11

Abhiman POV
My innocent baby. My Nandini. She got so embarrassed just because I caught her staring at me. She's so cute that I feel like gobbling her then and there. Everything about her is so special, so lovable, so adorable, cute and noticeable. The way she smiles. The way she talks. The way she cries. The way she walks. The way she laughs. The way her eyes crinkles when she laughs. The way her eyes twinkles. The way she gets dreamy. The way she blushes. The way she complains to her Aiyappa. The way she bites her lips sheepishly when she's shy. The way her cheeks get puffed when she's angry on my pumpkin. The way she twirls her hair when she's confused. The way she looks at me. The way she sleeps with her mouth partly ajar. The way she cares. The way she loves. The way she cribs. And the list is endless. And I..am in love with all of her. Ever bit of her.
Smiling to myself I got dressed in the outfit that she chose for me and got ready for the office. I walked out of closet to see my princess all ready for school. She ran towards me seeing me and I caught her in my arms kissing her cheeks and she does the same with me. Abhiman: Pumpkin today I am going to drop to your school.
Ahana: Seriously dada she asked me with a shine in her eyes.
Suddenly I felt so embarrassed and hurt to see how much my daughter was missing me and craving to spend her time with me. I am really sorry pumpkin I said in my heart. Dada is going to make up all his doings.
Abhiman: Yes darling today I and you Mumma are going to drop and pick you from school then we are going to have our family day. Okay?
Ahana: yay.. I love you dada
Abhiman: Same princess I love you too my pumpkin.
Ahana then ran downstairs excitedly.. may be telling everyone about our today plans. My over excited daughter while I was waiting for Nandni who was getting ready.
Today I had to listen to Fab5's first song that would determine whether I want them in my album or not. I'd have easily thrown them out of our house, our album, our lives but it's Ana that I'm worried about. I can't believe my fate. The two most loved ladies except mom and Ahana of course, of my life fell in love with the most unsuited guy. Manik Malhotra. After all these things how can somebody expect me not to hate him? He has ruined everything for me. The love of my life, my first love, my wife has loved this guy since ages and it hurts me so bad that she can't love me like him. And Ahana my pumpkin is his.. no no she is mine.. she is mine and Nandni's daughter. And that comparison, that void, that emptiness hurt like bitch.
Speaking of bitch, I've two bitches(no offence) in my life these days. Ah! I can't remember their names. Gosh! I'm so bad with names. Or should I say that I don't remember names of some random bimbos? I can't believe Abhimanyu was in love with that tomboyish bimbo. Nandini ke Aiyappa, aapne in Murthy siblings ko dimaag kyu nahi diya tha haan?
I still had a vague idea of yesterday. I was heavily drunk and I'm sure about it because one, I don't remember anything clearly, two because of the major hangover with which I woke up and three, because of the fact that I found myself so close to Nandini. I am always at peace when I'm close to her. Her touch heals all my wounds, both internal and external, it soothes my entire being. I had the best sleep after a year. I wish we could stay like this forever. But alas! She loves him. I love her. She wants him. She needs him and I'll never be 'him'.
Nandini still in the washroom. Why do girls take so much time to get ready? I was about to come out of our room when the washroom's door opened and Nandini came out in her purple bathrobe. She looked so beautiful. Her innocent face glowing in freshness. Her rosy wet lips parted. Her enchanting long brown wet tresses falling over her head. I looked away not wanting to show my love and desire to have her close to me, to her. I was about to walk out but heard her speaking.
Nandini: where is Ahana?
Abhiman: downstairs and then I told her about our today family plans.
She nodded.
Nandni: Is your head hurting?
I closed my eyes to control myself as I heard her sweet melodious voice. I took a deep breath and masked my feelings. I turned to face her and looked at her sternly.
Abhiman: Why do you care? Oh, is it the part of your responsibility and promise made to naina aunty?
Her eyes became glassy and I immediately felt disgusted of myself. She bit her lip and looked away. Don't cry for me Nandini. I don't deserve you. I'm not worth your tears.
Nandini: Why do you do this to me Abhay..Abhiman? Why can't you give me a second chance? A last chance? Am I not worth your forgiveness? Your time? Your love?
I sighed audibly but then I was an expert to hide my emotions.
Abhiman: Oh come on Nandini. Accept it. Accept it that you don't love me, that you don't need me, that you still love him, that I am just a responsibility in your life,a bloody burden, that you would never love me like that Manik, you still haven't moved on from that bas...
