16

As soon as she entered her room, she found the bed messy with the duvet half on the floor and half on the bed and her daughter was sleeping peacefully hugging a pillow like she had karate in her sleep, his gym towel on the bed, the TV blasting with a Linkin Park song mixed with the tune of some EDM song playing in the gym and his vest lying on the couch. She shook her head seeing her husband's messy habits that she hated the most. She sighed and walked towards the gym area  and turn off the music, only to be greeted by the most alluring and drool-worthy site. Her hubby dearest jogging on the treadmill shirtless, all in his glory, flaunting his six pack abs. Messy hair, hot bod, sinister smirk, sexy looks and an alluring face. Gosh! How did she get so lucky.
She couldn't help but stare at him, or to be exact, admire him. She wasn't just attracted to his well physique or his Greek God like looks but she was attracted to him, his smile, his talks, his passion, his aggression, his eyes, his care, his concern but most importantly, his love. It was like a drug for her. The more she had him the more she craved him. She moved her gaze tentalisingly slow from him chest to his face only to realise that he had caught her and now was smirking at her. Her face felt hot as she somehow tore her gaze away from him. Shit! Why does she always make a fool out of herself in front of him? She was still busy cursing herself when out of nowhere, she felt his warm minty breath on the back of her neck. She closed her eyes and her hold on the glass tightened. Suddenly she heard him whispering very softly yet seductively enough to raise goosebumps all over her body.
Abhiman: You enjoyed the view, I suppose.
She shut her eyes tightly on being caught and chewed her lower lip hard. She felt the glass being taken from her hand which made her open her eyes, only to get lost in his captive ones. She watched, no stared, no no observed how he was drinking the juice, slowly, with his eyes still looking into hers, how his Adam's apple moved with every sip he gulped. She licked her lips and looked away. She knew she had to get away from him because he was making her lose her sanity. She hurriedly ran back to their room and started smoothening the bed, after keeping everything back on their place. She was humming softly and was about to stand back when she felt him bending over her, with his one hand around her waist and the other one on the bed supporting his weight. Her heart started beating wildly as she felt him close to herself. She felt him tugging at the belt of her night robe which opened easily. He slid her robe off her right shoulder and placed a wet kiss on it, making her gasp loudly. Ssshh..pumpkin is sleeping.
Within minutes, he was everywhere yet nowhere.
He turned her and looked at her lovingly which actually surprised Nandini because since the time they're married, he was only soft to her during her panic attacks or nightmares. This was definitely a new Abhiman no her Abhay, a better version though. She was about to ask him but he made her sit on the bed and to her utter surprise he knelt before her, taking her hands in his, caressing them gently and staring at their hands admiringly.
Nandini: Abhay yeh tum...
Abhiman: Ssh! Let me speak today Nandini. Bohot himmat karke bol raha hoon..
Nandini immediately shut her mouth and looked at him curiously. He kissed her hands softly and finally looked at her.
Abhiman: I realized something Nandini. I realized that we both have made a lot of mistakes and we both have repented enough for them. The way we are staying, is doing nothing but weakening our relationship and soon in no time pumpkin will also start to observe our differences, and I don't want us to end Nandini, only if you have your consent in this. You said you have moved on right? So I want us to happen. I don't want us to stay apart anymore. I'm not saying to live like those happy couples right from today but let's take baby steps and end this awkward silence between us. I.. I promise I won't hurt you, not intentionally though, but that I never do. Ok scratch that. I promise I would try to keep a check on my temper always. Let's be the way we were before, please. I know,I may not be comfortable or may act indifferently but please accept me with all my imperfection just like you did when we met the first time. Please?
Nandini had tears in her eyes, and this time, they were finally happy ones. She saw a tiny ray of hope. She didn't jump to any conclusions at this moment. She knew life was unpredictable but for now, she wanted to enjoy this little victory, even if for a small time. She smiled and nodded at him.
Nandini: I never rejected you at the first place Abhiman. I agree I was a little distant at the start because of my horrendous past but you were always a part of me Abhiman. Always.
Just in three sentences and twenty five words she eased all his worries, insecurities, past grudges, assumptions, the what ifs, every damn negative thought. That's how powerful her words were. He got up smilingly and kissed her forehead, letting his lips rest and little longer than usual. Both were at peace. They always knew they were each other's peace but circumstances never let them soothe each other so they both were feeling this peace from their hearts. After a while they both stepped back.
