Chapter Twenty Seven

click at the top for a full interior of the private jet :)

also wattpad is being a bitch and won't show the photo when i publish it so it's also at the bottom of the A/N

Third Person POV

The day of departure arrives, and the brothers gather in Max's small apartment one last time. The space is filled with boxes and bags, ready to be loaded into the car. The air is thick with a mixture of anticipation and nostalgia, each sibling reflecting on their past and looking forward to the future.

Alessandro looks around, his heart heavy with the realization of what his siblings have endured. "We're almost ready to go. Are you all set?" he asks, his voice gentle yet filled with determination.

Max nods, his eyes scanning the apartment one last time. "Yeah, I think we're ready. It's hard to believe this is actually happening."

Maya clings to Mason, her eyes wide with a mix of fear and excitement. "W-we're r-really g-going to a n-new h-home?" she asks, her voice trembling.

Mason squeezes her hand, offering her a reassuring smile. "Yeah, Maya. We're going home. Together."

Dante, standing by the door, watches the scene with a mixture of impatience and concern. "We should get moving. The sooner we leave, the sooner we'll be on our way to New York," he says, his tone brisk but not unkind.

Nico steps forward, placing a hand on Dante's shoulder. "Relax, Dante. We have time. Let's make sure they're comfortable with everything."

With that, the brothers begin loading the last of the boxes into the car. Alessandro and Lorenzo take care of the heavier items, while Dante and Nico help Mason and Maya with their personal belongings. The small apartment, which has been a place of refuge for Max and his siblings, is now nearly empty.

Max takes one final look around, his eyes lingering on the worn-out couch and the tiny kitchenette. "This place was our home for a while. It's hard to leave it behind," he admits, his voice tinged with emotion.

Alessandro nods, understanding the sentiment. "I know it's difficult, but you're moving on to something better. A place where you can truly be safe and happy."

Maya, still holding tightly to Mason, looks up at Max. "W-will w-we b-be o-okay?" she asks, her voice small and filled with uncertainty.

Max kneels down beside her, his eyes filled with warmth. "Yes, Maya. We'll be more than okay. We'll be with our family, and that's all that matters."

With everything packed and ready, the brothers and the trio make their way to the car. The drive to the airport is a mix of quiet reflection and light conversation, everyone trying to keep the mood positive.

When they arrive at the airport, the sight of the private jet takes Max, Mason, and Maya by surprise. The sleek, luxurious aircraft is unlike anything they have ever seen.

"Wow," Mason breathes, his eyes wide with awe. "That's... that's our plane?"

Lorenzo grins, enjoying their reaction. "Yep, that's it. Ready for your first flight?"

Maya looks at the jet, her nerves evident. "I-it's s-so b-big. I've n-never b-been on a p-plane b-before."

Nico leans down, offering her a reassuring smile. "Don't worry, Maya. It's going to be an adventure. And we'll be right there with you the whole time."

As they board the jet, the trio's amazement only grows. The interior is spacious and comfortable, with plush seats and large windows offering a view of the runway. Max, Mason, and Maya take their seats, still in awe of their surroundings.