Moment

The next morning arrived and Ghost was standing outside your door with a knowing glint in his eyes. He knocked on the door, his voice deep as he greeted you.

"Rise an shine" he said, a subtle smirk on this face, "It's time for our run" 

You opened the door and scan his awake demeanor, "Fine but don't expect me to be happy about it, I am not a morning person" you close the door and started changing into running shorts.

He chuckled at your grumbling enjoying the sight of you still half asleep and with bed head. You tie your hair up and follow him out to the track and obstacle course the morning air cool and fresh. 

"Ready for a challenge?" he asked with a mischievous look in his eyes

"At five in the morning?" you groan in tiredness, "Did you train all these boys this hard?" 

Ghost rolled his eyes at your complaint, he was used to the early start even though you weren't, "You'll get used to it and no I don't train everyone like I train you" he stated, "Thats why you didn't have breakfast, you'd throw it up. All part of the process" his accent slipped through.

"Challenge accepted" you sighed in doubt of your abilities but you wouldn't let him know that. 

You both started jogging around the track, Ghost was towering over you with long legs that take big strides. Your short legs worked extra hard to keep up, you guys ran 4 miles before you dropped to you knees. Ghost handed you some water barely huffing, "You're okay, breathe" 

You could only find the strength to give thumbs up at you sat down. You slowed your breathing down and Ghost offered you a hand and lifted you up.

"Good thing I didn't have breakfast" you said feeling your stomach twirl upside down. 

"Yeah at least you won't throw up" he said with a smirk. Ghost guided you to the start of the obstacle course. You starred at the large wall in front of you with a rope, followed by a barbwire crawl space, wooden log climbing, among other things. 

"You know one day I'm going to get you back for this" you  flared your eyes at him.

"Is that a promise?" he asked and he couldn't help but enjoy your threat because that would mean you'd be in his future. Ghost took out a timer and started it as you climbed up the wall with all your strength. Ghost observed your strength and agility as you climbed the wall and navigated through the challenging obstacles. 

By the end your time was 42.3 seconds. 

Out of breath Ghost was filled with pride as tired as you pushed yourself to the brink. The day was filled with intense training, strategy meetings and physical workouts. By the time the session ended, both of you were exhausted, sweat dripping from your foreheads.

"Good work today" he commended 

"Thank you, we'll see how good I feel tomorrow" you teased 

He chuckled as you expressed your exhaustion and the expected soreness you would most likely feel tomorrow. 

"You'll be sore but you'll recover" he reassured you as you walked back to the barracks together. 

"Does that mean my trainer is going to give a rest day any time soon?" you smiled a pleading smile.

"Nice try" Ghost replied with a hint of amusement in his eyes. 

As you entered the kitchen and filled your plate with food Ghost's eyes followed you. He watched with appreciation as you devoured the entire plate with gusto. It was amusing to him to watch such a little person eat so much after the intense day of training.