28

Nandini after making Ahana asleep in her room was lost in her thoughts while Abhiman followed her to their room. So much had happened today and all throughout the day, continuously, without even giving them a break. It had definitely taken a toll on both of their minds. Nothing was feeling right and their fight was keeping them at bay.
Nandini walked towards the washroom, still lost in her oblivion, when she felt a tug at her wrist. She turned back and found Abhiman holding on to her wrist looking at it with earnesty. She rolled her eyes at him and tried to pull her wrist back when Abhiman pulled her towards himself.
Abhiman: Why didn't you punch her Nandini?
Nandini immediately stopped struggling and looked at him dumbstruck.
Nandini: What?
Abhiman: Ananya..?
Nandini's pupils dilated in realisation as she stared at him in guilt, shame, annoyance, anxiety, tears and so many emotions mixed at once.
Flashback
"I swear I'll kill this witch the next time I ever come across her."
An agitated Nandini growled angrily while Abhiman sighed at his ever so angry and energetic best friend. It was Abhiman's ex girlfriend, Ananya, whom Abhiman had dumped over a text. Nandini had scolded and lectured Abhiman on how rude it was of him to do that so Abhiman suggested her to try and see if he did wrong. So Nandini decided to try his theory of how bitchy his ex was. On calling Ananya, it was only proved to be true when Ananya called Nandini names that triggered the mini monster, as her boyfriend's friends called her, making her vow that whenever they come face to face, she'll punch the hell out of that witch's not so pretty face.
Abhiman: Don't exaggerate Nandu. We both know you won't be able to do such things.
Nandini's cheeks puffed in anger as she crawled to him on the bed and pointed her finger at him, who was admiring his first love, who happened to already love someone else.
Nandini: I can and I WILL do it. You'll watch me.
Abhiman immediately linked his little finger with her index finger, pulling her a little closer, keeping her comfort level in mind.
Abhiman: Promise!?
Nandini half smiled and half smirked.
Nandini: Nandini promise.
Flashback ends
Nandini gasped as she heard their voices in her head and looked up only to meet his mesmerising, chocolatey orbs, which were now glassy with tears.
Abhiman: You broke that promise Nandini.
He left her and stepped back a little while she turned back and cried feeling guilty.
Abhiman: I thought that you were finally moving on with me. I thought you were happy. I thought that I got you back-the old you, the jovial you, the real you-the real Nandini, my Nandu but who was I kidding? You were toh having your anti-depressants hiding from me.
Nandini gasped in horror and turned to face him in a jiffy who was now looking down.
Nandini: Abhiman....!?
Abhiman: Tumhe kya laga, tum mujhse chupkar apni pills logi, humare hee room mei aur mujhe kuch nahi pata chalega?
Nandini squeezed her eyes shut as the feeling of shame hit her. She felt as if she had cheated on Abhiman. She felt as if she had made fun of his feelings. She felt as if she had broken his trust and betrayed his love. Abhiman, who was himself broken, went towards her and kept his hands on her cheeks, caressing them softly.
Abhiman: When I said moving on, I meant not only from Manik but also from your fears Nandini. I thought...i thought I was helping you to conquer your darkest insecurities but it was all an.....illusion.
He whispered the last words as if his dreams were shattering slowly. He was about to walk away when Nandini held his hands tighter not letting him walk away. He looked at her and sighed.
Abhiman: That's why I didn't say anything when that witch as you call her, was provoking you. I thought you might answer her back or punch her on the face but I forgot that you are not my Nandu anymore.
Nandini sobbed and shook her head vigorously, trying to stop him from hurting himself.
Nandini: I'm sorry. I really am. I.. I couldn't sleep without my pills. I felt restless, as if someone was holding me down. I felt...felt suffocated.....choked. I couldn't breathe. I needed that peace. I was habitual to them. I'm sorry.
She kept her head on his chest, on top of his heart, which was beating erratically, almost lifelessly. She was tired of pretending what she wasn't. Of course she was happy but she always had that void in her chest. Abhiman sighed and wrapped his arms around her shoulders, completely shielding her.
