21

Aditi Roy

PhotographerShe's beautiful, she's smart, she's witty, she's all shades of dramatic, she's the best of friends, she's understanding, she simple, she's down to earth, she's adventurous, she's a challenger, she's daring but most of all, she's loving...

Photographer
She's beautiful, she's smart, she's witty, she's all shades of dramatic, she's the best of friends, she's understanding, she simple, she's down to earth, she's adventurous, she's a challenger, she's daring but most of all, she's loving and kind.
And that's what makes her loveable. Perfection gets the best of her, to such an extent, that a simple teen Abhimanyu fell in love with her.
When she loves, she loves with all of her, when she hates, she hates with all of her, there's no in between.
When nothing could dare her, her own fate played with her and snatched the most important thing or to be precise person in her life ~ her Abhi.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
THE DAY OF DIWALI
Nandni POV
Diwali was mamma's favourite festival. She said it signifies that every dark cloud has a silver lining. It signifies new beginnings. It signifies that no matter what, life would give you a thousand reasons to smile. It signifies that there is light for you in this world, if you search for it. It signifies the beauty of light that shines after darkness. It signifies celebrations. And these are the reasons why I still hope, I still live, I still love, I still smile, I still celebrate and I still believe in miracles.
And one such miracle is Aditi bhabh....no only Aditi, as for now. I'm yet again ready to move on and make way for happiness in my brother's life. He has to understand the fact that he too has a life, which is not meant for taking care of my needs. He needs to understand that he can take care of me, just as he wants, along with living his life.
I remember how depressed he was when Aditi left, and I also know that he started coming out of this darkness in the process of providing light to Mukti's life but he once again lost his hope when Mukti broke him, and that little spark also died in him. I'm also aware of the fact that now, only Aditi can bring him back, his hope back, his light back, his dreams back, his cheerful self back and my lively bhai back. And I'd make sure I get my bhai back no matter what it takes me to do. He deserves happiness, he deserves being happy and that's all I know.
I remember the time when everything was perfect in our life. Bhai had Aditi. I had hopes and dreams. Dad had Mamma. We both had our parents. We were a small happy family. Dad, mamma, Bhai, Aditi and I. She became my personal favourite, my secret bearer, my 2 a.m. friend and in no time, I accepted her as my bhabhi. But then suddenly she left and with that my bhai's light also died. Passing several years in hope and wait, I met the most beautiful mistake of my life-Manik Malhotra and he started bringing me out of depression and made me believe in love and soon enough snatched my hope back.
And then came my hero, Abhiman Singh Rathore, in my life like a storm, who became my silent savior. And this is how I believe even bhai would get his happiness back.
"Ma'am where should I keep these flowers?"
My thought process broke when Austin, a helper, came and asked me where should he keep those flowers.
Nandini: Please keep those in the hall upstairs.
He bowed and left. I was about to step back when I felt someone hugging me from back. Surprised, I turned back and found Aditi hugging me, crying her eyes out. I somehow controlled myself and removed her arms from my body
Nandini: Ab kyu hug karke ro rahi hai? Pehle toh bina bataye chod kar chali gayi aur phir woh jhootha message.
Aditi: How did you know?
Nandini: What do you think? I wouldn't know if you won't tell me huh?
She looked down guiltily. I nudged her chin up and looked at her, now unable to control my tears. She immediately let out a sob and hugged me tightly. I bit my lip to bite back the sob threatening to escape. We broke the hug and then I made her sit on the couch.
Nandini: Ab bata, where were you all this while?
Aditi: Denmark.
Nandini: Denmark? Wahan kya ho Raha tha?
Aditi: Dad wanted me to stay away from Abhi and focus on my studies so he forced me to stay there.
I frowned wearily at this new found information. Like, what the hell?
Nandini: Why would uncle do that? As far as I remember, he was happy with your relationship. Wasn't he?
Aditi: Apparently yes but I don't know what happened suddenly and he was hell bent on separating Abhi and I, to such an extent that he blackmailed me that he would completely ruin Abhi if I didn't obey him and you very well know Nandini that he's capable of doing that.
My mind went numb. I couldn't even form a coherent sentence that moment. I cleared my throat before speaking again, making sure my voice didn't croak.
Nandini: Does bhai know this?
