forgive me, mother elle woods

'I could be the one you're looking for,

Taking it one, two step at a time,

Call me yours and I'll call you mine.'

'thursday 28th september, 15:32pm.'

JIHYE takes her sweet time from last period, sauntering over towards minji's locker. she knows her best friends' timetable off by heart, and she knows that the girls' last class is on the opposite end of the school. she has time.

but she can't help the lingering feeling of pure guilt. 

she has no idea how minji would react if she ever found out jihye's true intentions, but not only that, elle woods would be so disappointed in her.

"forgive me, mother elle woods." jihye mutters as she fiddles with the lock, putting minji's code in, which is, in fact, jihye's birthday. that makes her feel worse.

she rummages around in minji's locker, sighing in relief at the absence of anything incriminating. but her heart drops at the sight of an all too familiar basketball jersey.

number 52.

minjun's basketball jersey.

she stuffs it in her bag with a heavy heart, quietly walking to the main gate to meet up with jungwon. this feels so wrong, and yet, millions of questions flow through her mind at once, to the point that its dizzying. why would she keep his used jersey?

her stomach flutters in the bad way, and she can feel the disgustingly familiar taste of bile creep up, fearing the worst.

jungwon in the meanwhile stands awkwardly, looking around everywhere like a lost puppy. he clicks his phone on, checking the time.

'15:39pm.'

and that's when he sees jihye ambling towards him, holding onto her bag with a slightly shaky hand. he sighs in relief. he won't look all weird and lonely (when he kinda is) anymore. he smiles a little, taking her bag. its just a habit by now, and he doesn't think it'll ever stop.