Chapter Fifteen

Is he really gone?

I wrote in my journal.

The man I've treasured for all these years is dead. It's like I've lost half my heart. I hate it. It's all my fault I probably caused it. I'm sorry Gramps, rest in paradise, I love you.
~L.S

I wrote a daily journal to express all my emotions without everyone thinking I was crazy.
It's May 23rd.
Gramps had a heart attack in the barn, on moving day. He couldn't recover and unfortunately he passed.
It was sad.
I haven't yet seen Kyle but, I'm going to visit him tomorrow and tell him all about my trip to Gatlinburg.

~~~~
(The next morning)

I woke up extra early, and left before my family woke up.
I was to meet Kyle at a local bakery for breakfast.
His mother was dropping him off, but I decided to walk.
When I arrived at the bakery I looked around for him. He was sat on a park bench outside.
"Kyle." I smiled.

"Leah, I'm so glad to see you, and I'm so excited to hear all about your trip but there's something I need to tell you." He spoke quite fast.

"What is it?" I asked and sat down on the bench.

"Well, I know your grandfather just passed away and this is going to be really tough for the both of us but," He started.

I took a hold of his warm hands, and looked him in the eye and tears filled mine.

"Leah, we have to break up. My cancer has spread and I don't want you to have to go through all my cancer problems with me so I think we should break up." He started crying.

"Oh my god Kyle, you know you don't have to do go through with this right?" I pleaded.

This boy was my life, my rock, my one and only.

"I know, I just, think it's best for our relationship," His eyes were bloodshot from crying.

"Oh, if that's what you think? I'm sorry if I did anything to cause this, um, I should go," I stuttered.

I stood up and walked back towards my house. This was the worst I've felt all day.
For one; my boyfriend, actually, my ex, just told me that his cancer spread.
And two, we broke up.