Chapter 6

Louis's POV

Every night was the same at first. But now it was difficult. Dana and I practiced singing. We did out first performance for X-Factor and since then we've spent more time alone than together. Our mentors kept us with them and now it was time for a little bit of traveling. We were in a hotel now, somewhere in England. Dana, some guy named John and some girl named Cara, and me, myself, were the only ones left now. I was so upset that I've never been able to hang out with Dana. John and Cara were good, but I knew Dana and I were better. This week we were doing duets, so thankfully Dana and I were paired up. Now we were in a hotel room together every night, working on the song. The night of the performance, I wore a black jacket and over a red polo shirt. I also had dark jeans and Converse. When I saw Dana, my jaw dropped. She had a granny apple-smith green, floor length dress with two slits in the back. She was barefoot and her curly hair was piled on top of her hair. There was a light, natural blush in her cheeks and clear lip gloss. Other than that, she was make-up free. "It's a natural-thing. Simon says I look better natural, so Shara made it that was," she mumbled as I gaped at her. Shara, Dana's stylist, had done amazing. I took her hand as Cara and John finished their song. Dana and I stepped out together. Cheers erupted as the music started. And we sand together.

I was born in the arms of imaginary friends Free to roam, made a home out of everywhere I've been

Then you come on crashing in Like the realest thing Trying my best to understand All that your love can bring

Oh, half of my heart's got a grip on the situation Half of my heart takes time Half of my heart's got a right mind To tell you that I can't keep lovin' you, can't keep lovin' you Oh, with half of my heart

I was made to believe I'd never love somebody else Made a plan, stay the man who can only love himself

Lonely was the song I sang 'Til the day you came Showing me another way And all that my love can bring

Oh, half of my heart's got a grip on the situation Half of my heart takes time Half of my heart's got a right mind To tell you that I can't keep lovin' you, can't keep lovin' you Oh, with half of my heart, with half of my heart

Your faith is strong, but I can only fall short for so long Down the road, later on You will hate that I never gave more to you Than half of my heart

But I can't stop lovin' you, I can't stop lovin' you I can't stop lovin' you, I can't stop lovin' you, I can't stop lovin' you with half of my Half of my heart, oh half of my heart

Half of my heart's got a real good imagination Half of my heart's got you Half of my heart's got a right mind to tell you That half of my heart won't do

Half of my heart is a shot gun wedding To a bride with a paper ring And half of my heart is the part of a man Who's never truly loved anything

Half of my heart, oh half of my heart Half of my heart, oh half of my heart Half of my heart, oh half of my heart

People cheered as we finished Half of My Heart. Dana giggled as she hugged me. Simon and Demi were on their feet, clapping. Brittany was sitting down, but she was smiling and clapping politely. "Amazing!" Simon said. "You two are amazing together!" Demi agreed. Brittany folded her hands together. "You were perfect. Well, Louis was." Suddenly, there was silence. "Dana. That was terrible. You were off-key. I couldn't even hear you in some parts because you were shy and holding back." Dana blushed as Brittany continued. "I love you alone, but with Louis, it makes me want to send you home." Dana nodded as Brittany finished. I was beyond angry. Simon and Demi looked shocked. Dana backed up and finally bolted off the stage. I ran after her. She was crying in her dressing room. "Dana it's ohkay," I said, hugging her. "You were amazing." She frowned. "I was too quiet! I let you outshine me. More than you usually do!" she cried. She was shaking. "Dana, let's wait until tomorrow. The two finalists are announced tomorrow. She nodded.

Dana's POV

That night we slept in out hotel room. And the next day we spent worrying. When we arrived, late, we were escorted to our dressing rooms. We went onstage so that they announce the finalists. Brittany winked at Louis and I grabbed his hands and shot her a look. She rolled her eyes. "Ohkay. I'm actually announcing the finalists," Demi said, smiling. "Alright. Louis Tomlinson. You're safe." I screamed for Louis and hugged him tightly. Being first to go home... John Ingrahm. I'm sorry." John smiled a bit and Cara and I hugged him. "Now. The next finalist. Cara Rose." I broke down inside as Louis looked beyond upset. "Cara, you are eliminated. Dana Jones, you are the other finalist for X-Factor." Ohmygawd. Ohmygawd! I was speechless. Lou hugged me tightly and I started crying. I hugged Cara and thanked the judges. Then I realized what this meant. If me and Louis would've partnered up, we could've won. But now we were enemies. I looked at Louis, who seemed to have thought of the same thing. We were now fighting, not together, but against each other.

Yayerz! ~Mrs. Styles