I stopped abruptly as I saw her advancing towards me and then she did something that shocked me. She.. slapped me. I looked at her wide eyed.
Nandini (shouted): Manik Manik Manik. Can't you bloody see that I have moved on? Can't you see that I'm trying to be what you want me to be? Can't you see that I've been better than before, just for you? For our daughter? For our little family? Why can't you accept that I'm your wife Abhay, who cares for you, who considers you HER responsibility and not a mere promise to her dead mother? Why can't you stop bringing some third person between us? God damn it..
She jerked me away and turned around holding her head with her hands while I stood there shocked and at that moment I could literally feel her pain. Am I doing the same thing that Manik did with her? Am I damaging her just like Manik? Suddenly I felt a push on me and found Nandini holding my collar and staring at me angrily with her beautiful but red teary eyes.
Nandini: No matter how hard I try not to take your words seriously, not to take all your painful accusations on my heart but I get hurt. It hurts Abhay. Do you know where?
She took my hand and placed it on her heart and automatically my heartbeat match hers. I could feel her pain because I was hurting too.
Nandini: Bohot dard hota hai Abhay. Bohot dard hota hai.
She cried holding my collar while I held her shoulders letting her cry. Suddenly she looked at me with Fury.
Nandini: You know what? Now I'll do exactly what you want me to do. You want me to stay away from you. I will. You want me to treat you like you're a responsibility to me. I will. You want me to never bother you. I won't. I'll never bother you Mr Abhiman Singh Rathore but hear me out loud and clear. I won't leave you myself. If this relationship ever ends, it'll be you who ends it. Understand that?
With that she stormed inside the walk in closet and left me in tears. I have hurt her so much. I'm such a fool. What's the difference between me and that bastard? Shaking my head I came out of our room and stopped just in front of that disgusting man's room. I'm going to get this room cleaned thoroughly once he leaves. I descended down the stairs only to find the dining area and living area empty. It was 8:45 by the clock which meant there were still 15 minutes for everyone to gather here. Sighing to myself, I sat on the couch and surfed through my phone when I heard Abhimanyu's voice.
Abhimanyu: Good morning..
I looked at him and smiled at him.
Abhiman: Morning..
He smiled and sat beside me.
Abhimanyu: So, how's life?
I kept my phone inside my pocket and turned towards him. Well everything's fucked up but I replied the usual.
Abhiman: Good..
He smirked and shook his head at me.
Abhimanyu (sarcastically): Well,I can see that.
I rolled my eyes at him. Sarcasm is the official language of these siblings.
Abhiman: What about you?
Abhimanyu: Well, apart from a disturbed sister who's unwell and has an unhappy marriage, everything's good. So, you and Nandu are back to square one?
I sighed and looked down.
Abhiman: You know sometimes I wonder why did your sister choose a guy like Manik? How can she be so foolish?
Abhi sighed and looked straight.
Abhimanyu: She isn't foolish Abhiman. My sister is too innocent. Woh pagal har kisi ka acha chahti hai. Manik ne use thodi khushiyaan di par woh pagal usse pyaar samajh baithi.
I looked at our family picture. Everyone looked so happy. Everything was so perfect. Why was I hell bent on ruining us? Because Nandini deserves to be happy.
Abhimanyu: Abhiman, try to accept...
Abhiman: She deserves someone better, Abhimanyu. She deserves to be happy. And I've realised that I've just given her pain.
Abhimanyu: Ok then, let her go.
I looked at him blankly but then possessiveness overpowered me.
Abhiman: Why would I let her go? She's mine. Mai pyaar karta hoon usse. Woh sirf meri hai..mere bachi ki mama hai woh...
Abhimanyu: Toh phir apnale use.
I stared at him giving nothing away from my eyes.
Abhimanyu: You both belong with each other. You both need each other. You both want each other. And most importantly, you both love each other. Then why to complicate things to the worst Abhiman? You guys have a 4 years old daughter who cannot live without you both. Think about your future. She is growing up and soon she will started to observe your differences afterall she is your daughter. Then what are you going to say to her?
I looked at him blankly, pondering over his words and registering them in my mind. Before I could throw another theory on him, on why I shouldn't be back to square one with his sister deary, we saw Ana and Navya walking down along with Rudy.
Abhimanyu: Think about it Abhiman..before it's too late and all you are left with is regret.
He patted my knee and got up, indulging himself in some conversation with Rudy while I was left in the pool of my thoughts and his words. God! This is so confusing. At one time I want her to be with someone better than me and at the same time I get jealous rather, territorial for her whenever she's not with me, or imagining her with some other man or even if someone stares at her.
