Chapter Two

After about five long minutes of walking, I was tired. I felt disgusting, like I was going to throw up. My fingers were shaking inside of my gloves. Luckily I brought my glucose meter with me. I quickly tested my blood sugar and I was 2.4. Awesome. A low blood sugar right before I get to Kyle's house. I grabbed the two packages of candies that I had left in my jackets pocket just in case I did get low, and I shoved them in my mouth, continuing down the snowy sidewalk. 

{15 minutes later}

I knocked on his beautiful wood carved front door. After a few short knocks, his Mom answered.
"Hi Leah, Kyle is in his room, down the hall and to the right," His mother smiled widely at the sight of me.

I walked down a long corridor thing with rooms on either side. Until I found the door that had his name on a plaque hanging on the outside.
Of course being the young lady I am, I knocked first. Who knows what he could have been doing in there. He opened it and motioned me in.

"Leah, Hey," He smiled at me.

"This is not the bedroom I thought you would have" I laughed.

"What is that supposed to mean?" He chuckled.

"I don't know, my mom always says she is glad she had a girl because boys are messy."

"I'm not messy, I cleaned up for the special lady coming over,"

"Oh, what a gentleman you are Kyle,"

"I know, I know, I'm so amazing. What do you wanna do on this cold December day?"

"It doesn't matter Ky, you pick," I smiled.

We ended up watching a movie. A sad movie. I forget the name of it exactly. Somehow we managed to cuddle during the movie. It was kind of like a dream.

"Your hair smells like coconuts Leah," He spoke softly.

"I love a good coconut shampoo, the best smelling thing hands down, trust me." I laughed. 

Kyle and I go way back. Well, back to sixth grade. He is easily my best friend, ever since Kenzie went all crazy. We texted and send snaps back and forth ever single day, and I felt lost when we didn't. I'm pretty sure Kenzie hated that. He talked more to me than his own girlfriend. She always thought he would cheat on her with me. I assured her that it would never happen. And it never did. Our conversations were pretty wild though.
When we first began talking, I was just in the midst of reading a book called Turquoise Water and Amy's Ashes. It was quite the love story. Kyle had already watched the movie it had become years back. He said it was a great film. I remember the conversation like it was yesterday.
[Flash back]
Leah: What's up?
...
Kyle: Not much you?
...
Leah: Reading a book.
...
Kyle: What book?
...
Leah: Turquoise Water and Amy's Ashes
...
Kyle: I saw that movie, it was good.
...
Leah: I really want to see it.
...
Kyle: Can I spoil some?
...
Leah: Um no,
...
Kyle: Well I am, Haha, Someone dies.
...
Leah: aw really? Thanks kyle,
...
Kyle: You're welcome, You should watch the movie.
...
Leah: Yeah I wanna get it on DVD so I can watch it.
...
Kyle: Or you can come over to my house and watch it😏
...
Leah: Aw that would be so fun!

[End of flashback]
To this day we haven't watched Turquoise Waters and Amy's Ashes together yet. Which makes me sad because I've read the book three times now.
If you didn't know us personally you would think we were in some wacky long distance relationship but no, we've never dated.
But, he is my best friend.