Abhiman: Waise Nandini....
He called her and she immediately looked up with eyebrow arched, indicating a silent what.
Abhiman: I was really missing our morning work out sessions. You know, what a site it was to see you stretching, jumping, jogging, skipping. I think you should get back to your previous routine, what's say?
Nandini's eyes were as wide as saucers and mouth was wide opened, seeing him playing it dirty with her so evidently. She playfully slapped his bicep which made him chuckle.
Nandini: What a perv...
She scrunched her nose, showing her disappointment but he bent down to her level and whispered almost on her lips.
Abhiman: Only for you baby.
Nandini gasped inaudibly when she felt him nuzzling in her neck.
Abhiman: And you know you like it too.
She liked it? Hell yeah. In fact she loved his playful self. She pushed him smilingly into the washroom.
Nandini: Go and get ready you perv. I have to wake your pumpkin.
She heard him laugh inside the washroom which made her smile and shake her head on his antics. She took out her clothes and accessories and waited for him to come out. As soon as he came out, her eyes widened and she immediately turned back, turning away from him. She heard him laugh which made her annoyed.
Nandini: Chee Abhay. Why would you come out naked huh?
Abhiman smirked but then replied in a duh tone.
Abhiman: What? I'm already wearing my boxers. I'm hiding what's supposed to be hidden.
Nandini turned tomato red in embarrassment as he said that. She shook her head while he laughed silently.
Abhay: Aur Waise bhi ab aadat daal lo Mrs Abhiman Rathore because I would from now on be in my comfort zone.
Her eyes widened listening to him and without even looking at him, she took her clothes and ran inside the washroom which made him laugh out loud. She then shouted from the washroom stop laughing and go awake your daughter who is sleeping like a khumbkaran.
He smiled and bit his lower lip. She has not changed even a bit and he is grateful for that because he absolutely adores her simplicity and innocence. He then move towards her Pumpkin and sat beside her on bed and start caressing her hairs admiring her who was looking so adorable.
Abhiman: come on pumpkin get up now.. wakey wakey listening him Ahana snuggled into him and Abhay started kissing her on cheeks irritating her.
Ahana: Dadaaaa
Abhiman: yar pumpkin uth jao wrna tumhari hitler mumma Chilana shura ho jaye g subha subha to which Ahana giggled and looked at Abhiman opening her eyes.
Ahana: Good morning dada kissing her cheeks and pushing him on bed and then lying on his chest.
Abhiman laughed at her replying good morning princess while hugging her and said pumpkin mumma jeena haram kar de g so uth jao.
Abhiman: pumpkin baby tumhari Bari dadi b ate ho g. Chlo let's go to guest room and make you ready.
Ahana: oh ha mai to bhool gayi thi. Chlo chlo dada Bari dadi se milna hai. He got Ahana ready and Ahana moved downstairs excitedly to meet her Bari dadi.
Then Abhiman got ready and waited for Nandni to come out but seems like she was enjoying her alone time because it had been an hour since she had gone inside. Finally he got frustrated and banged on the door.
Nandini: What the hell do you want Abhiman?
She screamed from inside which made him smile. He knew they were finally becoming the Abhay and Nandu that they were before. He composed himself and shouted back.
Abhiman: Are you on a world tour or what?
Nandini: What rubbish!
Abhiman smirked. Irritating Nandini Abhiman Rathore-Mission accomplished.
Abhiman: The 'rubbish' is the fact that you are in your own fairy tale since an hour you stupid. Are you planning to ditch me?
Nandini: Oh you wish.
He chuckled. Had they been in their previous terms there would have been an awkward silence but now everything was fine between them, the savage best friends were back.
Abhiman: Fine then. You be in your fairy tale and I'm going down to my daughter.
Nandini: Thanks to the heavens above for that.
He heard her grumbling inside the washroom which made him laugh and he came out of their room and walked down happily. As soon as everyone saw him, they were happily surprised. Abhiman Rathore was seen smiling and all glowing with happiness early in the morning. That's something new.
Rudra: Kya baat hai bhai aaj toh bade khush hai ap.
Abhiman smiled and took his place beside him.
