Closet

Opening the letter you didn't know what to expect but the last thing you though Ghost would say was anything about himself. 

"Dear you, 

I know you don't want to talk to me, or look at me, or even be around me. And I can't blame you. I'd understand if you burn this, but I'm hoping you read it. You trusted me enough with parts of yourself and I betrayed your trust. Maybe one day you can forgive me but in the mean time, I'd like to tell you about myself. My full name is Simon Xavier Riley, I was born October 13th, I'm 27. I grew up in Manchester with a younger brother, we used to get into a lot of trouble, some fun, some not, I eventually joined the military to pay for his schooling and moved up the ranks quickly. He is the most important person in my life, well one of them. My favorite color is black but lately the dark purple of the sky has caught my attention, favorite song Master of Puppets by Metallica, I know you wouldn't guess but I like pineapple on pizza, don't tell anyone."

A smile formed on your lips, sweet and salty, he's right you would've never guessed. 

"I met this girl a few months ago, with the biggest brown eyes that take up half her face and light up my world and a smile that has become my favorite thing in this world. I broke her trust and because of my actions, I haven't seen her smile in a long time. I would do anything to see you smile again, anything. I'd even watch Zootopia, just don't tell the guys it was my idea. I miss you. I hate that I hurt you this morning, I'm so sorry, I didn't realize how hard I grabbed your wrist. I would do anything to take it back. Tell me what to do and it's done. I'll always be here. 

- Simon" 

Tears fell out your eyes before you realized you were crying. Knowing these new things about him made your heart swell. He would be scorpio. You folded the letter and put it in your desk, drying your eyes twisting your bruised wrist in your other hand. A knock at your door caught your attention.

"Y/N? Ready?" It was Keegan walking you to breakfast. You rubbed your eyes trying to make it less obvious you were crying. 

"I'll meet you there, woke up late" You call through the wall to the other side listening to Keegan's heavy boots fade away. 

You threw on a long sleeve shirt, knowing the bruises on your wrist would make Ghost feel worse. He was wrong to accuse you but yet you sat down, opened a notebook and grabbed a pen. 

"You're right, I never would've expected you to be a pineapple on pizza person. I could only imagine what Soap would do if he found out. Thank you for apologizing, my wrist is fine, I promise. But, you really thought I'd put a listening device in your office? What the hell? I am not ready to be close to you or be around you. Trust has to be earned. But I think notes seem to be okay for now. It would make me smile if we ordered pizza tonight, olives on mine, save me a slice of pineapple to try. 

- Y/N"  

You fold the letter and stuff it in your pocket to save for the perfect moment letter. Ghost on the other hand was in the mess hall, nervous, not able to do anything with his coffee but twirl it. 

His eyes fell on you walking in, your eyes immediately found his. A look of desperation you couldn't help but form. Ghost resisted the urge to walk over to you for a moment but stood up and walked over to you in the kitchenette. 

You poured your cup of coffee in your mug and felt a presence next to you. A strong presence and the scent filled your nose, you missed that smell, musk, wood, with a touch of honey. 

With avoiding eye contact, you pulled the note out of your pocket and gently placed it under his coffee mug. A small smile comes across your face and you back away from the counter and to take a seat. You sit next to Keegan.