(mis)communications

"I steal a few breaths from the world for a minute,And then I'll be nothing forever

And then I'll be nothing forever."

'saturday, november 12th, 13:02pm.'

JIHYE sits at the table, staring at the kimbap offered to her. "your mother and I will finalise the divorce after you finish your final year, okay? Ill try and get placement in korea, but it seems we might be going to new york, baby." her dad hums, patting his daughters shoulder warmly.

jihye smiles in response, prodding at her food with her chopsticks. her dad is trying his very best, and she couldn't ask for anymore.

but she wants to feel more.
graduating high-school in august never started actually hitting until she stopped talking to jungwon, and its been like that for just over a month now.

he has no idea that there's around 9 months left before she leaves, nor any idea whats been going on in her life, but jihye suspects it'll be this way from now on.

regardless, that doesn't mean jihye can't be a little upset by it - she'd grown to enjoy jungwons company, and discovered his best qualities rather then dwell on his worse.

but he has never thought, nor felt the same, and she's gonna have to learn how to deal with that.

she hears her phone ping, turning to look at her messages.

gf (confirmed)

bae
i'm so sorry

...for what
this is extremely ominous
😰😰

i didnt say because ik u have loads going on rn and i didnt wanna make it worse for u
but i think ik why jubgwons mad
actually i don't think
ik
pls don't be mad

how can j be mad at the wife of my kids !!!
jokes aside
ty for worrying about me wony, im not mad dw
the opposite actually
you did the right thing, if you told me any earlier I would've stressed and dwelled on it and it would've made me worse
whys he mad?

arin said you told her he baked and he seemed real pissed
what happened to real men
bros getting angry over cupcakes and cookies

LMFAOOO 😭😭
i dont talk to arin she doesnt like me
idk why
but I simply just let her be
idk why she'd lie like that

i think she likes jungwon

oh?
seriously???
thats crazy
WAIT
THAT EXPLAINS WHY SHE WAS PISSED EVERYTIME I WAS WITH HIM???
HELLO??

jihye
its taken you over a month to realise that ml.
well tbf irs my fault

shut up none of this is ur fault
let's kiss

On my way!

jihye puts her phone down with a sigh, staring at the wall in deep thought.

there's no point of talking things with him, and, she's not even that angry anymore. his words just stung a little.

she moves towards her room, ignoring her mom's distant figure by the staircase, flopping in her desk chair before taking out her notebooks.

the best revenge is to forget them. to forget how they hurt you, and to level up in life.

but she's finding forgetting jungwon a little harder then expected.

jungwon's in a dilemma.

he thought he was taking a stand for himself against jihye, that he was putting himself first for once, using his voice to speak out against how dirty she did him.

he's not quite sure about that anymore.

its been just over a month and he's still dwelling over it all, and the guilt is gnawing at him. he can vividly remember the way her face contorted into one of both confusion and hurt, a pang of doubt arousing within him.

not only that, working on minjun's disappearance has been a lot harder then he thought.

he thought he could do it all without her, that he was smart enough to do it himself. but there was something he lacked that jihye had, and he's not sure what it is.

all he does is state at those messages, messages between haruto and minjun, and he stares at them aimlessly. he's not sure what to do anymore, especially without jihye in his life.

her absence knawed at him inside, his arms missing the weight from her bag he used to carry, and his ears missing the soft hums of her voice.

he takes a break from rolling the cinnamon rolls he's working on with his grandma, turning to ask her, to put an end to his dilemma. or to at least attempt.

"halmeoni?"
"yes?"
"have you ever met someone else from school? apart from gyuvin and, uhm, jihye..?"

she takes a break, humming in thought. "well, before I met jihye, I did meet another girl. she was a little taller then jihye, and she had straight hair, whereas jihyes had that beautiful volume i would've killed for back in the days. i haven't seen her in awhile. how's she doing? still a sweet tooth?"

jungwon's stomach aches with guilt as he puts the knife he was using to cut the cinnamon rolls down, furrowing his eyebrows.

he fucked up, and he believed arins lies over the girl he was growing to become fond of. the girl that ruthlessly insulted him, the girl that worked along side him since the start of high school, and the girl he was supposed to finish high school with.

he whips his phone out, opening gyuvins contact in a rush of guilt, and the want to make things up to her.

gyuvin ⭐

gyuvin

yes

when are you next going out with minji
and can i come

what
this is suspicious
are you dying??

no
i need an excuse to talk to jihye
i fucked up

??? okay damn
im extremely confused
update me later
asking her rn 😝😝

you're a real one 💯💯