Chapter 11: RAGE AGAINST THE GUILD

The scene resumes back at the guild, and things weren't going good. Everyone in the guild was fighting each other, and even getting the town involved, as well.

Makarov: Foolish children. What do they think they're doing?

Happy: They really don't have any choice but to fight each other. Those enchantments are hidden all over town so they're impossible to avoid. It's just like Laxus said—this is the battle of Fairy Tail.

Natsu: But why? It doesn't make sense! (Grunts)

Happy: Natsu...

Natsu: (pushes against the invisible wall) I wanna fight too!

Makarov and Happy: Is that all?!

Natsu: Oh man, you suck! Go away, invisible wall!

He stops pushing on the wall and Makarov chops him on the head.

Makarov: Why do you wanna fight your friends?!

Natsu: 'Cause it's a tournament to see who's the strongest!

Makarov: This is not a tournament! It's nothing but a trap. Laxus is playing you like a bunch of pawns. If we can't beat the Thunder Legion in time, the girls are going to be smashed to pieces. I know that everyone's trying to keep that from happening. But they're going about it in the wrong way. If we keep fighting amongst ourselves then the girls are as good as finished. We can't let Laxus win.

Natsu: C'mon, gramps, you don't seriously think he'd hurt em, do you? I know he can be a real pain sometimes, but he's still one of us. This is obviously a bluff.

Makarov: You think so?

Natsu: (goes back to the wall) There's a fighting festival going on out there! Why do I gotta be stuck in this dump?

Happy: Beats me. I can still leave the guild just fine.

Natsu: Does this mean I'm over 80 and no one ever told me? 'Cause I'd know if I was a stone statue, right?

Happy: And here I thought we knew each other.

Oswald wasn't sure as he goes in and starts punching the wall. As he does, they saw the results keep coming and over half the guild already took out each other.

Oswald: Come on! I gotta get free and stop him!

Natsu: Calm down, buddy. Like I said, Laxus is just bluffing. The girls are gonna be fine.

Oswald then turns around as he looks mad.

Oswald: How do you know that?! What if he's not lying and that they'll die if we don't win?! Laxus hates us, he always has! He even broke his promise to me! The year I get to join in the parade and he does this instead! If he really does care about the guild, then why is he putting our lives on the line?! More importantly, what does he have to gain by putting the town in danger, too?!

Everyone's surprised by his outburst. They knew Oswald was worried about his family, but didn't expect him to be this worked up.

???: Yeesh, would you relax? I can hear you screaming from the other side of town.

They look back and saw a projection of Laxus here.

Oswald: Laxus! (About to attack)

Laxus: I'm not really here, kid. This is a projection. Now then, why are you and Natsu just hanging around this dump? Are you scared?

Natsu: We're not scared, we're stuck!

Oswald: Freed's stupid spell's broken or something!

Laxus: How about that, he finally made one that can keep you in place.