Chapter 9: HOME

The scene shows Erza back with Natsu, Gray, Lucy, and Happy back at the resort. Oswald was asleep on one of the beds and has bandages wrapped around him. He and Erza managed to escape the tower, and thankfully since most of the mana from it was already depleted, the explosion wasn't super big so they made it back okay.

Gray: You think he's gonna be okay?

Lucy: I can't believe he's been knocked out for three whole days.

Natsu: I dunno, I think this is normal for him.

Gray: Yeah, well, that's what the little guy gets for eating all that ether-nano.

Oswald then wakes up mad.

Oswald: Call me little again and I'll kill you!

Happy: You're alright!

Not two seconds after that, Oswald passes out.

Gray: (annoyed) That brat woke up just to pick a fight with me?!

Lucy laughs at the sight.

Erza: I know I've already said this, but I'm sorry for causing such trouble,

Lucy: Aw. You don't have to keep apologizing to us.

Erza: (to Gray) Where's your friend? I wanted to thank her.

Gray: You talkin' about Juvia? She left a while ago. She wanted to go to Fairy Tail and talk to gramps about signing up with the guild.

Erza: I see.

*TIMESKIP*

Oswald soon wakes up and was informed about everything that happened. Erza believes that Jellal might've been the one who drained the rest of the mana when the tower was exploding. They didn't know for sure, but there was a chance he might've come back to save them after the insane punch he received from Oswald.

A little later, Erza had offered her friends to join in Fairy Tail, but they declined. Not because they didn't appreciate the offer, but they wanted to go out and explore the world on their own, as well as still feeling guilty on what happened. However, despite everything that happened, Erza holds no animosity towards them, and wishes them well as well as promising to see them again one day.

As they watch them leave, Oswald offers support for Erza.

Oswald: I'm sorry we couldn't save all of them.

Erza: It's alright. What matters are the ones we did save. I have no doubt we'll see Sho, Wally, and Millianna again. C'mon, it's time for bed, and we gotta leave early tomorrow.

Lucy: Oh yeah, the new guildhall should be done. I wonder what it looks like?

*NEXT MORNING*

When they arrived back to the guildhall, it had gone through a whole makeover as it now looked more like a castle with bigger space.