Nora

The walk to his house is peaceful. We are both walking side by side in quietness. Not a type of quiet that you're itching to think of something to say so you can fill the space but a quiet where you're fine not talking. It continues till we get to his house.

When we get there, the driveway is lined with cars. It looks like there must be well over 15 people in the house and it feels a bit overwhelming. I turn towards him.

" Are you sure it's fine that I'm here?" I voice my worries to him.

" Why won't it be. This family is a people's family. The more the merrier they say." We reach the front door.

" Thanks for walking with me"

" It's nothing Os" he reaches into his pocket to get his house keys.

It might have been nothing for him but it was everything for me. Tilly and Micky always walked places with me but I could tell sometimes they just wanted to go in a car. And my family was a whole different thing. They knew why I wouldn't go in one but they still tried to make me. Tadgh didn't even know the reason and still walked with me.

He finally found his key and grabbed my hand, pulling me through the door. He yelled out that we we're home.

Joey walks into the landing. He smirks at us and then looks down at our intertwined fingers.

"Did you enjoy the walk birds?" he asks. Birds? Has he lost the plot or am I missing something?

I look up at Tadhg to see if he knows what Joey's on about but he just rolls his eyes at his brother and pulls us into what I think is the kitchen.

We stand there in the doorway. I observe what is going on and it's a lot. There seems to be a game of twisters going on but there are way too many people. Three girls and five guys. Most who look similar to Tadhg. I see Ollie, who's in my year and who I assume is AJ because he looks the youngest.

" What the hell, you're playing without me" Tadgh tone of voice sounds like it means a lot that they did this.

"You're the one who had to walk. I wasn't waiting for you" A blonde boy who looks to be the same age as joey talks before he promptly falls over causing everyone to start yelling at him.

Tadgh turns to me. "That fattie is gibs, he can be quite a lot"

Everyone notices he isn't talking to himself and turn to look at me. I smile at them, not sure what to do. Thankfully Tadhg starts talking for me.

" That's Shannon, my sister " Pointing at a tiny brown hair girl. " And that Johnny," he continues.

"Claire, gibs girlfriend and Aoifes, joeys"

" Ollie who you know and AJ, Joey's kid" Joey kid!? Shit they must have had him young for him to be five and them to still be so young.

" Everyone this Nora" he introduced me to them.

" Hi" Hi? What is wrong with me?

Shannon's speck up. " Are you going to be staying for dinner?" I nod my head.

Gibs jumps up. " Perfect timing because I can smell the pizza."

" Of course you can," Johnny mutters.

I figure they must be pretty close friends. In fact everyone looks like their friends. They all have that vibe that makes you want to join anything they're doing and smile and laugh when they do.

AJ runs into the kitchen pulling along Ollie. Tadgh leads me in, offering me a set next to him. The table is filled with all different types of pizza and they dig in.