Chapter Nineteen

June 15th

Nearly a full month had passed since that trip to The Beer Bar. I had heard nothing from my ex-girlfriend Leah, and had heard nothing from my lady friend Leah.
I don't even remember what happened on the night of the bar. I can't remember for the life of me. I have the "new" Leah as a contact in my phone.
Suddenly, I heard my phone's text tone go off.

Leah😍: Hey um, It's me Leah from the bar, I need to tell you something.

Kyle: okay what is it?

Leah😍: um, im pregnant

Kyle: what?! are you sure? who is the father?

Leah😍: you are the father

Kyle: oh my god, are you sure? did you take a test?

She sent a picture of the test. I'm a dad. What? That doesn't seem real. I don't even know this girl. I met her at a bar for gods sake!

Kyle: How are we going to do this, we don't even barely know each other.

Leah😍: do you want to meet at the diner and we can talk?

Kyle: yeah, we can meet there, what are you wearing so I know what you look like.

Leah😍: I'm wearing a white tank top and a grey cardigan with jean shorts.

Kyle: I'll look for you. See you there.

I walked out the back door and down the sidewalk all the way to the diner. It wasn't that far from my house. I was still in shock from finding out the news. This was awful. I couldn't be a dad! I could barely be a good boyfriend to Leah! I'm awful! And we all know I'm probably going to die before the kid even turns five!
I finally arrived at the diner and walked in. The "new" Leah, was sitting at a small table in the back of the place. At least I think it was her. She had curly hair this time though, but I knew it was her because she was exactly what she described herself as.
I walked over with confidence, as if I had any left.
I sat in the chair across from her. She looked up.
No. Oh my God, No.

"Kyle? What are you doing here?" The "old" Leah asked.

"Um," I showed her the text messages.

Turns out the "new" Leah didn't exist, it was just the "old" Leah with straight hair. It also means I'm the father of my ex girlfriends baby.

"Great. Just as I was getting over you and thinking that I had a nice new guy turns out it was the same old Kyle who dumped me a month ago!" She stopped. "And this time he knocked me up!"

"Listen Leah, I thought I was over you too and I thought I had met a new Leah! My friend Danny forced me to go to that stupid bar!"

"Kyle, what're we going to do?" She started to cry.

"I don't know, but we can't tell anyone, or your dad will kill me!" I bit my lip.

I really didn't know what to do. I didn't. Two fifteen year olds expecting a child. This sucked.
I couldn't leave her. I didn't want to. I got her pregnant, and I'll be the one who fathers the baby.

"We have to get back together. We have to. Unless you wanna try to do this separately," Leah said, her head in her hands.

"I don't know, I really don't,"

"I want you to be there. I want him or her to have a dad," Leah cried.

"I know, I know, I want to be their dad but the cancer."

"The cancer, yeah, shit the cancer," She swore.

"I only have to stay alive nine months, then I'll say hello to the little boy and then I'll be lucky if I live after that,"

"And how do you know it's not a girl?" She asked.

"I don't know, Just a feeling."