"Bhaaaiiiiii"
Ana's loud shrill brought me back to earth and I glared at her which not really affected her.
Abhiman: What? Why are you hell bent on torturing my eardrums?
Ana: Because you need a new pair of them.
I rolled my eyes at her sarcastic comments.
Ana: Anyway where's bhabhi?
I looked at her as if she was an alien.
Abhiman: Like seriously! Just to ask about Nandini's whereabouts, you were literally damaging my poor ear drums.
Ana aised her hands in defeat and sat on the couch with a thud.
Ana: Oh come on. And wait. Why won't I? She's much better than you. Actually you know what? She's the best among all of you after mom dad.
Abhiman: Yeah right. Hum dono toh yahan gadhe baithe hain..
Ana: Exactly..
Rudy: Matlab we are donkeys.
Ana: Bata rahe ho ya puch rahe ho?
"Stop it both of you."
We looked at the source of the voice and found Arnav striding towards us.
Arnav: Kya bacchon ki tarah ladd rahe ho tum dono. For god's sake shut up and stop eating our brains early in the morning.
Khushi: They aren't zombies that they'd eat your brain and for your kind information you don't have brains so how will they eat it?
I grinned at our savior. She always answered back to Arnav in the most sarcastic of ways. Ana and rudy hi-fied with each other.
Arnav: You guys are impossible. Where's Nandini yaar. She's the only sane person among all of you.
Khushi: Including you..
She smirked at him making us all chuckle and Arnav frustrated.
"Arey mai toh reh hee gaya. Count me in too."
We turned back and found Vihaan entering inside, grinning at us.
Abhimanyu: How can we forget you bro? Jab baat insanity ki ho rahi ho toh tujhe kaise bhool sakte hain?
Vihaan frowned but then smirked.
Vihaan: Well compliment taken.
Abhimanyu chuckled while we smiled at them. Vihaan is a totally carefree type of guy. He lives his life to full extent, he enjoys every moment, he tries to find joy even in the least of things, just like Nandini and that's what made them the best of friends. I really like him and admire the person that he is.
Vihaan: Oh by the way, where's my beautiful?
Except when he flirts with my wife. Why can't he stop being all flirty with her? It's so annoying and the worst part, she enjoys every bit of it.
Navya: Wahi toh mai bhi soch rahi hoon. Btw Khushi Arnav what are you guys doing here in the morning?Arnav: i have some work with Abhiman.
Navya: oh but where are you twins?
Khushi: oh they are with their dadi today. She is going to drop them school. And where is your toofan Abhiman?
All laughed at this.
Abhiman: aye don't call my daughter that? She is with Nandni I guess.
Arnav: yeah yeah we know how much saint she she is..
Abhiman: shut up you are spoiling my innocent daughter and keep your son rohit away from my daughter otherwise I am not going to leave you both.
Navya: Aaj pata nahi ye Nandni Kahan reh gayi. Mai use bula kar aati hoon..
She turned back to move when she came across Fab5 or more precisely Cabir Dhawan. Well I know he is her ex but I also know that being the girl that she is, she wouldn't ever deceive my brother. She was looking at him but then turned sharply as if she detested the mere sight of them but stopped at the foot of the stairs.
There she was, walking towards us just like an angel walking down from heaven. She looked beautiful but then she always looks but today something was different. That glow, that smile, that beautiful smile was missing from her face. She came down with Ahana. She came, kept her bag on the couch and hugged Abhimanyu tightly surprising him but I wasn't surprised at all and Ahana came to me saying that Mumma is sad dada while hugging me tightly. I knew she was worn out and needed her brother to hold her tight. Abhi hugged her but was confused and before I could even do anything I felt Navya's gaze on me and her expression told me that she is comprehending me the reason of her best friend's miseries which was absolutely true.
Abhimanyu: What happened baccha?
Nandini shook her head and hugged him even tighter.
Nandini: Mumma ki yaad aa rahi hai bhai.
Abhimanyu's eyes moistened as he pressed her to his chest tightly and snuggled in her hair. I'm so sorry naina maa. Mai aapki Nandu ka dhyaan nahi rakh paa raha, usse khush nahi rakh paa raha, sirf aansu de raha hoon. I don't deserve your princess Naina maa. I'm sorry. Please forgive me.
