7

He was hugging Ana but his eyes were glued to her. Nandini. And she? She was looking lost, maybe in his eyes. How it hurts to see her giving him those looks which were exclusively reserved for me, only me but she has no shame or hesitation. She's doing all of this in front of me. But I don't care. Yes I don't. I don't need her. She's a bloody cheater, a fraud and I'm sure one day she'll leave him heartbroken too. I saw Ana breaking the hug and Rudra hugging him.
Rudra: Finally ap wapas aa gaye. We all missed you so much. At least bata kar toh jatey...
Abhiman: Well if I had told you before, I wouldn't have received this warm welcome now, would I?
Rudra playfully punched him which made him chuckle. Next up was Navya who side hugged him.
Navya: Hi Mr khadoos.. Nice to see you.
Abhiman: Hi Miss drama queen. Nice to see you too..
Navya: Ay, don't call me that. I'm not drama queen.
Abhiman (rolled his eyes): Oh come on. Such a big liar you are. And even if I accept that you are not then tell me why am I a khadoos?
Navya: Well that's quite evident in the way that you left my best friend and doll alone for a whole damn week. Do you know how much they cried and missed you?
This time his eyes traveled to Nandini who immediately widened her eyes and started looking everywhere but him. I was definitely not liking the way he was staring at her. I so wished to scratch his eyeballs until they fell out of their sockets.
Vihaan: Yeah that's right but don't worry I was there to comfort my friend..
Although mischief was quite evident in his voice but I saw that Abhiman's eyes darkening as he advanced towards Vihaan or whatever and kept a hand on his shoulder. By his expressions I can literally see that it wasn't a friendly gesture but a clear warning.
Abhiman: My wife clearly doesn't need anyone to comfort her as long as I'm alive. Is that ok?
Vihaan: Woah woah dude! Calm down. I was kidding...
Abhiman: But I.AM.NOT.
He emphasized every word that made Vihaan back down. Abhiman turned towards Nandini who was still teary-eyed and slowly but steadily walked towards her. And if I said that I didn't care then I'd be lying, because for some unknown reason my heartbeats were drumming loudly against my chest. As soon as he reached her, they were looking directly into each other's eyes, as if they talked through their eyes. He slowly reached for her hair and after caressing them, he tucked it behind her ears and then caressed her cheeks as she leaned in his hand. I saw him smiling at her and pulling her in a hug and she readily gave in, hugging him tightly. She was sobbing while he was saying something to her which I couldn't hear, whilst caressing her back. This made me feel terrible, as if someone stabbed me and then burnt me alive. Wasn't it only my right to hug her tightly? Wasn't it only my right to touch her? What does he have that I don't? An over luxurious home? Or a huge music label? I hate you Nandini. I hate you so much for doing this to me and I'll never ever ever forgive you... They both broke the hug and he kissed her head. Wow! Such a lovely moment. He turned towards us and his eyes stopped at me. They were red. Literally red. And for the first time, I felt myself intimidated by someone. I saw his grip tightening on Nandini's waist which made her visibly uncomfortable but she didn't say anything.
Abhiman: I see we have some company here.
All of us looked at us while we looked at each other. Coming out of the awkward phase, I looked at Ana who immediately went towards Abhiman.
Ana: Bhai, this is Fab5, my friends from India and..ummm they've come here for our new album...
His eyes darkened, just like mine did whenever I was raging, as he glared at Ana who gulped nervously and then looked at, oh no, stared, almost hatefully, at Nandini who looked down.
Abhiman: And you didn't bother to inform me that some random cheapos are selected for our album, huh Nandini?
He jerkingly left her which made her stumble back a few steps but she was held by Vihaan who was standing behind her. Her eyes filled with tears, and they finally found their escape, maybe feeling the humiliation but the truth is, you deserve this Nandini.
Nandini: Abhiman.. They... They aren't...
She couldn't form proper words to give a justification and hence stammered but guess what? It only increased his anger. It seemed as if Abhiman was going to shout on her but then he somehow controlled himself.
Abhiman: They aren't what Nandini? Without even asking me, you select some shitty people just because they're Ana's friends..
Nandini nodded her head in a no while looking down and sobbing silently but before she could explain herself, Rudra came forward and side hugged her.
Rudra: Why do you always get so hyperactive? At least let her explain you. Anyway, they are not selected till now. We were waiting for you to come and select them yourself. We'll audition them and if you don't like them, then they're out. As simple as that. And yes, they're here, not because they're Ana's friends but because the lead singer... Umm what's his name?