Abhiman: Bas Biji ke aane ki excitement hai aur kuch nahi bhai.
"I won't buy that."
They all looked back only to find Abhimanyu coming towards them and taking his seat beside Abhiman, wrapping an arm around his shoulder.
Abhimanyu: Should I consider my sister as the reason of your happiness?
Abhiman said nothing but grinned at him which actually surprised everyone. He was openly showing his happiness in front of everyone. Abhimanyu had a vague idea of his happiness and he was happy that they were making some improvement in their relationship.
"I bet on that. In fact her second name should be happiness, the first being beautiful."
All looked back only to find Vihaan grinning at them, as he approached them. They all thought that Abhiman would definitely give some heated reaction but he did the opposite and smiled it off.
Advik: Tune pehli Baar koi sahi baat ki hai.
Vihaan was so damn surprised that he didn't have any comeback at that moment. His jaw was litrally touching the floor making Abhiman chuckle at them. They all thought that they were alone but their talks were heard by three people who had mixed reactions.
Dhruv, who was happy to see all this, for his best friend who lives in such a family, but regretting for treating her like a thrash. Cabir, who did agree with everything that they spoke about his sister but the rage that he held for her blinded him. Manik, who was absolutely blank, he didn't know what to expect and what to not. Specially after the morning encounter.
Cabir: They're so foolish to think that Nandini loves them all.
It was a bit shocking for Manik and Dhruv to hear something against Nandini from Cabir. Somewhere inside their hearts, they all knew Cabir still had the soft corner for Nandini for he considered her as his sister then why such a sudden reaction.
Manik: Cabir.... I... You..
Manik couldn't form a proper sentence. He didn't know what to say, whether to support Cabir or defend Nandini but Dhruv had enough, he couldn't hear anything against her.
Dhruv: I really thought that you were the sane one amongst us and eventually you'd come around but I guess I was wrong and you know what? I'm happy. I'm happy for Nandini, my best friend. At least, she is in the hands of the people who truly love her, understand her and most importantly, know her worth. We are all unworthy of her.
He murmered the last line, enough for both of them to hear, who were actually surprised to see Dhruv defending Nandini.
Manik: Then what did that betrayal mean Dhruv?
Dhruv gave him a piercing gaze.
Dhruv: Kaash yeh jawab tune uss raat hee sunn liya hota Manik toh shayad aaj...
He paused abruptly and then shaking his head, he walked to the living area. Manik couldn't understand what to think, he was damn confused while Cabir went into deep thinking. Were they right not letting Nandini speak her side of the story? Not giving her a chance to explain herself?
"Ise kya ho Gaya?"
They all looked at Mukti who along with Alya, apparently heard their heated discussions. Before they could reply they heard Alya speaking.
Alya: Nandini must have filled his ears against us. After all they were 'best friends' once. Or maybe she's playing some games with us by trapping Dhruv and that's why he broke up with me.
Foolish much, isn't she? She still couldn't understand that she lost Dhruv because of her own stupidity and selfishness not because someone snatched him from her. Cabir couldn't hear such things about his brother but then he didn't want to speak to Alya because she disgusted him the day she cheated on his brother in front of his eyes so he walked out, followed by Manik, who was extremely irritated with these two ladies. Mukti and Alya, being confused with their behaviour, nevertheless followed them to the living area, where they joined an overactive and overexcited Ana, who was literally hopping around.
Navya: control yourself ok? You'll hurt yourself. You are behaving like Ahana today and look Ahana is such a disciplined baby today.
Ana: I can't babe. I just can't. Biji will be here in just 5. How can I even control myself?
She jumped once again and was about to stumble back when Vihaan held her from falling. They both were looking at each other intently while others observed them. Everyone noticed a spark between them. While Manik who should've been jealous, was just confused and disinterested. Vihaan made her stand and stepping back he looked away from her, startling her while he wanted to distance himself from her since it would just make it difficult for him to accept the fact that she's already taken.
Navya shook her head and let her be.
Abhiman: Where's Nandini?
All of them looked at him and then turned their gaze towards Abhiman who was looking restlessly towards the staircase.
Abhiman: She must be coming.
He answered curtly because he was restless to see her but madam was taking so long. They heard the honk of their car indicating that their parents have finally brought their Biji home. They all ran towards the main door, followed by Fab5 who were rather disinterested. Rudra opened the door even before the bell could be rung and there she stood. The reason of everyone's happiness, their guide, their mentor, their Biji.