Abhiman: Now just think how many times did you tell me about all this Nandini? I can understand that you didn't want to share your problems with me when we had our own tiffs but what about later?
Nandini closed her eyes tightly as reality hit her and she tightened her grip around Abhiman who equally reciprocated.
Nandini: I'm sorry. Please forgive me. I'll do anything for your forgiveness.
Abhiman kept his chin on top of her head, pulling her even closer if possible.
Abhiman: Anything?
Nandini kissed his heart making him sigh in content.
Nandini: Anything. You name it and you have it.
Abhiman pulled apart from her and held her shoulders.
Abhiman: Stop having those pills Nandini. I'll try to be the warmth that you seek for. I will try to be the love that you want. Please let me in. At least, try to limit your consumption for me, please?
Nandini was hesitant because she was surviving on those pills since last four years. They were her only hope and now suddenly giving up on them wasn't an appealing choice. Abhiman too was aware of her internal conflict. He realized that he had asked her for something that was her source of life up-till now but whatever he did, he did for his Nandini. He knew that those pills were killing her slowly; they were making her weaker than she already was.
Nandini slowly nodded her head in agreement, making Abhiman smile in adoration. He knew how difficult it was for her to agree with his demand but the fact that she did it for him, made his heart swell with pride and love. He kissed her head, letting his lips linger their for some moments. He promised to always protect and love her for the rest of their lives.
After a few moments, they place Ahana on one side of bed and both lay on their bed, facing each other, playing with their entwined fingers, looking into each others' eyes. In that moment, even the comforting silence between them wasn't enough for them. They both craved for more; something deeper, something even more passionate; something even more than intimacy. They craved for a love that would consume them till they couldn't find the way out of it.
Abhiman brought their entwined hands closer to his mouth and kissed it with all his might, bringing a beautiful smile on her face.
Nandini left his hand and crawled closer to him, resting her upper body on his chest and keeping her head on his heart, trying to seek his warmth to soothe herself. Abhiman kissed her temple and snuggled up with her, making her rest her head in the crook of his neck. He wrapped themselves in the duvet properly so that no cold can bother his wife and pumpkin.
Nandini sighed in content as she breathed his scent. She was already slipping into the land of slumber when she heard him whispering in her ears.
Abhiman: Sleep tight my love. I'll always protect you.
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
The next day, as the sun shone brightly, trying to make its way to the lovers' room, who were cocooned in each others' warmth, it only managed to wake up Nandini who got disturbed as a ray fell on her face. She tried to hide herself from the unwanted light but couldn't find a comfortable enough position. It was as if she was in a uncomfortable grip yet she didn't want to free herself.
She finally opened her eyes and after adjusting them to the light, she looked at her man who was holding onto her and Ahana for his dear life while effectively hiding her in his arms. She shifted back a little and found Ahana asleep on his chest and then caressed his stubbled cheeks with her knuckles. She felt so peaceful and most importantly, she slept without those pills. It was indeed a miracle that she didn't have any nightmares and slept soundly all through the night. Credits: her dear husband. She smiled slightly and caressed his lips softly with the tip of her index finger. How did she get so lucky? This beautiful man, right in front of her, was all hers and proved this fact by living every moment of his life for her.
He stirred a little, due to the discomfort of the lack of her warmth and opened his eyes only to get drowned in her hazel ones and he could bet that nothing seemed more romantic to him. He smiled at her, found his daughter asleep kissed her cheeks and then left a deep yet soft peck on his wife's lips, earning his favourite feature of hers-the blush on her cheeks and a breathtaking smile on her face.
Abhiman: Good morning.
Nandini: Good morning.
Abhiman: Slept well?
Nandini looked at him and then smiled.
Nandini: Probably the best sleep I had after mumma.
Nandni sat up on the bed reluctantly because honestly, this moment, their togetherness and their room seemed the best thing ever in this world. Nandini pulled up her hair in a messy bun after rubbing the corners of her eyes and looked at Abhiman only to find his gaze already on her.
Nandini: Kya?
Abhiman smiled foolishly and bit his lower lip before looking back at her.
