dude, what the flip?

'you may be on my mind,

everyday baby, say you're mine.'

'wednesday, 3rd october, 6:17am.'

JUNGWON'S eyes shoot open at the sound of soft snores. he turns to stare as she sleeps opposite him, seemingly placid.

her hair is sprawled out on his pillow, some pieces lazily spread out over the perimeters of her pretty face. her pyjamas are all crinkled from sleep, and there's black smudge under her eyes, most likely being forgotten-makeup. her legs are stretched out, which is probably the aftermath of her tossing and turning last night, and maeum perches her head on jihye's arm, clearly loving her company.

she looks comfortable, and something about the domesticity of it all is really unsettling him.

he roughly nudges her arm in an effort to wake her up, and she groans, annoyingly pulling the blanket off him and hugging it, keeping it all to himself.

his blanket.

he scoffs, snatching it off her, the pure force of it physically turning her around to face him.

she glares. "dude, what the flip?"

he raises an eyebrow incredulously. "you did not just say that."

"well, i did." she flicks her hair annoyingly in his face, sitting on the edge of his bed.

she rubs her eyes with the backs of her hands, groaning at the sight of charcoal-black mascara tainted over them. she turns to him, and he smirks.

so annoying.

she hits him with the pillow she was sleeping on, clenching her school-bag tighter as if it were the next make shift weapon she'd use. its safe to say that all that taekwondo has been paying off for her, because her grip is clearly iron strong.

its a little scary.

he creeps his way downstairs, rummaging through the fridge for any bakery leftovers, hyper aware of his grandma's sleeping form in the room adjacent. he locates the macarons, remembering how much she seemed to enjoy them last time, putting them on a little pink plate, before softly making his way to his bedroom.

she's sat, face freshly washed, uniform annoyingly-crinkled, rummaging through her bag frantically, as maeum perches herself in jihye's lap contently.

"someone's comfortable." he chuckles, softening at the sight of his dog. jihye looks up at him, then back at maeum, biting back a smile. "oh, yeah. we're friends now."

"yeah?" he chuckles in amusement.

"yeah."

"here. breakfast."