stop spreading those rumours around..

'i dream of you almost every night,hopefully i won't wake up this time

hopefully i won't wake up this time.'

'thursday 4th october, 9:02am.'

JUNGWON washes his hands at the counter, happy to start the day with baking.

jihye's not in today, it seems, as he's not seen her like, literally anywhere, but it doesn't faze him. its not like he'll die without her, and the investigation can wait. they haven't learnt much except that minjun was a mistake of a boyfriend, anyways.

he's also glad his partner is arin, because she's nice to talk to, and it isn't awkward for him to talk to her - mainly because of their years at student council, but also just because she's nice.

she stands in a bit of a trance, mindlessly washing their dishes in preparation, as jungwon rolls his sleeves up. he rubs his hands together in anticipation, and arin seems to notice his excitement.

she'd found out long ago.

'thursday 27th september, 4:05pm

'thursday 27th september, 4:05pm.'

arin stands outside yang bakery, waiting for her brother in law to pick her up. its rainy, and she's cold, so she steps into the shop momentarily.

jungwon's grandmother smiles at her warmly, offering her a seat. "ah, you must be jihye!"

arin's smile falters.
jihye.

its always jihye. the pretty jihye, who could've had any boy she wanted to, but chose jungwon. the jungwon she's always liked. how is that fair?

she holds back a scoff, smiling politely. "no sorry.. can I.. help?"

"oh, im sorry. you have the same uniform as my grandson, jungwon, and he's always with that girl. I've yet to meet her, though."

arin has to physically hold herself back from showing her surprise, as she speaks up warily. "oh.. jungwon? yes, we're classmates."

"yes? that's good. I'll tell him his classmate came over and tried some of his pastries, hmm?"

arin can only politely refuse, but she can also only ask. she's curious, and who would want to know more about their crush?

"his pastries? he can bake?"
"oh, yes. don't tell him I told you, though." she smiles warmly, eyes wrinkling.

arin snaps out of her daze, looking over at jungwon

arin snaps out of her daze, looking over at jungwon. she knows this is wrong, she knows that this is mean, but she can't help it.

she wants jihye to feel how it feels to be the second option.

"you like baking, right?" arin speaks up, smiling charmingly.

jungwon looks up from mixing the ingredients in the mixing bowl, freezing his movement. "sorry?"

"jihye said." arin hums nonchalantly, praying that her outright lying isn't too obvious. she's desperate. she's wanted jungwon for so, so long, and she finally has a chance. "why, was it a secret?" arin giggles softly, biting her lips nervously.

he chuckles breathlessly in response, eyebrows furrowing in both hurt and confusion. it hurts, because he started to really, well, like jihye, and it's confusing, because there's no need for her to take her hatred to this level.

he scoffs, a bitter taste of previous resentment slowly making its way back into his mouth. he's angry, he's upset, and he's hurt.

he's not sure why she's made him feel this way, but he's gonna make sure she feels it back.

NOTE
short ahh chapter im sorry guys x and I'm also sorry for ruining jihyes life xx I really want to eat a cloud idk why they look so dedlicious

everyone thank lyla frznaquamxrine for helping me cook this up bc I was having a full on breakdown on call and she kinda saved me xxx