Abhiman: I can't believe that you're mine.
Nandini smiled peacefully but her heart was in a frenzy, beating uncontrollably.
Nandini: Pagal ho tum..
She said and was about to walk off but he held her hand, jerking her back a little. She looked down where Abhiman had now pulled her towards his chest looking up at her.
Abhiman: Sirf tumhare liye.
He whispered in a husky voice which made Nandini smile crazily.
Nandini: Aaj kya ho gaya hai tumhe?
Abhiman took her palm and kept it on his heart which was beating as crazily as hers.
Abhiman: Wahi, jo 5 saal pehle hua tha, wahi jo akhri saans tak rahega, wahi jo tumhe bhi hai.
There comes another silent confession making Nandini gasp due to breathlessness. Heck! Did he just confess that he loves her? She grinned before running towards the washroom, leaving him grinning to himself, hugging their daughter tightly and kissing her gently.
It was indeed the best morning ever.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
InitialInitially, the environment was awkward and silent since the moment they all had gathered down. It was only a few business talks here and there. The aura changed to comforting and jovial as soon as Vihaan arrived along with Abhimanyu, Aditi and Taani.
Due to the insistence of Taani and her energetic nature, all the youngsters were now sitting in the lawn area, talking and knowing each other when Taani suggested something.
Taani: Guys, Why not we all drop a question one by one and then all will answer that question? The only exception being that the question asked should be something meaningful and personal but no vulgar ones Haan pointing towards Ahana...In this way we all will get to know some hidden stories of each other. What's say?
They all agreed and were now looking at each other in confusion as to who'd start first.
Ana: Ab itna mind-blowing idea tumne diya hai toh tumhi start kardo.
It was evident by her tone that she held extreme dislike for Taani who was herself aware of this hatred could only smirk internally.
Taani: Ok then.. I'll start. Umm, describe your first meet with your partner. Why don't we start with Abhiman and Nandini?
Ahana: yes I also wanted to know how you meet?
Abhiman and Nandini looked at each other and smiled as nostalgia hit them, unaware of the fire that burnt the soul of that one man who held nothing but hatred for this relationship-Manik.
Abhiman: It was Five years back when mom dad took me to India, precisely Mumbai, to meet their friends and dad's latest business partner-the Murthys. Mom had bought a custom handmade chocolate for their daughter but forgot it in the hotel that we were staying before the Murthys insisted that we should stay with them. So mom had forced me to find some good chocolates as a replacement for the lost ones, for Miss Murthy.
Abhiman smiled gently while Nandini looked down tucking her hair behind her ear. Besides Abhiman, one more person had his eyes fixed at Nandini-Manik.
"What the fuck! Where would I find a 'good chocolate'? And one second, what does mom mean by a good chocolate? Dude, all chocolates are good. And what's up with that Murthy? Why the hell is she so moody? These pampered rich girls I tell you. Yaar yeh kya bala hai? Kahan dhundoon mai?"
A frustrated Abhiman was roaming around the mall, checking each and every shelf for some chocolates, cursing the anonymous pampered Miss Murthy, when he dashed with some girl, whose things were all scattered now.
Abhiman: Shit! I'm so sorry.
He immediately got up and gave his hand to the girl on the floor, whose face was hidden by her waist length brown hair. As soon as she flipped back her hair, the Abhiman Singh Rathore was bowled over. He was left mesmerized and it was different from all the other times. Most of the times his first instinct was to win over the girl that he found hot but this time, it was to know her closely and talk to the girl that he found beautiful. So you see adjectives definitely differ with the feelings.
"Aiyappa...!"
And Abhiman could swear that he had never heard a voice so sweet before. He gave her his hand in his trance which she held and got up. Sparks flew down his spine as soon as her skin touched his. He wanted this woman for the rest of his life and there was no denying that he was falling for her.
Abhiman: I'm so sorry again. Are you alright?
Nandini looked at him but then there was no feeling reciprocated since she was already taken.
Nandini: It's ok and yes I'm fine, thankfully.
