Part 5 - I'm not afraid of you

I watched the bustling crowds from the Tome and Scrolls shop window. Hogsmeade was packed today, students clearly revelling in their weekend freedom.

Pansy immediately began her usual routine of complaining when we entered.

"I've read all these stupid books!" She slammed a tome back onto the shelf, sending up a small cloud of dust.

I rolled my eyes, struggling to balance the growing pile she'd thrust into my arms.

"Since when did I become your personal assistant?" I furrowed my brows.

"They really need new stock." She huffed, fingering the spine of another book. "It's like they haven't updated since Dumbledore was in nappies."

Enzo suddenly slid around the corner, eyes gleaming with mischief.

"Look what I found in the restricted section. Wizard smut!"

He wiggled his eyebrows suggestively.

Theo plucked his lollipop from his mouth with a loud pop.

"Let's hear it then!"

Enzo cleared his throat dramatically and began reading in a husky voice.

"He was rock hard as he ploughed deep into my soaking—"

I spotted Professor Fig entering the shop and kicked Enzo's shin.

Enzo snapped the book shut, his face scarlet.

Fig shot us a withering look before making his way to the counter.

I couldn't contain my laughter, nearly dropping Pansy's book tower. Theo, giggling, nudged me, and the precarious stack went flying.

"You're a bunch of children!"

Pansy scowled, stomping off towards the Divination section.

Theo and Enzo trailed after her, still snickering.

As I bent to retrieve the fallen books, a hand with ink-stained fingers reached out, offering me The Art of Darkness.

"Dark magic, I'm guessing?" A soft voice asked. I looked up to find Lyanna, her green eyes curious rather than accusatory.

I nodded, suddenly tongue-tied. Why wasn't she afraid to speak to me?

"Lyanna, I've got my package, time to go." Professor Fig called from the door, eyeing me suspiciously.

We locked eyes, before she followed Fig. I watched her go.

At the counter, Pansy was scrutinising bookmarks.

"Shopping with a teacher." Theo mused, twirling his lollipop. "Bit weird, isn't it?"

Pansy sniffed. "Because she is weird. In Transfiguration yesterday, no one wanted to partner with her. It was pathetic."

The ground suddenly shook.

Dust rained from the ancient beams, and books tumbled from shelves.

"What the fuck was that?" Pansy squeaked, clutching the counter for support.

Enzo, ever the comedian, quipped. "Maybe Hagrid fell off his broom?"

Another tremor rocked the shop.

"I think it's coming from the square." I said, already heading for the door.

As I stepped outside, the crisp air hit my face, carrying with it the scent of something burning. In the distance, screams pierced the once-peaceful Hogsmeade afternoon.