23

NEXT DAY
ABNI'S ROOM
NANDINI'S POV
Dear diary,
How have you been these days? I know I haven't been active since a long time now but I'm not to be blamed here. A lot has been happening in my life lately. Aditi, my long lost best friend and bhai's first love came back in our lives and I want nothing more than for them to reunite because they both deserve happiness which lies in their togetherness. And with the return of a happy part in my life, returns a long lost hatred as well, Rohan Khandewal. He's just like Abhiman, his replica with that same intensity, aggression and extremities. They love with all their hearts and hate with all their brains. But I know as long as I and Abhiman are together, nothing wrong could happen.
And that reminds me of Abhiman and mine mended relationship. Yes I got my happiness back in the form of Abhiman Rathore. He's a beautiful man. He's my man. And I love him with all the broken pieces of my heart and trust me this is the extreme level of love that I could ever provide to anyone now.
My writing process came to a halt as a knock disturbed me. I kept my diary beside me and sat upright.
Nandini: Come in.
The door opened only to reveal the most unexpected person ever. Manik. I watched as he slowly strode towards me and hesitantly sat in front of me at the foot of the bed. There was a thick awkward silence between us and why won't it be? After all we were an ex couple who are now with different partners and also who had a rough breakup. He cleared his throat so I looked up.
Manik: Um, how are you feeling now?
My eyes were as wide as saucers right now and I'm sure he noticed it because he looked away in embarrassment. Holy hell! Manik Malhotra asking me about my well being? Suraj Devta Kahan se nikle ho aap?
Nandini: Huh? Me?
Manik: Duh! Obviously you. Who else?
Nandini: Um yeah I'm fine. Thanks.
And then there was awkwardness again. What has happened to this guy suddenly?
Manik: Listen, thanks....for whatever you did for Alya yesterday.......
Nandini: It's OK. I told all of you I'd have done the same for anyone in that place.
I cut him in between because the more he spoke the more awkward it got. He too understood my dismissal and nodded, getting up.
Nandini: Manik!
His head snapped towards me as I called his name.
I was talking when Ahana came running towards me interrupting me.
Ahana: mumma woh.. but then she turned towards manik asking him you here.. you are buiii friend... manik...right?
Nandni: Ahana we don't call elders with names.
Ahana: oops.. okay manik uncle right?
I was feeling hurt inside by Ahana calling manik as uncle but manik chose this himself and I can't tell him now because Ahana has her father that is Abhiman.
Manik while bending: yes you are right angel. Can I call you that? Because you are so beautiful and cute like angel.
Ahana: yeah sure you can call me angel but ha don't call me pumpkin. Only dada can call me that. Obviously I don't like pumpkin but he is my dada he can call me whatever he wants. Okay?
Manik: of course from now onwards you are my angel now and only I am allowed to call that? Deal?
Ahana nodded happily: Deal.. I like you infact I guess I love you. We will be best friends now. Okay?
Manik while kissing her cheeks: okay best friend.. I love you too while Ahana also kissed his cheeks.
I have never seen Manik this happy before till the time he came here. This is my Ahana, my light who can. Make every one happy around her. Then I interrupted them knowing that I can't allow them both being this close.
Nandni: okay Ahana what were you saying?
Ahana: offo mumma I forgot she said dramatically and ran outside the room saying I am going to Navya masi you take care.
Manik: you have a beautiful daughter. I nodded at him awkwardly.
Nandini: Manik..Are you supporting him?
His facial features contorted in confusion as he continues to gaze at me in daze.
Manik: Supporting whom Nandini?
I rolled my eyes at him. Now he's playing the innocent victim.
Nandini: Don't act like you don't know what I'm talking about.
He was now agitated and irritated.
Manik: What the hell! Have you gone crazy or what?
Nandini: Rohan Khandewal. Don't you remember him.
He frowned at me and then his expressions relaxed in realisation.
Manik: Oh yeah! I met him yesterday but seems like he knows me too well.
Nandini: Yesterday?
I exclaimed in disgust.
Nandini: That man comes about blackmailing me for my past with you, knowing even the slightest details of our relationship and you say you met him yesterday.....?
He showed as if he was confused but suddenly I saw a flash of hurt in his eyes.
Manik: So you're saying that I am helping him against you and your husband huh?
I rolled my eyes at his drama.
Manik: You're doubting me?
Nandini: Have you given me any reason to trust you?
He gritted his teeth in annoyance.
Manik: Listen, I've no interest in your so called husband. I only want to destroy you and nothing else.
Nandini: And let me tell you Manik, you are very much successful in that since the moment you stepped in this house because you are disgusting me every second of my life. You're making me question my sanity that how could I ever fall in love with you.
No matter how hard I tried but I couldn't hide the hurt in my voice and the tears from escaping my eyes. He bent lower to my face and leaned closer to my lips.
Manik: I'd prove you that I've nothing to do with that Singhania just to answer your sanity that I still have that piece of me alive and buried somewhere in my stone cold heart with which you fell in love with. Maybe your love was never true but mine was and I'd prove that to you.
And then he did the most unexpected thing, he buzzed my forehead and left while I sat there dazed and then I did the most forbidden thing-memorize those hauntingly beautiful moments of my life spent with Manik. Every kiss, every hug, every walk, every talk, every hand hold, every snuggle, every damn thing about us marring my thoughts.
"Boo"
I gasped with surprise with the sudden intrusion near my ear and looked up to find Abhiman grinning at me. I sighed and then hit him on his shoulder. He chuckled and sat beside me on the bed side hugging me.
Nandini: Abhiman.
I finally decided to break the ice.
Abhiman: Hmm.
Nandini: Woh I need to tell you something.
Advik: I'm all ears.
Nandini: Woh yesterday in the party, Rohan cornered me and.....and inappropriately touched me and........b......blackmailed me about.....about.....
Abhiman: About Manik and you.
My head shot towards in a speed of lightning and found him sitting him in a relaxed posture stroking my hair. I slowly sat up and looked at him with wide eyes.
Nandini: Matlab you knew?
He sighed and cupped my cheeks.
Abhiman: What do you expect Nandini? Someone would touch my wife inappropriately and that too in my own home and I wouldn't know? No Nandini, never. I always have my eyes on you as long as I can and it's possible. I was just waiting for you to tell me yourself.
I looked down and just then he nudged my chin up and forced me look at him.
Abhiman: Believe me when I say it Nandini, I would've chopped his balls off but I controlled myself because of your promise.
I closed my eyes and let the tears drop freely. I feeling his lips on my tears, kissing them off my cheeks.
Abhiman: Trust me Nandini, that was the last time he laid his filthy eyes and hands on you. I'd never let anyone look at you in that way for as long as we are together and I promise you that.
I nodded my head at him and leaned my head on his.
Nandini: I trust you with my life Abhiman.
He kissed my head followed by my cheeks and lips. I knew I was safe until the time I have him in my life. He'd keep me safe until my last breath.