He smiled at her which she returned. They both picked up her stuff after which she was about to leave when she noticed his lost expressions.
Nandini: Hey, is there a problem?
Abhiman hesitated but then thought to take her help.
Abhiman: Umm actually yes. I'm new here and my parents and I are visiting a south Indian family. The gift that my mother bought for their daughter is left behind so my mom forced me to find some chocolates for her. And honestly, I don't know what to do anymore.
He could clearly see amusement dancing in her eyes, but then she smiled lightly.
Nandini: Oh come on, it's not a big problem. I can help. I'm a south Indian as well. Well let's just hope my choice suits that girl.
With that she turned to find chocolates while Abhiman kept staring at her. He wondered if it was infatuation or lust but then she wore no fancy clothes, just a plain simple blue floral Kurti and washed jeans; she wore no high end accessories, just her jhumkis that were shining like stars and she wore no layer of makeup, just her regular kohl and lip gloss. How could a girl be so perfect?
Nandini: Here...
She hands him a box of chocolates, breaking his reverie.
Nandini: These are my personal favourite. Nothing too fancy, nothing too crazy. I think it'll be a perfect gift.
Abhiman admired her simplicity. Why can't all girls be like her?
Abhiman: I wish she's as perfect as you are but I'm sure she must be pampered as hell.
Nandini: Hey, stop being judgemental ok? And I'm no perfect girl, that you're thinking me to be. By the way, I'm Nandini.
She forwarded her hand and he immediately held her hand in a trance.
N A N D I N I. Even her name sounded so beautiful.
Abhiman: I'm Abhiman. And thank you for the help. I don't know what would I had done.
Nandini smiled at him and took her hand back. She was about to leave when Abhiman called her.
Abhiman: Actually, can you do me one more favour?
Nandini: Sure.
Abhiman forwarded his phone to her.
Abhiman: Can you tell me how far is this address from here?
Nandini looked at his phone and then at him. She grinned at him puzzling him.
Nandini: Just a block away.
Abhiman: Thank you so much. I wish we are able to see each other again.
He said it in a hope that she'd give him her contact details but she smirked at him, taking him by surprise. She stepped a little closer to him and said it in a voice so seductive that he couldn't decipher if it was done deliberately or he felt it that way.
Nandini: You never know when I open the door for you the next moment and welcome you saying, "Welcome to my place."
With this she walked off stunning him.
Abhiman: And those were the exact words she said when she opened the gate as I reached there. And that's how I met Nandini Murthy aka Nandini Abhiman Singh Rathore.
While all were smiling listening to their story, Manik felt as if someone was pinching his heart. After five years of their relationship, they both were sure of each other and Manik had already started imagining Nandini as Nandini Manik Malhotra but now, someone else's name was added to her's and the feeling itself was worst. Fab4 was noticing their friend's expressions and they could exactly pinpoint that pinch on his face but they were helpless, they can't give him someone else's wife for the matter of fact and Nandini isn't ever going to leave her husband for sure.
Vihaan: Matlab tu humesha se hee tharki tha.
Although it was meant to lighten the atmosphere but Abhiman smiled and looked at Nandini.
Abhiman: Humesha se tha lekin uss din ke baad sab badal gaya.
Nandini looked at him lovingly but her attention was grabbed by Taani.
Taani: Nandini yaar how can you not drool over this hot dude? You gotta be kidding me right now.
Nandini: I was...was in a relationship at that time..
She said after a lot of hesitation which left Fab5 and Taani, Rudra and Aditi in surprise.Aditi: Interesting.. You HAVE to tell me about that..
Ana: But aapne mujhe kabhi nahi bataya bhabhi. That's not fair.
Nandini: I didn't tell you both anything about it because that relationship is the biggest regret of my life. So I didn't consider it important enough to be discussed.
Abhiman, Vihaan and Abhimanyu looked at Nandini carefully trying to gauge her reaction but her face gave nothing away; they couldn't make out if she was lying or not while Manik looked at her with so many emotions but the one empowering them all was guilt and fear. He didn't want her to hate him to such an extent where she started considering their memories a regret.
