Chapter Twenty Four

Kyle passed away a month later. My life was nothing without him. Everleigh and Eva were only one month. Their daddy was dead. I was going through my box of memories while the twins were down for their nap. Something in there caught my eye. A scrumpled up piece of paper. I opened the paper and revealed what was once my list of wishes.

WISHES:

1. Bring Kyle to Gatlinburg
2. Find cures/easier ways to manage Type One Diabetes and Lung Cancer
3. Move in on Gran and Gramps' ranch
4. Get married to Kyle
5.Have children.

I guess I sort of did one of these things. It was a stupid list of wishes anyways. I rummaged through the box and found an envelope with my name on it. I instantly knew what it was. The note Kyle had wrote for me that we promised we would never open unless something happened. I guess something happened because Kyle was no longer here and I was alone. I opened the top of the envelope and pulled the piece of paper open.

Dear Leah,

I don't know whether I will ever get the chance to tell you I love you, and that I have loved you since the sixth grade. As you're reading this letter, I don't know where I'll be, but always know I'm here. As long as you're breathing I can live through you, faulty lungs or not. Maybe you're fifty and reading this, maybe I had just had my 50th birthday, and our kids are all grown. Maybe we didn't have kids. If we do, I would hope that we have some boys, we need some strong kids to take care or their beautiful mother. But I don't know why a beautiful girl like you would bang me to be completely honest. One thing I would like to leave you with is this; I will always love you no matter our situation.

I love you Leah, and maybe our kids too if we have them,
Kyle Connily.