He sratched his head as if remembering my name. He forgot my name, like seriously. Who forgets my name huh?
Manik: Manik Malhotra...
I said loud and clear which made all of them look at me with mixed emotions. Some disinterestedly like my friends and that Vihaan, some hatefully, like Navya and Abhiman while some blankly like Nandini. As if I care. But out of all these looks, Abhiman's was more evident. He looked at me like I was some dirty pig.
Abhiman: That's exactly who you are...
I looked at him surprised which only made him smirk.
Abhiman: I mean the lead singer..
Rudra: Yes. Whatever.. So he's Raj Malhotra's son so dad asked them to stay. So stop blaming your beautiful wife now.
That made that bastard turn his attention back to his bitchy wife. He cupped her face, wiping her tears and kissed her head yet again.
Abhiman: I'm sorry.. My temper always hurts you right. I'm sorry. I just can't help it. You know how important this album is to me right and I can't afford some random inexperienced people to ruin this..
Nandini smiled faintly and held his hand, nodding her head.
Nandini: It's ok. I understand. It's important to me as well.
He smiled at her and side hugged her. Can't he stay away from her? Can't he talk to her without touching her? And why is it affecting me huh? Why? Why damn it? I don't even love her. I hate her. Yes I Manik Malhotra hate Nandini Murthy. Rathore.. Fuck.
Mukti: You don't have to worry about us being the inexperienced ones.
We all looked at her in surprise as she spoke suddenly. Abhiman narrowed his eyes and advanced towards her followed by Nandini and Navya and surprisingly Mukti gave him those flirtatious looks. She forwarded her hand whilst smirking at him.
Mukti: Hi. I'm Mukti Dhawan.
He looked at her with a scrutinized gaze and then back at Nandini who gave disgusting looks to Mukti which really shocked me. Nandini was never rude to anyone. Then why this hatred? I saw Abhiman nudging Nandini by his elbow and gave her a naughty look gesturing Mukti which made her chuckle and slap his bicep playfully. Well, I failed miserably to understand their inside joke and I don't even care.
Abhiman turned back to Mukti who feeling offended, took back her hand long back.
Abhiman: I don't think I need to introduce myself now, do I ?
Mukti smirked at him and took a step closer to him. I looked at Nandini expecting her to feel jealous and angry but to my surprise she was actually giving pitiful looks to Mukti, shaking her head while Navya smirked at her.
Mukti: Of course not Abhiman. Who doesn't know you? Well I was telling you about how much dedicated we are towards our work and music. In fact we are very talented in other things as well. Wanna try?
Woah! She's seducing him in front of Nandini. I salute you Mukti. I smirkingly looked at Nandini but again found her giving those disgusting looks to her.
Abhiman: And why do you think I'd waste my time on you when I've a better option? Hm?
Mukti's expression changed into a shocked one and why not? After all she has never been rejected by a guy. Abhiman pulled Nandini closer to him by her waist.
Abhiman: You see her? She's my wife, my possession and trust me, I really don't need you or for the matter of fact anyone when I have a perfect and pure woman like her in my life. And look at you. I mean I might sound rude but you and your friend over there (pointing to Alya) won't be able to attract a real man. At least not like this.
He gave her a disinterested look and then finally took a step back.
Abhiman: And coming back to your talents, you better impress me during your auditions because your smart mouth won't work with me.
With this he walked off with Nandini and Navya towards the table where Rudra, Vihaan and Ana were engrossed in some deep conversations. I'll show you your place very soon Abhiman. Very soon. You'll face the real Manik Malhotra and you'll regret meeting me. I saw him saying something to Nandini to which she nodded and walked ahead but Abhiman strode back to us and stood directly in front of me.
Abhiman: You'll have to work very hard Manik and don't forget, you are here just for the album and nothing else. Understand?
Manik: I don't even care for anything else Abhiman.
Abhiman(cutting him in between): Mr Rathore .. I'm not your friend that you'll call me Abhiman. I don't even care what you're here for. All I know is... Stay away from my family or to be precise, MY wife.. Don't even think of harming her. I'll chop you off into pieces Manik and trust me, nobody would even have the slightest idea of your eyour existence...
With that, he walked off. How dare he threaten me? Me? Manik Malhotra? You're very proud of your wife isn't it? I'll make sure to destroy that pride of yours and make your happy married life a living hell Abhiman Singh Rathore.