Ahana was listening all this with full concentration then lost in her thoughts said with a pout.
Ahana: How will I tell my story with rohit. I know him from childhood na.. making Abhiman shocked and rest laughed at his expressions.
Abhiman after recovering from his shock: why will you tell yours and rohit story?
Ahana: Ayiappa... offo after marriage I will also share my story na like you and mumma did giving him another shock.
Abhiman: He is not your boyfriend and you will not marry him.
Ahana: He is my boyfriend and yes I will marry him.
She ran away giving him a minor heart attack.
Ahana: I am going with dadu for a walk bye. And I will marry him.
Abhiman who was still in shock turned towards Nandni.
Abhiman: You make her understand Nandni. She isn't going to marry him or anyone else. Okay? And I am not going to leave that rohit. He has brainwashed my innocent daughter.
Nandni: I can't say anything in this matter. After all you have made her this stubborn. So now deal with this.
Everyone laughed at him.
Vihan: waise kamal hai bhai. She kept you on your toes. Jo koi nhi kar pata wo Ahana karti hai.
Abhiman glared at him making vihan shut his mouth.
Abhimanyu: Ok then. It's our turn now. Well, I met Aditi in an orphanage nearby. Gaya wahan charity karne tha aur aaya wahan apna dil gawa kar. I still remember how beautiful she looked in her white dress, playing with some children. Since that day, I went there everyday to spend time with her. Gradually we both realized it was love and there's no looking back since then.
He side hugged Aditi who smiled at him, snuggling closer to him while the rest of them watched them adoringly except Mukti who was still not over the fact that she had lost her Abhi to someone as undeserving as Aditi.
Vihaan: Well I met Taani in our college. Ours was a filmy encounter I'd say. She was about to slip from the stairs but fell straight in my arms. And then I was the talk of the town because apparently the tomboyish diva of the college was in my arms.
Taani: I know right!? There were so many rumours about us everywhere. But yes, I honestly started fangirling over him since that day and the legend continues.
Initially, Vihaan was hesitant because of the fact that only Ana was on his mind but he had to pretend it was Taani but as he started, everything went with the flow and they had nothing to lie about and that was the exact reason why Nandini chose Taani for this work and as expected, Ana was going berserk.
Taani: Ok! Manik, your turn.
Manik's eyes immediately traveled towards Nandini who was avoiding his gaze.
Nandini and Manik had no fancy, filmy collision. It was pretty sober and simple. Their parents were friends so when both Manik and Nandini returned to Mumbai after completing their schooling, they got along well. The simplicity and the reality in their relationship made Nandini believe that they were a forever.
Ana: Manik and I met in a club during my visit to India. We had a steamy dance and then we hit it off. Now, here we are.
Manik frowned upon hearing her because she was clearly lying. They just had a casual conversation and harmless flirt. Nandini at once guessed that she was making up stories but she definitely felt hurt because Ana was deliberately hurting Vihaan. However, the possessive brother in Abhiman, couldn't understand Ana's lie and he hated the fact that Manik had tried to get close to his sister and who knows they had already crossed all the bases of their relationship? His knuckles turned white but then he felt a soft relaxing touch on them. He looked at his wife who was caressing it softly while smiling at him. She shook her head slowly to tell him that Ana was lying and as expected he visibly relaxed.
Ana opened her phone in an attempt to find something to divert their attention.
Ana: Bhai....
Ana screeched excitedly and shoved her phone at Nandini's hands who looked at it and gasped. She read the headlines again and again.
Is it the end of Ananya Thakur's modelling career?
Abhiman peeped into the screen only to smirk which soon sobered as soon as Mrs Abhiman Singh Rathore glared at him.
Abhiman: What?
Nandini: Don't what me. I know you are behind this. Aren't you?
Abhiman: Well if I could make her a successful model, even though she isn't even a shit of a model then I can definitely ruin her.
Abhiman shrugged while Nandini looked at him clueless.
Nandini: And Why did you exactly do it?
Abhiman: She should know that she can't get away just like that after insulting you.
Nandini: Abhiman....!
Abhiman: What Yaar biwi. You just chill.
