Chapter 9

KOL'S POV

"It's been bloody weeks, and she still has not forgiven me", I yelled towards my sister, "How can such a small human hold such a big grudge"?!

"Well brother, you did almost murder her in a fit of rage", she said cooly.

I threw the glass I was holding against the wall of Rebekah's new home. We watched it shatter across the room. It had been exactly four weeks sense mine and Alex's disastrous date. Sense I had accused her of knowing the plot. In hindsight I know I was wrong for what I did, but I thought my brother was dead. Now he's back and I half wished he had died.

"It's bloody ridiculous! You actually did kill Elena and she forgave you almost instantly".

Rebekah rolled her eyes. "For starters, Elena didn't die, she became a vampire and then I helped save her life. Alex has no reason to harbor ill will towards me. Also, I wasn't her boyfriend who tried to kill her you bloody imbecile"!

This time I chucked at vase at the wall. "I didn't want to kill her or else I would have. You know that"!

Rebekah sighed and put her hand against her head. "Yes Kol I do, but you lost your temper and now you're dealing with the consequences. You cannot insistently pester her into forgiveness. You're practically stalking the poor girl".

She was right. I was borderline stalking Alexandra. I had messed up big time. I broke her wrist and damaged her throat. She would have been in horrendous pain for a while if she hadn't been consuming so much of my blood. Thankfully she healed quickly. When Rebekah found out she broke my neck and threatened to lock me in a box again. For the first time, I almost felt like I deserved it.

I started to calm down. "You know Bex, if I had killed her she would have woken up a vampire. She was full of my blood that night".

"And that doesn't make it any better Kol. She might not want to be a vampire and you played to loosely with her life".

I sighed. She was right. I had fucked it all up. She'd probably be off with me making out in a sheek hotel suite if I had thought through my rage. Her whole image of me was tainted because of my brother.

Klaus. Always bloody Klaus.

After the dust settled and even before I knew my brother was alive I had went back to apologize, but she was gone. She has taken my clothes and must have called a cab to get back home. I went to her house the next day to apologize and promptly got a door slammed in my face. It didn't help when I threatened to dismantle her home board by board for ignoring me. Then I had started attending high school to both her and Rebekah's annoyance, and my own. Anything to try and get a moment alone with her to make her understand I wish her no harm. For a human she was surprisingly good at dodging me. It had been four weeks with no avail and I was starting to go mad.

"Bex", I pleaded, "she is your friend. You have to help me. Make her talk to me".

Rebekah shrugged. "I promised her I wouldn't take sides".

The next thing I threw was a lamp. This one knocked a piece of artwork off the wall.

"And you know, destroying my house isn't encouraging me to help you either".

I sat down in her plush armchair, feeling defeated. I reached over and grabbed another glass to pour myself a drink. I had no idea how I was going to get myself out the mess I had created. I had no idea why I wanted out so bad. The thought of living an eternity with her angry, or scared of me seemed unbearable.

Rebekah sat down across from me. "All the torture you're going through serves you right, you know. She doesn't need you making her into a human blood bag and compelling her feelings anyways".