the kang-yang treaty

"even if the branches dry up, i stretch my hand out even harder--

even if i run like crazy, i'm still in the same place."

'tuesday 26th september, 15:13'

'last period, psychology.'

JIHYE sits in her psychology class, though she's not entirely present. she hears miss park drone on about schizophrenia in teenagers, but it doesn't fully comprehend in her mind, as she's thinking about something else.

arin said she saw minjun go past the back of the school. it's true, her dad does work as a 'guard' - he caretakes the gates and permits people in per the commands of the school.

but he works at the front of the school.

so why would arin:

a) go to the back of the school

b) specifically notice minjun

c) and state it like it's nothing?

either she's completely innocent and jihye is pushing it for no reason, or she's extremely suspicious and jihye is right on spot. either way, as headstrong as she is, she refuses to leave it at what the police left it at.

something isn't right, and she's determined to find out what it is.

15:29pm

"right, you can pack away now. see you next week." miss park's voice drawls lowly, and, before she knows it, jihye's is already out the door.

jihye has no clue what going to minjun's locker can help with, but nonetheless, it feels right, despite her knowing morally it's very wrong.

she stands by the door of the boys' changing room, scrolling on her phone to appear non-chalant. she has no clue if that facade is working, but she's desperate.

and the second the cost is clear, she softly walks in, looking left and right frantically, paranoid. if she's seen here her whole reputation is damaged.

she searches for minjun's locker, and, the second she finds it, plays around with the lock. she has no idea what the password could possibly be, but it's worth a shot nonetheless.

but she feels a sudden thud to her left, a familiar face leaning against the locker adjacent to minjun's with a huge, incriminating smirk. "jihye?"

jihye sighs, turning to look at him. she's in a very compromising position, so it's best she's a little nicer. "yes, jungwon?" she hums, with an innocent smile.

"you're cooked. alone, in the boys changing rooms? scandalous."

she sighs, wincing. "come on, please! im just trying to figure out what happened to minjun!" she exclaims, in efforts to keep him from snitching. and it seems it works, as his smirk drops a little bit and he inches forward, frowning. "you're looking into it too?"