthetic, quotes I think would suit them, what Kaiya would look like IRL, what Lloyd would look IRL, Foxling inspiration and Ghost (aka their Dalmatian).

✫彡 Tropes ✫彡

Childhood friends to lovers 

Opposite attract 

Found family 

Second chance romance 

Tortured hero 

She fell first, but he fell harder 

✫彡 Tagged ✫彡

@JameFoxx33

@StellarSolo

✫彡✫彡✫彡✫彡✫彡