She shook her head in denial making me sigh. Before I could ask her why, she held my hands and spoke herself.
Aditi: I don't want him to accept me because of sympathy but I want to rekindle the hidden love between us Nandini.
I smiled at her explanation and squeezed her hands in assurance. She was right. Had she told bhai the whole truth, his first instinct had been sympathy towards Aditi that she was pressurized by her parents and so she had to stay away from us.
Aditi: How's Naina aunty. I've missed her so much. I hope she's not angry at me.
And my smile vanished. Mamma. Tears clouded my vision even before I could control myself. Her smile faded as well as a worried expression adorned her face.
Aditi: Nandini what's the matter?
I bit my lip and shut my eyes tightly, trying to control myself and finally taking a deep breath, I answered her somehow.
Nandini: Mum..mma is no more.
Her eyes widened in shock and soon enough tears welled up. She palmed her face and broke in my arms. We both cried our hearts out, hugging each other. It felt good to have someone cry with you and share your pain with you.
I miss you mamma.
We broke the hug and wiped each other's tears.
Aditi: What happened to her?
A simple indirect question that I very well knew was indicated to whom and what.
Nandini: Long story. Cardiac arrest in short. Just know that bhai is broken far beyond repair and it's your responsibility to bring him back to light. You've got to bring my bhai back to me Aditi. Consider this as my request or order, whatever you want.
She nodded her head in agreement and left from there. I was about to move upstairs when I felt a tug on my wrist. I looked back and found maa looking at me.
Nandini: Kya hua maa? Kuch kaam tha?
She sighed and made me sit on the couch, taking her place beside me.
Sakshi: What did I tell you when the very first moment you kept your first step in this house?
I smiled at her and her her hand.
Nandini: You told me that from that moment itself, you're my mother and whenever I need to talk or even sit in silence with, I should come up to you and that you'll always be there for....
I couldn't complete as I realised what all this meant. Of course she has overhead my conversation with Aditi and now she must be hurt. Shit! You're so stupid Nandini. I immediately took hold of hers hands in mine.
Nandini: Maa I'm so sorry. I..I didn't want to hurt you like that. It's just that while talking to Aditi, a lot of beautiful memories made way and I couldn't help but miss Mumma.
She smiled faintly and kept her hands on top of mine, squeezing it assuringly.
Sakshi: It's not about missing your mother beta. It's not under your control, in fact there's no harm in missing her and you should miss her, it's natural but what hurt me that you didn't come to me and shared what you felt. It means that you're still not comfortable...
I stopped her even before she assumed something and completed her sentence.
Nandini: Aisa nahi hai maa. It was just too sudden and I didn't want to worry you.
Sakshi: Ek maa ko uske bacchon ka dukh baantne ka poora haq hota hai.
And there it was-my dear'ol friend, tears which pooled in my eyes, clouding my vision. Maa wiped those and kissed my head. I just couldn't hold myself in that moment and burst in her arms. She held me as I cried. Cried for my lost mother, cried for our family. Cried for my brother's sadness. Cried for everything. Every damn thing. She broke the hug and after wiping my face, she once again kissed the top of my head.
Sakshi: Are you feeling better now?
I nodded my head in agreement, afraid my voice would sound like a frog's croak. Indeed I felt better after letting it all out.
Sakshi: Remember one thing always, I'm there for you always. No matter what happens, ok?
I smilingly nodded my head and kissed her cheeks. She smiled back and after patting my head left from there. My phone pinged indicating a notification. I checked it only find 'Husband ❤'. I smiled involuntarily because of two reasons. One, because he finds this contact name too cheesy so I, Mrs Abhiman Singh Rathore, decided that now he would be teased by me forever and two, because it's him.
*Need to discuss something. Come up?*
This is how he is, no request, just a plain simple order. I sighed and walked upstairs towards the hall where the Diwali bash would be held. Whenever we threw any party related to any Indian festival or casual dinners, we made sure we organized it in our own hall. I met Abhiman just at the doorstep of the hall. He was damn anxious or so his expressions told me.
Nandini: Tapping on your screen furiously won't solve your problem Mr Rathore.
He turned back to face me in a jiffy and almost ran towards me.
Abhiman: Thank God you're here. Woh..
