Chapter Thirteen

April 20th
Nashville , Tennessee

I walked up the long beautifully cemented driveway, and knocked on the nice wood carved door. The door opened and Mrs Sinison stood with bloodshot eyes.
"Oh, Hello Kyle," She tried to smile.

"Hi Mrs Sinison, I'm sorry to bother you, but I just came over to see if you have heard anything from Leah?"

"Would you like to come in and sit?" She asked me.

"Um, sure" I smiled.

Mrs Sinison carried my oxygen tank through the house and into their small kitchen. I sat down at the large dining room table.
Mrs and Mr Sinison sat across from me.

"Well Kyle, I'm just going to say it, Leah's grandparents, want to sell the ranch," Mr Sinison spoke.

"They can't do that." I said sternly

"And why not?" Mrs Sinison asked.

"Because, It's Leah's favourite place. She loves that old ranch. I know I'm not really aware of the whole situation but Leah always talks about the farm. How pretty the horses are, how sweet the cows are, how funny the chickens are. It's her favourite place," I spoke my mind.

"They have no other choice than to sell it, a young man wants to by it! Do you really think a pair of 80 year olds need a huge ranch?" Mr Sinison said almost shouting.

"Mr and Mrs Sinison, can I please see Leah's room for just a second?" I asked politely.

Mrs Sinison helped me carry my oxygen down the stairs and into Leah's room. She really had a nice place down here. I had never been in her room before.

"If you need anything Kyle just holler for us," She walked upstairs.

I pulled my oxygen cart into her room and sat down on her bed. On her nightstand there was a framed picture of us. From after one of my 'weekly cleanings'. This week was the first one she missed.
I felt sort of empty now that she didn't live so close.
-
[Sorry for the short chapter I only had enough time to write this during class]