I looked sideways to control my emotions and found Manik staring at Nandini. Nandini.. My Nandini. My wife. He was staring at my Nandini. He was staring at my wife. My love. I was about to march towards him but Abhi's voice broke my trance. i didn't even realise when Ahana left me and moved to Nandni.
Abhi: Are You feeling better?
And Ahana wiping her tears saying Mumma don't cry. Nani will get sad if she will see you from sky.
Nandini just nodded her head making Abhi kiss her head in a protective gesture. Nandini smiled at him faintly and her gaze fell on me. She looked into my eyes trying to comprehend something while I did the same but transfixed by her beauty. Abruptly she broke the eye lock and looked away. She wiped her tears and walked towards the dining area with Ahana.
Nandini: Ana, lately you've been ignoring your health a lot. You've stopped your exercises and have been eating a lot of junk these days. I want you to return back to your routine from today itself. Is that clear?
She asked sternly to which Ana put up a puppy face.
Nandini: No these faces aren't going to work on me. Your health comes first, alright?
Ahana chuckled on Ana expense.
Nandni: and you missy also focus on your food. Finish your milk other wise all your plans will be cancelled today. Right dada? She asked me to which I nodded. Did you guys understand?
Ana and my pumpkin nodded sadly but then they back hugged her to which she reciprocated. You see, that's what I love the most about her. She's the most selfless person I've ever come across. You just can't find a genuine and honest human like her these days. She's very special and that's why she deserves someone who will keep her happy.
Ana: Bhabhi...
I heard Ana whining yet again for not eating healthy and doing early morning exercises. I walked towards them followed by the others.
Abhiman (sternly): Princess, no more whining. Nandini's right. I've been noticing too how you're neglecting your health.
Ana: No bhai. Not at all. I'm very much health conscious. It's just that I've been really busy these days and hence I couldn't concentrate on my exercises.
She faked innocence to lure me in her sweet talks but before I could protest, my wifey dear spoke.
Nandini: Yeah by eating tonnes of chocolates.
Told you, sarcasm is her second language. Ana rolled her eyes and opened her mouth to say something but I cut her off.
Abhiman: Oh come on. No more excuses from now on. I know you very well.
She made a grumpy face and sat on the chair beside her oh so sweet boyfriend. I looked at Nandini but found her toasting a bread for Ahana with a very solemn expression. Generally she used to be smiling or looking at me from time to time but today she's totally ignoring me.
Navya: Nandu, uncle aunty kahan hain?
Nandini: Woh dad ke koi friend ki tabiyat kharab ho gayi thi toh woh dono wahin Gaye hain.
Navya nodded while I looked at her, or to be precise gawked at her. I observed her every move. The way she was listening to everyone's rants. The way she was tucking her hair lock behind her ear, which was troubling her. The way she smiled faintly, seeking her happiness in the smallest of gestures. The way her lips twitched in a curve. I couldn't help but stare at her.
"Abhiman !"
I looked at abhimanyu who suddenly called out my name.
Abhimanyu: Use aise dekh mat, teri hee hai woh.
Although they joked and laughed about themselves but these small words provided me relief a big time. I felt happy listening to those words. She was mine. She's only mine. I looked at Nandini who was now glaring at Navya and Ana, who were teasing her about me staring at her.
Ahana: Bui you know today I have plans with dada and Mumma.
Ana: oh really what kind of plans?
Ahana: today dada and mumma gonna drop me to school and then they will pick me from school and then we will go for an outing. Right dada? She told them excitedtly and animatedely.
Abhiman: yes princess but first finish your milk as your mumma said.
Ana: Can I join you guys? Ana asked her teasingly.
Ahana: no today is only me dada and mumma day.
Ana: please doll
Ahana: no... dada tell her that she can't come.
Abhiman: yes pumpkin she will not come. Okay and Ana stop teasing her.
Ana: okay bhai you are always on your pumpkin side. You will say whatever she asks you she said laughing.
Ahana: while hugging me my dada.
Ana: yeah yeah your dada
Arnav: Beti ka ghulam to which every one laughed.
Abhiman: shut up jaise tum to ho nhi. He made a bad face to which everyone laughed.
Saying this I stood with Ahana in my arms. Okay guys I will see you all in office. I asked to fab 5 be on time. I don't like late comers. Arnav I will meet you in office after dropping pumpkin to her school. I walked out while Nandni following me.
I dropped pumpkin to her school. Our whole ride only pumpkin was talking that how excited she is and we both were only nodding. After dropping her I drove my car to office in silence. This is my life. We pretend to be happy in front of only Ahana and without her there is only silence.