He paused abruptly which confused me.
Abhiman: What happened Nandini?
He's serious. Damn serious.
Nandini: Where Abhiman?
I tried putting the most of my innocent expressions.
Abhiman: Don't. Just don't. You know what I'm talking about.
Well yes. He must've guessed that I've cried.
Nandini: Nothing Abhiman.
He stepped closer and cupped my cheek.
Abhiman: Did Malhotra do something. Just tell me. I'll rip off his head...
Nandini: He didn't. And don't worry. It's just that While talking to Aditi, mumma's topic came up and we got emotional. That's all.
And he quietened because he knew I wasn't lying. He simply kissed my head.
Abhiman: Don't lose it Nandini. You've too been strong for us. Just say whatever's on your mind. I'll hold till you cry out your last drop of tears.
I smiled and leaned my head to his. He has always held me throughout, even if he doesn't realize this but I know because, though late but I've realized it.
Nandini: Acha now tell me. Kya kaam tha tumko?
Abhiman: Oh haan, I forgot. Yaar yeh koun se flowers Kahan lagne Hai yeh sab tum dekhlo. I can't do this.
Nandini: Huh! You never do.
Abhiman was about to argue but I ignored and went. Obviously he couldn't stop himself and followed me inside. I mean how's is it possible that the Abhiman Singh Rathore could lose an argument and that too from me.
Nandini: Ok listen, we can fight later, for now get ready. We've to leave for the orphanage. You go and bring Ahana. She is with Navya.
He nodded and left. It was a tradition which we both used to follow before our marriage and after getting married we both used to go together to an orphanage and do some donations and spend our time with the children there. Ahana also loves being there as play there with lot of children there. It gives me peace, happiness and makes me feel connected to mumma now. It's like she feels happy when she looks at me from heaven.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
EVENING
WRITER'S POV
And just like Naina Murthy told her daughter, Diwali is indeed a festival of hope for each one of us. For an instance let's take the example of the children in orphanage. What do they have with them? Family? No. Love? No. Money? No. Happiness? Temporary. Luxury? Not a chance. A place to call their own? No, just a building they know where they've been left behind. Education? Some may, the others don't. Then what? Hope, that one day everything would be alright. They would be happy in their lives, having a family of their own. Dreams, that one day they would be a part of a happy world. That they would get their dream job and may become a billionaire one day. That's what keeps them alive. And when people like Nandini, Ahana and Abhiman visit them on one of these days, they instantly favour these festivals because it gives them a temporary happiness, a feeling of warmth, being loved and what not.
Indeed it's a festival of lights. A light of hope. A light of better perspective. A light of dreams. A light of change. A light of being better everyday. A light of love. A light of happiness.
People have different ways to celebrate their festival of lights. In fact the Rathores too made sure to celebrate this festival with all blitz and happiness. After offering their prayers to Lord Ganesha and goddess Lakshmi, they were attending their guests in their lavishly organized hall to celebrate their festival.
The hall was perfectly decorated, with the perfect blend of Western and Indian styles, the masterpiece of Mr and Mrs Abhiman Singh Rathore. They both managed to turn the whole of their home into a beautiful Castle, adorned with all the beautiful flowers, lights and candles. Everything was perfect, right from the entrance to the main hall.
They turned the entrance of their abode like a fairy tale come true. With different shades of pink lights and flower petals, the entrance's decor managed to give the guests a glimpse of the grandeur of the party that the Rathores were going to throw.
The guests who had still not overcome the beauty of the the outer portion, were left dazed when they came inside and saw the interiors. The interiors were beautifully decorated with flowers, candles and lights inside, just like the staircase that led them to the main party hall. It's not that the guests were attending the Rathores party for the first time, in fact many of them have been attending their parties even before Nandini became a part of the Rathores, but the luxury, uniqueness and beauty took them by surprise every time they visited the Rathores. And this time was no different.
Just if you thought that main party hall would be just like a normal regular one, you are proved wrong as soon as you enter inside the hall, which was beautifully decorated with purple, blue and pink themes with an intricate mandala design.
As you walk further, you find a massive centerpiece kept on a huge table right in the centre of the hall, which consisted of thousands of glass candles lit and arranged in a symmetrical pyramid, with a mini bouquet of mixed varieties kept on its four sides.
