Comfort

"You've seen better days eh?" Soap commented on your cuts and bruises when you entered the lounge after a fresh shower. 

"Still look better than you" You answered and heard the boys snort as you walked to the kitchen and served yourself a large plate of pasta. Took a sip of my coke at the table wondering where Ghost was. It had only been a few hours and you didn't know why you was looking for him, the first words he's said to you since you got here insinuated a tone of, "get out" and "you're dumb" 

"Did you get him to the ground?" Gaz asked

The question snapped you back, "um, once actually". The boys stopped eating, pretty sure one spit their drink back into their cup. 

"You actually got him on the matt?" Ronald asked, "Like full body on the floor?" 

You simply nodded. 

"Damn, none of us got him down the first day" Roach added, "How did you do it?" they all looked at you waiting for an answer when Ghost walked in. 

"Ahaha hurt you got your ass kicked by a girl" Soap laughed still stuffing his face. Your cheeks went red at the thought Ghost believing you was sitting here telling these guys you kicked his ass. If anything you were pretty sure it was your ass that was actually bruised. Ghost didn't even acknowledge them.

"I didn't say that!" You immediately spit out.

"Shut up man, I know you're just saying that cause you never got him down" Gaz threw the comment at Soap. 

"Yeah but I can get you down no problem Gazzy boy" Soap said in an America accent

Through a small smile your eyes were suddenly drawn to a presence, Ghost standing beside you, he placed an ice pack on the edge of the table next to your bandaged hand. Without a word he went to the couch and turned on the TV. 

"Oh shit Copa America is on" Ronald jumped up and soon everyone followed, leaving you at the table. Ghost threw his head back, sighed from how crowded the couch got and got up out the back door.

You assumed he didn't want the company and don't know what compelled you to get up, but you followed him to the back while the others were distracted. The cool breeze coated your skin, the sun fell slightly behind some clouds, turning the sky pink, like cotton candy. You could never be under a sky like this and not look at it. 

"Echem" Ghost got your attention and your head flashed in his direction. 

"Oh, hi" You didn't even know what to say to him, "I just wanted to let you know I didn't tell the guys I kicked your ass. That was Soap just being Soap" You attempted to lighten the mood

"I didn't think you did" his voice cut through, like a slice. Before you got a chance to open my mouth, he took the edge of his mask and lifted it enough for his lips to show through. Placed a cigarette between them and lit the end with his lighter. His jaw was sharp, coated with light stubble, he was tan, you wanted to see more.

"How's your hand?" he asked snapping you back to look at the sky instead of being mesmerized by his lips. 

"It'll be fine. Thank you" A moment of silence to grab up the courage to ask, "How's your mouth?" 

He smirked slightly he touched his lip, the memory of the punch fresh in his mind. You almost couldn't believe what you were seeing. A smile. A small smile. You bit my cheek to resist the the biggest smile you wanted to show. 

"It's fine, just surprised me is all" he nodded sarcastically. As you both sat on the rooftop sharing a moment of peace, Ghost noticed something peculiar about you, "Can I ask you something?" What would he have to ask me?