prologue

Broken. Empty. Hollow. Agonised. Pained. Lifeless. Betrayed. Words failed to define how I felt. I was betrayed and forced into a marriage by my own family. I lost my own mother two days after my wedding, just because she couldn't handle the betrayal by our own people. I watched my mumma's lifeless body burning in the fire, that was taking my Mumma away from me and all I could do was to cry my heart out. I never felt this helpless all my life. I was broken-inside out.

"Nandini, Gather yourself, your in-laws waiting for you.."
I heard that one voice which I loathed, from the bottom of my heart. She was the sole reason of all my miseries right now. I got up after jerking off her hands from my shoulder.
"Ab toh khush hongi naa aap? Jo aapne chaha woh ho Gaya. Listen to me very loud and clear, you'll regret every bit of this. Bohot pachtayengi aap. Suna aapne Mrs. Nyonika Malhotra, you'll regret everything that you've done one day."

"You've no right to talk to my mother like this."
Came a loud husky voice which is music to my ears, the one I love. I looked up to find him standing beside his mother, looking at me with hatred and anger in his eyes.
"You've lost all your rights on us Nandini. All of them. You're the reason why Naina aunty, your mother is no more and here you are, blaming my mom. Just get out of my sight right now."

I have absolutely nothing to say in my defence because now I'm too tired to say anything, to rest my case, to prove myself right against something so baseless. I felt an arm around my shoulder which belonged to him indicating that I'm being thrown out.
"Jaa rahi hoon Manik lekin jaane se pehle tumse kuch kehna chahti hoon."
I stepped closer to him, his eyes which used to be my world, which held love for me, now held nothing but hatred for me.

"You'll never be able to forgive yourself Manik. Never. You'll hate each and everyone, one fine day and that's when you'll need me but I won't be there. Mark my words Manik Malhotra."
Passing a glare to my father and the Malhotras, I left with him and his parents to start a new phase of my life, just like I promised Mumma.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Nandini Murthy. The girl who used to rule my heart, who used to be my world, who occupied my mind and heart for all these years, the one I loved so much so that now it hurts, betrayed me. And now she's the one I despise the most.
Naina aunty left us and that was the last time I saw Nandini, going away with that... I won't forgive you Nandini. Now I'll be the monster you hate. I promise myself that I won't even let your shadow cross my way, that's how much I hate you and your very existence.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All stories are not fairy tales.
❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤
A new ff huh? I'm already excited and I hope that you guys like it. I wanted to tell you all that this is not a happily ever after fan fiction but a tragic ff. I wanted to show how true love is, in reality and the cons of love.
So please don't bash me or my story. You don't like it, then please don't read, nobody's forcing you to do so.
Warning: if you're a hardcore MaNan fan who can't stand the fact that MaNan aren't together, then please stay away because this story is a mix of general fiction and fan fiction.