Chapter 1

Dana's POV

"Wakey, wakey! No eggs and bakey! Why, you ask? Because I'm just too lazy!" I giggle and throw a pillow at Louis. "Leave me alone!" He smiled and jumped on my bed. "Get up!" he yelled. I sat up and pushed him playfully. "Owie!" he yelled, fake-crying. I laugh and smack him. The door busts open. Devin was on the other side of the door, eyes bright. "Why are you here so early, Devin?" I asked my life-long best friend. She wasn't supposed to be here to pick me and Louis up until later. I'm not sure why we're so close. We're two completely different people. She has shoulder-length white-blonde hair, bright blue eyes, and pale skin. She was tall and had long legs. She's outgoing, loud, and a dancer. I, on the other hand, had long, curly, dark brown hair and big caramel brown eyes. I had tan skin and I was short. I was shy and more of a singer and I loved all types of music. I wasn't coordinated enough to dance, I was clumsy. But unlike her, I played many different instruments. She couldn't play a shaker. And her singing was so off-key. But I loved her. "I'm here early be-cause I wanted to tell you guys that you have to sign up for... X-Factor!" "X-Factor? Serious-leh?" Louis squealed in a fake-girl voice. I laughed. "Dev, I wouldn't even pass the auditions!" I say, getting up and stomping into my closet. I came out my closet, bit my lip thoughtfully and held up two shirts. "The sparkly silver tank," Devin said at the same time as Louis screamed, "The blue and white striped T-shirt!" I knew he would pick it because it was his. I stepped back in the walk-in closet. "She always wears that shirt! And she's going to put your hoodie on over it so it doesn't matter," Devin said, hitting Louis on the head. "Don't hit my Boo Bear!" I yelled, poking my head out of the door. "Yah!" Louis agreed. I put on the T-shirt and skinny jeans. I slipped on Lou's old blue and yellow football hoodie and my lucky red ballet flats. Yes, they fit after 5 years. They were lucky because I was wearing them the day I met Lou, as you know. "Off to the REC Center!" Louis and I sang while Devin did a little dance. We worked at the REC Center now. Louis and I taught, you guessed it, a music class. Devin was a dance instructor. Louis and I sung songs when we got into his cherry red Mustang. I'm no good with cars, so don't ask for details. On our way there, I thought of Devin's X-Factor suggestion. Louis and I should talk about that later. It sounds kind of... interesting. We've been trying to become a world-known duo, but it was difficult. I guess what happens, happens.

~Mrs. Styles