Chapter 16

"A Hiraeth is all I need, my cheese rings," my voice came out muffled as I buried my head on her tummy, I felt her hesitantly placed her hand on my head, going up and then down.

She stayed quite and I guess quite shocked at my sudden move, pero wala akong narinig sa kanya, she just let me and I'm thankful for it, I heaved a few uneven breathing calming myself.

"You breathe as if you had an angry encounter," she softly said, every syllable coming out of her soft lips became a music to my ear.

"I am angry," I mumbled again, this time only my forehead is leaning on her tummy, my eyes are now looking at the floor, removing the hand on her waist and removed the facemask na inalis ko lang noong nakipag-usap ako kay Alice para ipakita sa kanya ang emosyon ko sa mukha, agad ko ring ibinalik ang kamay ko sa bewang niya matapos ipatong ng mask sa hita ko.

"Sinong kaaway mo?" marahan niyang tanong, pinakikiramdam ang mahinang kalagayan ko.

"Naaway ko na," natatawang sagot ko naman.

After a few minutes of silence, and her just caressing my hair, I lifted my head and face her, she was quick to welcome me with that soft and gentle smile.

I suddenly wished na hindi ako tumanggi sa kanya kagabi, pero I thanked my decision of declining her, because if not, I wouldn't anticipate her warmth this much.

"Fine?" she asked, still with those gentle smile and those safe gaze she's giving me.

"Guess," I mumbled, giving her the same gaze, but mine reflects vulnerability that was hard for me to show in front of my family.

"I'm here now, I think I could safely that you are,"

"Good guess, Le Cheri,"

I carefully held her shirt and made her bent to further face me, so I could gaze at her closely, so that I could feel more safe as I stare at her adoringly.

"I feel like any second now you'll ask for a kiss,"

"Will you give me the honor?" I challenged her, with a tired smile on my face.

And without any seconds to pass, I felt her soft and shimmering lips touch the skin of forehead, I closed my eyes weakly, as I feel more of her wet kiss. Naramdaman ko ang paglayo ng labi niya sa noo ko, pero matapos ang ilang segundo, na waring pinagmamasdan niya ang mukha ko na naghihintay pa sa mga halik niya, ay muli kong naramdaman ang labi niyang dumampi sa naka-pikit kong mata.

She pulled away again, and this time it felt like her lips won't touch my skin again, kaya unti-unti kong iminulat ang mata ko.

Her deep eyes was quick to capture me and cage me on that gentle stare, it was enough to keep me thinking of her, it was enough for her to be the host and suspect of my sleepless nights, not just those eyes that continues to mesmerize me but also the beauty her whole face beholds, all of her was enough to question myself of why? Why can I continuously reject the beauty presented to me? How dare I reject this woman who continuously make me feel safe? How can I compare this soft and gentle woman to the person that left me 4 years ago? How can I see someone else while this woman offer me every kindness that she could offer?

How dare I?

"Please don't cry,"

"Huh?" I removed my left hand that is holding onto her clothes and felt a wet thing on my cheek. I am crying.

"What happened ba?" she lowered down her body, both her legs folded and in front of her body while looking at me with pure concern.

"My monster kasi," natatawang sabi ko, removing the trace of the tear from my cheeks.