He wrapped his arms around her neck pulling her closer to him while she frowned. He kissed her cheeks while the others just laughed at his efforts of manofying her. She pushed him and got up and was about to leave when she felt him holding her wrist. Abhimanyu smiled seeing his sister happy so taking the guitar from Vihaan's side, he started strumming the chords to produce a beautiful medley surprising everyone.
Tadpaye Mujhe Teri Sabhi Baatein...
Ek Baar Ae Deewani...
Jhootha Hi Sahi Pyaar To Kar...
Nandini's snapped towards Abhiman who had sung after five damn years. She used to teach him singing but after their wedding, all their equations changed and just like her, even he abandoned singing. He just sang only for Ahana in the nights when she can't sleep sometimes. And now suddenly singing here, in front of everyone, for her, it made her so overwhelmed.
Main Bhoola Nahin Haseen Mulakaatein...
Bechain Karke Mujhko...
Mujhse Yun Na Pher Nazar...
He got up and stood exactly behind her. The passion in his voice made her legs wobble.
Sardi Ki Raaton Mein...
Hum Soye Rahe Ek Chaadar Mein...
Hum Dono Tanha Ho...
Na Koi Bhi Rahe Is Ghar Mein...
He slowly wrapped one of his arms around her waist and another one around her neck, pulling her close to him.
Zara Zara Behekta Hain Mehekta Hai...
Aaj To Mera Tan Badan...
Main Pyaasa Hoon...
Mujhe Bhar Le Apni Baahon Mein...
He nuzzled in her cheeks following a trail down her neck, collarbone and shoulder, burning her whole body in the fire of his passion.
Yuhin Baras Baras Kaali Ghata Barse...
Hum Yaar Bheeg Jaayen...
Is Chaahat Ki Baarish Mein
He hugged her from behind while she leant back on him as Abhimanyu kept strumming his guitar with Aditi leaning on his shoulder.
Teri Khuli Khuli Lato Ko Suljaayun...
Main Apni Ungliyon Se...
Main To Hoon Isi Khwaayish Mein...
Abhiman ran his fingers through her long, silky tresses something which he has been obsessing over since the time he has seen her. He snuggled in her hair as he felt her breathing heavily.
Roothega Na Mujhse...
Mere Saathiyan Yeh Vaada Kar...
Tere Bina Mushkil Hai...
Jeena Mera Mere Dil Mein...
He suddenly turned her to face him as he finally kept his insecurity out in the open for her and when Nandini blinked in assurance, he pulled her closer by her waist and guided his other hand through her neck to cup the back of neck and lower head, claiming his possession over her, as he expressed that he won't be able to live without her.
Zara Zara Behekta Hain Mehekta Hain...
Aaj To Mera Tan Badan...
Main Pyaasa Hoon...
Mujhe Bhar Le Apni Baahon Mein...
Not being able to control herself, she crashed in his chest while he kept singing the last verse, expressing his desire for her, his desire to be in her arms all his life and in response, she tightened her hold on him.
They both broke the hug when they heard a few fake coughs. Manik was burning, nothing felt right. Nandini blushed and tucked her tresses behind her ear while Abhiman scratched his nape.
Taani: Dude you sing so damn well. Why are you not a singer yet?
Abhiman looked at her and smile in gratitude.
Abhiman: I only like to sing for Nandini and Ahana, not for an audience. It's something meant just for us.
Nandini smiled at him like a love sick puppy which was equally reciprocated by him. Nandini went and hugged her bhai, who had finally taken puppy steps towards music. It was because of Nandini that he lost his music and ironically it was because of Nandini that he was finally ready to accept music back in his life.
Nandini: You were amazing Bhai.
Abhimanyu smiled at her and kissed her head.
Vihaan: Aey ladki apne pati ki bhi tareef karde. He entertained you so well.
Nandini looked at Abhiman and it was evident from her eyes that she was mesmerized and still breathless from that little tease show. Abhiman grinned at Vihaan before shrugging carelessly.
Abhiman: She doesn't need words to convey what she feels and thinks. I can look into her eyes and feel what she's feeling.
