Chapter 2

*Flashback*

"Come back! You know you wanna kiss me!" Louis teased, chasing after me. "Louis!" I screamed as he pinned me against a tree. The big oak tree in front of the lake. Our tree. "Kiss me," he said, inches from my face. "It would be simple. We'd be each other's first kisses." He smiled. "Yah, but it's sad I'm getting my first kiss at 15. It's so old. I should've gotten one before," I complained. "I'm 16," he reminded me, flipping his light brown hair, his blue eyes glittering. I loved his eyes so much. He grabbed my hands and pinned them above my head. And he leaned in. And we kissed. It was amazing. But it never ruined our friendship. We just knew that we belonged together, best friends or a couple. And at such young age, we decided not to call it love. Not just yet.

*Flashback over*

Dana's POV

All I did that night was think of Lou's soft lips. Yet, Louis was my best friend. I loved him, but as a brother. I had always thought of him as a brother. I would get married to someone, and Louis would be there to threaten who I marry. He would be the uncle of my kids. And no matter who I fell in love with, he would always have the key to my heart.

Louis's POV

Smack! I threw another rock at Dana's window. Finally, she opened it. I climbed up the huge tree next to her room and slid in through the window. "Hey, love," I mumbled, kissing her forehead and wrapping her in my arms. She pulled my over to her bed and we laid down together. She slowly fell asleep until I woke her up again. "I have a surprise. Come on," I whispered. "Lou Bear... not now. It's so early. Or late. Or whatever." "Dana, please," I begged. She finally got up. I pulled her outside into my car. She fell back asleep. When we got there, I smiled to myself. "Wake up," I said, shaking her gently. She opened her eyes. We got out the car and as soon as she saw my surprise, she was wide awake. "Louis... that's not... is that?" She stumbled through her words. "Yes, Dana. That's our new house," I said. It was a flat. A huge, white one. It's walls were windows, and it was cozy and sweet, yet stylish. Like both Dana, and myself. We had always dreamed of something like this. But when I turned Dana to look off in the distance, she bust into tears. Even though it was far away, a good thirty or forty yards away, there was the lake. And the tree. The tree we sat under and wrote songs. The tree we sang along with the birds. The tree where I had stolen her first kiss, as she had mine. I smiled as she entwined our fingers and gripped my hand. "Thank you," she whispered. I took her inside and showed her around the house. It had a big living area and a cute kitchen. There were four bedrooms, three bathrooms. I wouldn't tell her why it was so big, but I would in the future. I would tell her everything. But not now. I led her into the master bedroom. The walls in it were white but our names were painted all around the room. Hers in purple, mine in red. There was a walk in closet, and it was huge. Dana and I were both pretty stylish. We had tons of clothes, and that's just separately. The bed was made up of red and purple pillows, but the blankets were white. There was a little desk in the corner with a purple lava lamp and my MAC laptop on it. Finally, because we were songwriters, a put a little bookshelf that laid flat on the ground in the other corner of the room. I put a white rug and, of course, red and purple beanbags on top of the rug, next to the bookshelf. Our songbooks, which I kept because Dana misplaced things easily, were stacked on the shelf. "One more thing," I whispered, wrapping my arms around her. She was shaking from crying so much. I led her outback. There was a giant sunroom and what was in there made Dana sob into my arms. There were instruments all over the room. Flutes, clarinets, a drumset, a trumpet, around a dozen and a half guitars, and, my favorite part, and I knew it was Dana's also, a grand piano. "There's something about this," I said, pulling her over to the piano, "Remember when we met? And you were playing that piano at the REC Center. And we got mad when they put it in storage so they could put out a newer one two years ago? Well, I managed to get it back." I knew I had done right. Dana was hugging me. She was still crying and I pulled her chin up to look at me. "Don't cry," I whisper, brushing her tears off her cheeks. "I'm so-sorry. I'm just so... I never th-thought... I love you, Louis," she cried, squeezing me. "I love you, too," I said smiling. And it was true.

I hope you like. It's just a filler really. ~Mrs. Styles