And just in case you looked up, towards the ceiling, you'd find elegantly lit small colorful jars suspended from there giving a beautiful dim light to the whole atmosphere. A fairy tale indeed. Rathores made sure that the dining arrangements should be well organized and by well organized I mean beautifully arranged. Matching the themes of the hall, it was also given a perfect blend of cool colours and not neglecting the lights, scented candles were kept along with other cutlery. Roses were hanging from the ceiling giving a natural scent.
And if you think they can't add glow to the table much, you are proved wrong.
The people who wanted to sit and gossip were provided a beautiful colorful canopy where cushioned chairs were arranged. People were gossiping about the whole set up. Oohs and Aahs were all around.
Suddenly the lights went out and a spotlight fell in the middle and emerged the senior Mr and Mrs Rathore, looking absolutely perfect together.
Arman: Good evening ladies and gentlemen. We are here to give our greetings to all of you tonight. A happy and bright Diwali to each one of you. We hope you enjoy our company as much as we do. Thank you.
They both smiled at their guests who cheered for them. They started tending the guests making sure everyone was comfortable and that the starters were served properly.
Sakshi: Humare bacche Kitne bade ho gaye na?
She asked with mother feeling of pride when she found her husband alone.
Arman (smiled): Yeh toh Hai but suddenly yeh question kyu Mrs Rathore?
Sakshi smiled and linked her fingers around his arm.
Sakshi: Ab iss party ka hee example lelijiye. They have done everything so perfectly. Right from the décor to the food, they've kept our pride intact.
Arman smiled but said nothing. Indeed he agreed and how could he not? After all he has seen his boys grow into men. He has seen his elder son getting married and becoming a father right in front of his eyes. He has seen how his sons started learning from ABC and finally came to business. And they've done everything with grace. And he. Is proud of them. His sons. But fathers don't show, they just silently support their children.
Arman: True but you can't deny that Nandini handles both of them really well.
Sakshi: Of course. In fact, since the time she has come here, she's the one who's been handling these two crazy sons of ours.
Arman (smiled): That child is the best thing that happened to all of us.
Sakshi smilingly nodded and kept her head on his shoulder. Their little moment was disturbed by Fab5 who came to wish them.
Fab5(unison): Happy Diwali...
Sakshi just smiled at them way too formally while Arman wished them back. For some unknown reason Sakshi didn't connect much with them, she didn't like them in fact she didn't get any positive vibes from them.
Sakshi: You guys enjoy.
Saying this she left while Arman followed her.
Arman: Yeh Bacche Kahan reh Gaye.
Sakshi looked around and found Rudra descending down the stairs, followed by Navya, who was looking absolutely stunning.
They approached the senior Rathores.
Rudra: All's going well dad?
Arman: Yes son.
Navya: Where's Biji?
Sakshi: She was here but the Pooja made her exhausted so she decided to rest for a while. She'll be back.
Arman: Where were you guys? Itni der se kyu aaye?
Rudra: Dad actually we were all making some last minute amendments. Isliye derr ho gayi. Sab neeche aa hee rahe honge.
And just as he said this, Ana and Vihaan also arrived, not together but at the same time. And for a change Vihaan had a stern expression while Ana was from time to time glancing him from her lashes.
Arman: My princess is looking so beautiful.
Sakshi: But then she always does.
Nia smiled sweetly at her parents and hugged them tight. She took the youngsters by surprise when instead of approaching Fab5, she chose to stick by her family and attend the guests. Fab5 felt like they never knew Ana before because of the kind of ignorance she was giving them.
And there was someone else too, other than Vihaan, who was happy with this improvement in Ana and surprisingly it was Abhimanyu, who just came down with Aditi by his side. Although it wasn't their intention to arrive together so as to give each other a much needed space and break.
Then Khushi arrived with Arnav and their twins and greeted Arman and Sakshi. They walked towards the others and the talks went on. Jokes, discussions, gossips and everything. This was happiness.
Then they saw Ahana running and coming towards Arman and Sakshi asking: how am I looking dadu and dadi.
Arman: Arey wah my gudiya is looking pettiest among all kissing her cheeks making her shy and all awed on her shyness.
Then she ran towards abhimanyu and he picked her in his arms kissing her cheeks.