Rudra immediately bent down to take her blessings and hugged her tightly, followed by Abhiman and Ana, who hugged her rather too tight, and then Ahana who literally jumped on her Badi dadi and then hugged her tight kissing her cheeks just like an excited child would, which made their grandmother laugh. Navya came forward and did the same.
They all took Gayatri inside and made her sit. Meanwhile, Sakshi herself brought water for her and gave it to her and Arman who smiled at her gratefully. Biji drank the whole of it and kept it on the table.
Biji: Tujhse kitni Baar kaha hai puttar inna kaam Matt kiya kar, par tu meri sunti Kahan hai.
She said to Sakshi, worried about her daughter in law which made her smile.
Sakshi: Maa saal mei sirf ek baar aati ho aap aur usmei bhi mujhe aapke liye kuch karne se mana karti ho. Aise kaise chalega hmm?
Biji smiled and caressed her hair. They both shared the same fondness that Nandini and Sakshi did. In fact sakshi considered Biji as her role model. She wanted to be a mother for Nandini just like her Biji.
Biji: Arey Nandini puttar kitthe hai? Dikhayi nahi de rahi.
Just as she asked this question, they heard sounds of anklets. They all looked back and found Nandini descending down the stairs, just like a newly wedded bride. She looked perfect. Red saree. Her wedding chooda. Her nuptial chain hanging down from her neck. Her fingers adorned with nothing but her engagement ring if that's what you'd like to consider. Her jhumkis dangling in her ears. Her light and subtle makeup with just red lips along with kohled and lined eyes.
She just looked breathtakingly enchanting. A pure angelic beauty. Abhiman gasped looking at his beautiful wife. He couldn't believe how he got so lucky enough to get such a pure beauty in his life, just his to cherish, his to love, his to please. And her vermilion, shining prominently today.
While Manik, well he was bowled. He always knew that she was beautiful but today she looked out of the world. The only difference being that she wasn't dressed as his bride.
Nandini smilingly approached Biji who was looking at her with moistened eyes and bent down to take her blessings. Biji immediately made her stand by her shoulders and hugged her tightly.
Biji: Tujhe yaad tha?
She asked breaking the hug which made Nandini smile.
Nandini: Aap se judi baat mai kaise bhool sakti hoon?
Biji smiled and buzzed her forehead. Nandini made her sit and knelt down in front of her feet. Biji gestured Abhiman to sit beside Nandini who immediately complied.
Biji: Tujhe pata hai Nandini Maine tujhse kyu Kaha ki jab Mai dubara wapas aaoon toh tu mujhe ek nayi naveli dulhan ki tarah mile?
Nandini shook her head in denial with confusion written all over her face while the rest of them watch them, surprisingly Fab5 too.
Biji: Kyuki mujhe pata tha ki jab mai wapas aaoongi tab tak tum log ek dusre ko apna chuke hoge. Ek dusre ko jaan chuke hoge. Aur iss baat ko samajh chuke hoge ki tumhara yeh rishta chahe jaise juda ho par yeh waheguru ji ki marzi thi. Tum dono ek dusre ke liye bane ho.
She caressed both of their heads while saying this which made them both go into a state of deep thought. They both were finally at peace thinking that now they have decided to finally mend their broken ties. Biji kept her hand on their heads.
Biji: Then gestured towards Ahana aur ab to logo ko hsmesha Jodne k liye ye Payari se kari b hai. Waheguru tum teeno ko har buri Nazar se bachayen.
They both smiled at her. She took their hands and kept Nandini's palm on Advik's and Ahana hands and hers on top of their entwined ones.
Biji: Aise hee ek dusre ko pyaar karte raho aur humesha ek dusre ka saath dete raho.
They both looked at each other and got lost in each other's eyes as if their eyes were communicating silently, as if they were conversing their own stories to each other. The others smiled looking at them while the happiest one was Biji who wanted nothing but just her children's happiness. While Manik, at that moment, realized that he has lost his most priced person to someone else. He lost someone who loved him truly. The game of fate made him lose his everything.
"Do you know him?" He asked.
As million memories played in front of her eyes, she smiled and shook her head, "No."