Nandini looked down before hiding herself in Abhimanyu's arms who willingly hugged her back.
Navya: Hmm matlab abhi ek proper sa appreciation session hoga room mei huh? Sahi hai matlb wakie you guys are working on Ahana wish means to give her a brother.
She wiggled her eyebrows at him while Abhiman winked at her.
"Sir, your parents seek you all."
Abhiman dismissed the helper who came to summon them all. They all were about to leave when Taani stopped them.
Taani: Guys I think I should leave. I actually have a meeting with one of my business partners here.
They all agreed.
Sakshi: Where are...?
Abhiman: They left.
Sakshi nodded at them when suddenly Biji stood up making everyone stand on their places as well.
Biji: Maine tum logon ko yeh batane ke liye yahan bulaya hai ki mai Nandini aur Abhiman ki anniversary ke baad India wapas chali jaongi.
Arman: Maa.....
Biji: Maine yeh faisla karlia hai.
Nandini stepped forward to stop her but Biji showed her palm, halting Nandini on her steps.
Biji: No one will say anything. My decision is final. Aur waise bhi I don't like it here.
Abhiman side hugged Nandini who was now looking down while Sakshi sat on the couch while Fab5 were looking at them.
Soon one of the guards came inside with some visitors who were totally uncalled for, at the moment-the Malhotras. They greeted everyone and when they came face to face with Nandini, Abhiman stepped forward and wrapped his arm around her waist clearly warning them to stay away from her.
Nyonika: How are you doing my child? We've been missing you so much? We are so happy that you moved on.
Nandini sniggered at her choice of words nevertheless maintained her calm posture not wanting to disappoint Biji in any way, than she already was.
Nandini: I was doing good until you decided to drop by Mrs Malhotra and about moving on then yes I had to move on after all this is what you wanted right?
Nyonika Malhotra was no saint that she didn't catch the sarcasm behind Nandini's words but not wanting to create a scene in front of the Rathores and Fab5, she just smiled and was about to pat her cheeks but Nandini stepped back.
Sakshi: You please make yourself at home Nyonika and Raj. Excuse us.
With this she walked off along with the others.
Biji: Abhiman please walk me to my room then you can take gudiya.
Abhiman immediately complied and went with her not before nodding at Nandini. Fab5 pretended to leave but hid behind the staircase to eavesdrop.
Nyonika: So my little kitten has grown up huh?
Nandini: Way wilder than you.
Nyonika: so you have become a mother ha? Congratulations.
Nandni: Stay away from my daughter.
Nyonika smirked at her while Raj went towards the guestroom allotted to them.
Nyonika: So you still stand by your decision? You won't force Manik? So, guess I'll have to play once again, my way.
Nandini: Can you stop being so boring Nyonika? Now listen carefully, you started a game five years back and I'll end it MY way. This time, the roles would be reversed. This time I'll snatch Manik from you. He'll loathe both of you and leave alone you, he won't ever trust on anybody after this game comes to an end. Just remember that.
With this she walked off, leaving behind a fuming Nyonika and a baffled Fab5.
It was a game of revenge and secrets, meant for destruction of hearts.
Nandini had changed by then and was walking to and fro across the room while Abhiman had gone to change. Her head was blasting with all the event. She couldn't handle it anymore. That's it.
She opened up the drawer, took out her pills and were about to gulp them when she remembered her promise to Abhiman. She stared at the pills in her hands. It wasn't even a week and she had already started giving up on them? Frustrated, she threw the pills and sat on the bed holding her head, unaware of that one proud gaze on her who was happy that at least she was trying her best to her herself, to help him, to help them- Abhiman's.
He walked towards her and immediately wrapped his arms around her,  taking her in his warm embrace.
Abhiman: I'm so proud of you baby. Thank you for not giving up on us once again.
She tightened her hold on him and tried to absorb as much warmth from him as possible. She knew it was needed to fight all the evils, she had at her hand right now. And they would do it together this time.
He flowed through her veins as blood and she became the beats of his heart. And this is how they both kept each other alive.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~