Vihaan: Arey humare hero heroine Kahan hain?
Abhimanyu: Abhi toh sab saath the, ab kya ho Gaya.
Rudra: Pakka romance.
Navya, Ana and Khushi giggled while Aditi just passed a smile which was very well noticed by Abhimanyu and his loving gaze was noticed by Mukti who was by now burning with rage the moment she heard that Aditi was her Abhi's first love.
Her trance was broken when Sakshi blocked her vision. She had no idea what was happening there, thanks to the hustle around.
Sakshi: Ahana beta mumma Kahan reh gayi?
Ahana: Woh...
Before she could speak, there were gasps around. They all looked towards the staircase and found Nandini and Abhiman descending together. His hands on her waist while she had a blushy smile on her face. And everyone could notice that this was her happiest public appearance with Abhiman. Some were obviously jealous.
Abhiman: See I told you, you always look stunning in sarees.
Nandini smiled at him and shook her head at him. He leaves no chance to embarrass her.
Abhiman: Arey, I'm not lying. See everyone's looking at you.
Nandini: Abhiman shut up.
Saying this she hit him on the shoulder and walked ahead. He smiled and followed her. Nandini always liked to keep it simple and always nailed it. She believed that if you are wearing a heavy outfit, you don't need much accessories and vice versa and she ardently followed it.
Sakshi: Haye kitni pyaari lag rahi hai meri bacchi.
She kissed Nandini's head which made her smile.
Nandini: Ab aapko match toh karna hee padega naa..
Sakshi hit her shoulder playfully and both laughed. Sakshi always had a soft corner for Nandini and Ana, softer than Abhiman and Rudra. She always favoured these girls more, followed by Navya and Khushi. You can't blame her Actually, everyone favours his/her family first and she's the kind of person, who would do anything for her family. So you can't doubt obviously.
Ahana jumping on Nandni: mumma you are looking so pretty today.
Nandni while kissing her cheeks: My baby is looking very pretty and Ahana kissed her cheeks making Abhiman smiled at both of them.
Soon the party began and all the Rathores started greeting the guests personally. Abhiman and Arman introduced their wives to their friends and newest business partners and acquaintances. Nandini was laughing on something along with Vihaan and Navya who were joking about someone's dress when she felt someone's gaze on her. She looked around and found Manik looking or rather staring at her with a lot of emotions running inside him. Automatically Nandini was brought back to the times when they used all used to celebrate Diwali together. The times when Manik used to make a lot of efforts to make it the best Diwali for her every year just because she loved this festival so much.
Vihaan: Nandini? Where you lost at?
Nandini looked at him in a snap.
Nandini: Huh? Nowhere. Um, I'm sorry. What were you saying?
Navya: He was saying that Mr arrogant is about to murder someone.
She frowned because of two reasons, one Navya dared to call her husband with that ridiculous name and two because it confused her. Vihaan gestured her look back which she did and they were right. If only looks could kill life would've been easy, isn't it? She followed his gaze but couldn't see who it was done she was facing his back. His? Oh of course, she could decipher it was a man. She walked towards Abhiman and held his bicep bringing him out of his killing gaze game. He looked at her which made her gasp. He was extremely angry-red eyes, flaring nostrils, clenched jaw, just like before.
Nandini: Abhiman? What happened? You..are so.. pissed.
He took a few deep breaths to control himself.
Abhiman: Who invited him?
His voice was raspy and stern.
Nandini: Invited whom?
Abhiman: That disgusting creature.
She frowned and looked at where he pointed and her eyes widened looking at the person, who was now talking to some men but then she sighed.
Nandini: Abhay, you know he's papa's friend's son. He ought to be here when his family's invited.
Abhiman: Likewise he pretends as if he doesn't need his family but whenever his family is invited to our parties he tags along. Do you know why?
Of course she knew. She is a woman after all. She understands when some one gives her an uncomfortable gaze but she said nothing. But Abhiman was out of control. He was pooling in anger now.
Abhiman: Because that fucking man has his filthy eyes on you.
She sighed helplessly and turned him towards herself. She rubbed his muscles in a soothing manner.
