Chapter 3

Dana's POV

I smiled as Louis wrapped his warm arms around me. I was so happy, I didn't care what happened right now. It couldn't get better than this. Louis fell asleep. He talked in his sleep, so I liked to lay awake and listen to him. Our new room was comfortable, but it still felt weird. So I cuddled closer as he began his random talking. I smiled because he kept saying my name. Then I stopped. He did not say what I thought he said. Oh no. He said it again. Three words I'd never thought I'd hear. "Kiss me, Dana." I panicked. No, no, no. It was a dream. Just a dream. He seemed sort of awake though. Then he opened his eyes. "Oh fu-" But I quickly escaped his grasp and ran outside.

Louis's POV

*Dream*

Dana laughed, a wonderful laugh, and I felt lucky. Lucky she was mine. But she wasn't mine. She would leave me. Fall for someone else. She saw me as a brother, a partner in music. But I needed to try. "Kiss me Dana," I said. "What?" She was smiling. "Kiss me Dana," I repeated.

*Dream Over*

I opened my eyes and met Dana's. They were wide and shocked. I said it out loud... "Fu-" Suddenly Dana pushed me away and ran. What happened? That was a dream. Why was she so upset. I knew I had to lie. And tell her she was just my sister. Even though I didn't want just that. But I sorta did. I mean, I wanted our friendship to stay solid. I wanted us to become famous, together, and I couldn't let some crush ruin our dreams or our friendship. I put on shorts and walked outside. Dana was leaning against our tree. I walked over to her. "I'm sorry," we said at the same time. "Why are you sorry?" I asked. "It was a dream! You didn't mean it, right? So, no biggie," she said. "Why are you sorry?" she added. "Well, I shouldn't have dreams like that. It's hard to... control myself." "What do you mean?" She looked confused. I pulled her across the grass with me. I twirled her and we began dancing, her stumbling a bit. Soon I was singing, and she didn't hesitate to join me.

Well you done done me and you bet I felt it I tried to be chill but you're so hot that I melted I fell right through the cracks, now I'm trying to get back

Before the cool done run out I'll be giving it my bestest And nothing's going to stop me but divine intervention I reckon it's again my turn to win some or learn some

But I won't hesitate no more, no more It cannot wait, I'm yours

Well open up your mind and see like me Open up your plans and damn you're free Look into your heart and you'll find love love love love

Listen to the music of the moment people, dance and sing We're just one big family And it's our God-forsaken right to be loved loved loved loved loved

So I won't hesitate no more, no more It cannot wait, I'm sure There's no need to complicate, our time is short This is our fate, I'm yours

D-d-do do you, but do you, d-d-do But do you want to come on Scooch on over closer dear And I will nibble your ear

I've been spending way too long checking my tongue in the mirror And bending over backwards just to try to see it clearer But my breath fogged up the glass And so I drew a new face and I laughed

I guess what I be saying is there ain't no better reason To rid yourself of vanities and just go with the seasons It's what we aim to do, our name is our virtue

But I won't hesitate no more, no more It cannot wait, I'm yours

Come on and open up your mind and see like me (I won't hesitate) Open up your plans and damn you're free (No more, no more) Look into your heart and you'll find that the sky is yours (It cannot wait, I'm sure)

So please don't, there's no need (There's no need to complicate) There's no need to complicate (Our time is short) 'Cause our time is short (This is our fate) This is, this is, this is our fate I'm yours

Oh, I'm yours Oh, I'm yours Oh, whoa, baby you believe I'm yours You best believe, best believe I'm yours

"I would never harm our friendship. Not even for love. Or craving. I promise. I'm your bother, I understand." I felt tears, but I didn't let them fall. But hers did. She smiled a watery smile. "Louis if-" "Stop. I'm not going to make a move on you. Let's do the X-Factor thing. Let's put this aside. That time we kissed right there on that tree? Let's forget it. Any love-based connection, just forget it." She cried harder. "I'll never, no matter what you say- don't say anything- I'll never forget anything. Especially that kiss. It was the best thing that's happened to me. Besides meeting you, which let to where we are now. Don't make me forget." She sounded annoyed and angry, but happy at the same time. I pressed my forehead to hers. "We'll go on X-Factor," she agreed. "I love you, Dana." "I love you Lou Bear."

Awwwwe. I cried writing this :( ~Mrs. Styles