Chapter 18

Danielle's POV:
That was something. But I'm too hungry to think about that mess. And thankfully it was lunchtime, which was beyond perfect!

And I guess it was just me and- Oh, Hanni!!

"Haerin, I'll text Hanni to come over okay?" My phone was already in my hands when-

"No." Haerin states right away in a low voice which makes me shiver.

What? I thought- I thought we were all friends now, recalling the morning-

"You don't have to worry, I already texted Minji and she's coming over with Hanni." This time her voice was higher and back to the sweet Haerin I knew. Oh, phew. I was scared something happened. She has to stop switching up like that.

"Okay... so, have you noticed that Minji has been acting different." I state remembering this morning again.

"What! Did she do something to you?? Imma beat her-"

"No!! Haerinnn, I mean around Hanni! Acting? Different?" It was weird she was so protective of me. But also cute.

"Ohhh... sorry. I'm kinda fed up with people today, but yeah... now that I think about it." This girl really does have a short temper~

"I don't know though, let's not assume." Maybe we shouldn't talk about them like that.

"No but if I can remember, I think when we both were drunk, she said something about Hanni. But i don't remember what." I completely forgot Haerin did stuff like that, it's hard to tell from the way she acts at school.

"What do you do on the weekends, because you really can do whatever you want." I say, I was curious and felt a little uncomfortable because I have a feeling I know what she's about to say, but I don't know why I felt like this.

"Well, now that I've got a girlfriend, I got to change my weekend hobbies." Oh... was she talking about me???

"Haerin... whatever you do, isn't up to me. I don't want to hold you back from anything."
Am I getting myself into something or stopping her?

"If I'm being honest, all I do really is go to the club and get drunk, then... have sex, etc."
Her expression changes from regular to guilty while saying that. I think she was starting to realize...

But how do I respond to that.

"I-I've never done any of that... and I don't plan to, like that. I'm! I'm not trying to make you sound bad, but you are you and I'm me. That's okay." My face was red now, just thinking about everything.

"No. It's not okay. I've been stupid. But I plan on stopping, for the better." Was she really going to stop? Just like that?

My eyes meet hers once more and I see those honest eyes shining through.