Nandini: Ignore him Abhay. He's not worth it. Aaj Diwali hai uski wajah se apna mood mat kharab karo. You know it's futile, isn't it? Aur agar Ahana ne tumhe aise dekh liya to.. you don't want to scare her..right?
He wrapped his arms around her waist and pulled her closer.
Abhiman: One wrong move from his side and I would snap his head. Promise me you won't stop me.
She nodded aggressively in agreement, caressing his cheeks in a relaxing notion. He sighed and closed his eyes, keeping his forehead on hers. They both heard a few coughs around and parted but Abhiman's hold on her was still intact, not that Nandini bothered to remove. She liked it. His hold on her.
Rudra: Yaar Kam se kam yahan toh apna romance shuru mat karo.
Nandini blushed and looked away while Abhiman made a this-is-not-funny face at his brother.
Navya: Arey, why to blush Nandu? Just a moment before you were romancing in front of everyone and now you're blushing. Wow!
Nandini gave her a shut your mouth look which made Navya giggle.
Abhimanyu: Acha bhai baaki romance room mei karlena. For now, come with us.
Abhiman: Where?
Vihaan: Arey Rathores ka celebration aur peg na lage aisa toh ho nahi sakta. Kyu Abhi bhai?
Abhimanyu: Absolutely.
Abhiman grinned at them and was about to walk out when Nandini held his wrist, stopping him.
Nandini: Abhay please don't drink too much ok?
Abhiman nodded at her as he guessed the seriousness in her voice. She normally doesn't stop him from drinking in parties but whenever she does, it means she has a reason behind it. He kissed her head and walked away. Nandini walked to a nearby table as soon as she located Biji who smiled at her.
Biji: Aaj toh badi soni lag rahi hai puttar.
Nandini smiled and sat beside her.
Nandini: Aapne kuch khaya?
Biji: Haan puttar abhi abhi khana khaya. baache Kahan hai?
Nandni laughed and pointed in direction where Ahana and siya were laughing at something and rohit looked pissed at both standing beside them.
Biji: aur bare bache?
Nandini giggled and nodded towards the bar area to which Biji shook her head in disbelief.
"Nandini"
She heard Sakshi calling her so she excused herself and joined her mother in law who was introducing her to her friends with pride. Nandini excused herself and walked towards a secluded area to drink some water when she felt a warm breath behind her. She stiffened because it wasn't her Abhiman.
"Hello there, gorgeousness."
She mentally cursed her fate and turning around to face that man, she took three steps back to create an ample distance between them.
Nandini: Hi Mr Singhania.
He smirked and took a step forward and involuntarily Nandini took two steps back.
Mr. Singhania: Not fair Nandini. I greeted you so sweetly and here you are, greeting your father in law's friend's son, so formally. Call me Rohan, Nandini.
Nandini: Then let's make it equal Mr Singhania, you too greet me formally. Call me Mrs Rathore. I'd like it. No offence.
His facial muscle tightened and yet again walked closer to her but this time she had no escape. She was trapped between the wall and him.
Rohan: Mrs Rathore huh? Of course. But why Nandini?I know you aren't happy in this marriage, why are you pushing yourself to the edge?
Nandini: I'm very much happy with my husband and what I do or not is none of your concern Mr Singhania. You're a guest tonight so please act like one. Now, please excuse me.
She pushed him and was about to walk off when he held her hand and pulled her to his chest. She was trying to break free but he held her tight, almost bruising her whole body.
Rohan: So now you don't love Manik Malhotra huh?
Her movements stopped. How the hell did he come to know about her past? As far as she knew, he had almost spent all his life in London only, then how?
Rohan: Of course I've my sources Nandini.
He whispered in her ears and pushed his fingers deeper in the flesh of her waist and this seemed to bring back her struggle. She somehow broke off and was about to slap him but he held her hand.
Rohan: Don't act too smart with me, Nandini. Acha nahi hoga.
He said dangerously but somehow Nandini managed not to show him her fear and maintained a stern expression.
Rohan: For now I'm letting you go. Until laters baby.
With this he walked out leaving her behind. How the hell did he manage to dig up so deep in her past? Who helped him? Did Manik help him? No. He won't stoop that low. All these questions were bothering her but she failed to understand one thing-everything is not what it seems. But for now, all she knew was that Rohan Singhania is dangerous. Dangerous to everyone. And she has to be careful.
