backstabber

Ariana ~ June 2nd, 1978

I freeze in my stance, completely caught off guard by the sight of Randy in front of me, with a few suitcases in hand. My anger grows within me and I clench my teeth together. This fucking asshole. I glimpse at the driver's seat and see Bill looking at me through the window, he gives me a wave but I'm so blinded by my rage for Randy.

"Ariana, what-"

"Oh, save it!" I yell, speed walking closer to him. "You're a fucking dick!" I push his chest away from me.

He stumbles back, regaining his balance. "Woah! What the hell?" He goes to reach out to touch me but I'm quick to slap his hands.

I hear an unfamiliar, baritone voice from the car. "Randy, what the fuck is going on out there?"

Randy seems to be speechless so he doesn't even bother answering the question from the man.

"Don't even think about touching me! Why the fuck did you tell Michael that I said all of that shit when you know damn well none of those things ever came out of my mouth?!" I say through gritted teeth.

His eyes widen like crazy and he goes to shush me. "Shut up." He whispers.

I let out a hysterical, sarcastic laugh. "Shut up? You're telling me to shut up? Maybe follow your own advice considering your ass has a lying problem! Do you need therapy? Are you good?"

I hear the car door slam and a much older man slowly walks around it, I study his face and he shares a lot of the Jackson's features.

This must be the famous Joseph Jackson. He stands beside Randy, towering over me.

He wears a very stern look on his face. "Randy, who the hell is this floozy and why is she standing here harassing you?" His gravelly voice speaks again. "I already told you, no son of mine is going to take shit from a woman and not do anything about it. Keep your girls on a leash!"

My jaw drops, a scoff leaving it quickly. No wonder Randy is the way he is, look at how his father speaks to women.

Bill is out of the car at this point and rushes over to us, trying to settle things down.

Randy hasn't said a word, he continues staring at the ground. He then shrugs his shoulders, he's clearly mortified, as he should be!

The man turns to Randy, expecting a response and then turns to me. He takes a step closer to me, pointing his finger right in my face. "I'm going to give your little cheap ass 5 minutes to leave my residence and if you don't, there will be hell to pay."

His father is quite intimidating but if he thinks I'm going to just let him speak to me like that, he has another thing coming.

"Your son is pathetic as can be and now I see where he gets it from!" I shout, sticking my finger in his face too.

I turn to Randy, not reading Joseph's expression but I imagine he didn't expect that from me. "I can't believe you would lie to Michael about what I told you!  You know all I did was boast about him and uplift him. You're a jealous, conniving human being and I never wish to see you again! You don't call me unless it's to apologize!"

"Bill, get this bitch out of here!" Joseph demands.

"You better watch your mouth, Joseph." Bill has the most serious look on his face and I can tell he's not going to back down.

"Pardon me? Are you forgetting that you work for me?" He walks closer to Bill.

"I actually work for your sons, Joseph. I'm on their payroll, not yours."