She came to the main party area and saw her family laughing and joking on something which brought a smile on her face. Abhiman saw her and gestured her to come to them to which she nodded and walked towards them.
Ana: Bhabhi, where were you?
Conversation with Rohan tormented her mind over and over again but she controlled herself.
Nandini: Washroom.
Ana nodded at her but Nandini knew this wasn't over, Abhiman knew something was wrong. He looked around and found Rohan already gone and he got some idea that it was him who disturbed Nandini.
Rudra: Dad,I think we should call off the party now. We all are tired.
Abhiman: I agree dad. It's quite late now.
Sakshi: Haan Arman. Bacche subah se kaam mei lage the, phir Rangoli bhi banayi, uske baad Pooja. They all are exhausted now. Maa bhi bohot thakk gayi hain.
Arman: Theek hai but tum sabne khana khaya.
They all nodded so Arman and Sakshi walked towards the centre.
Arman: I want to thank each and everyone who gave us their precious time and joined us to celebrate our happiness with us. I hope you've all enjoyed our company. Once again thanks to all. Good night.
They all cheered and soon enough the hall was vacant. The family was about to walk down when Arman stopped them all.
Arman: We both want to share something with you all.
Everyone came closer, including Fab5 and Vihaan were curious.
Sakshi: Arman and I think that this is the perfect time to announce this.
Arman: So we, as in maa, Sakshi and I, have decided that after Abhiman and Nandini's anniversary, Rudra and Navya would get engaged.
Happiness was all around the Rathores except one, Rudra, who went pale with this news. Navya and Cabir were no less.Fab3 didn't care but Dhruv was worried about his brother. He knew how much Cabir loved Navya but was helpless against the situation.
Biji got up and caressed Navya's head, who accepting her fate, smiled at her and took her blessings along with Rudra, who on Sakshi's silent insistence joined Navya.
Biji: Humesha khush raho aur ek dusre ko rakkho.
They both smiled at her, but one faintly the other fake-ly which was very well noticed by Nandini and Arman who got worried now.
Arman: What happened Rudra, Navya. Aren't you both happy?
Navya and Rudra looked at each other and something in Rudra's heart stirred. He was reminded about the past where he experienced a vulnerable Navya and the times they used to spend together. This. Is. Their. Destiny. Chosen. By. Him. And. He's. Going. To. Accept. It. This is the mantra he chanted mentally.
Rudra: No dad, I won't put up like this. It's just that isn't it too early?
Arman breathed a sigh of relief but somehow Nandini couldn't. Abhiman also smiled and encircled his arm around Nandini's neck and shoulder, keeping his chin on top of her head, making her smile.
Sakshi: You two have got a lot of time, more than these two but look at them.
She pointed at Nandini and Abhiman and they both smiled at everyone who were now looking at them in admiration.
Arman: Iss phase mei aisa hee hota hai but eventually things fall into their places with time. Don't worry ok?
They both nodded in agreement and somehow the elders' words made them believe their decisions. Maybe this was all supposed to be happening. All of them started walking out but Rudra was still standing there, so Abhiman came and wrapping his arms around his shoulder made him walk forward.
Abhiman: Don't think too much about all this Rudy. If you don't want to get engaged then tell dad tomorrow. Ok? Now relax.
Rudra too smiled and walked with him. Suddenly all heard a loud crash and a sound of glass breaking before two voices. One of Nandini, the other of Sakshi who had just turned back.
"ALYA......"
"NANDINI...."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Rohan Khandewal

CEO of Khandewal MusicsHe's a working machine-almost a robot, who wants perfection in everything and being perfect in Everything is his hobby

He's a working machine-almost a robot, who wants perfection in everything and being perfect in Everything is his hobby. Also being a robot means he doesn't have emotions. He uses people like they were meant for just his use and that's the purpose of their lives, nothing else.
Dangerous than danger, terrific than terror, inhumane than inhumanity and powerful than power itself.
He just had one person close to him-Abhiman Rathore, his best friend, oh might I mention, his ex best friend. They happened to fight due to some misunderstandings and now he hates him more than anything.
He always had his eyes on Nandini, who unintentionally became the cause of the best friends' separation. He hates her too, because she chose Abhiman over him. Ironic right?