Episode 4: Alexander (Unexpected visitor)

ELARA THORNFIELD! What the actual fuck is my ex-fiance doing here in my fucking office. Fuck that how did she know where my business is? Elara comes all the way in the office. My brothers and I just look at each other with the same shocking look on our face. What the fuck ? It's the only thing that I can say right now.

"Elara, what the fuck are you doing here?" I ask her. Elara is standing at the door looking like a dumb deer right now. I remember the night I broke off our engagement, I told her I never want to see her ever again, and I met that shit.

She takes a deep breath, and then she speaks. "Alex I need to speak with you privately, please." Elara says, looking like she has a lot of thoughts going through her head.

My brothers are still looking at me in shock, but then Holden speaks up. "Umm, yeah Alex we will get out of your hair. I'll call you later or see you at home." Holden suggest.

"Yeah, I see you got your hands full right now, we will catch you later at home." Nicholas says. Standing up just like Holden and follows him to the door.

"Sure I will see you all at home." I shout at them. Holden and Nicholas takes one last look at Elara then leaves.

My brothers stare at Elara, I can see the confusion in their eyes. I stand up and walk over to them, closing and locking the door behind me. Then, I turn to face my ex-fiancee Elara Thornfield: the only woman who has ever broken my heart and left me a mere shadow of myself when she cheated on me. 

Every time I see her face, I am reminded of the pain she caused me. The split with Kaikora was at least mutual. While I'm feeling pain from the breakup, I know Kaikora is experiencing the same level of hurt as I am.

I walk over to my desk and take a seat, I gesture for Elara to take a seat. Elara sits in one of the chairs in front of my desk. I lean back in chair, and I stare at Elara, she looks like she is scared to death.

"Now that you've taken a seat, Elara, explain to me why on earth you've come all the way out here," I demand furiously.

"We haven't talked in a decade, Elara. When I ended our engagement, I made it clear that I never wanted to see you again. I was very explicit about my desire to avoid your presence for good. Elara, please tell me what it is that you want. You came here as if you wanted to reconcile with me."

Elara paused to gather her thoughts, then she mustered the courage to speak. "Alex, I understand if you never want to see me again. I don't blame you," Elara's voice trembled as she started to stutter. "I... I, I still love you Alex." Elara blurts out.

I narrow my eyes at her, not quite believing what I just heard. "Excuse me? You have the nerve to say that you still love me?! How can you even say that after what you did to me?! Elara, I trusted you with my heart and soul and this is how you repay me?Did you really have to sleep with my best man at our own engagement party? After all these years, you finally decide to tell me that you're still in love with me. What the hell do you want from me now?" My voice was filled with anger and frustration as I yelled at her.

"Alex, I know I said I came here to confess my love for you, but that's not the only reason. We have a son together; he's 10 years old now. I understand if you hate me for keeping this from you."

Elara's revelation hit me like a ton of bricks. I couldn't believe my ears. A son? She had kept my own son from me for 10 years. Rage, hurt, and shock coursed through my veins at the news. I stood up so fast that my chair tipped over, crashing onto the floor. I glared at her intently, my fists clenched tightly at my sides.

"You... you kept my son from me for a decade? How could you do that to your own child? To me?!" I seethed through gritted teeth. "Are you out of your mind, Elara? What kind of sick person does something like that? Hold on a second, is the child even mine, or is he Henry's, my supposed best friend? You foolish woman. Look at me! Tell me the truth. Is your son mine or Henry's?" I was seething with anger, so much that I wanted to snap her neck in two.

Elara started to cry uncontrollably, her posture slumping forward in defeat. "I-I know I was wrong, Alex. I made a huge mistake when I slept with Henry, but our son is yours. Henry and I had been having an affair for over a year, but we always used protection. The night we got engaged was when I found out I was pregnant." She managed to choke out the confession through her tears.

I towered over her, my fists shaking with rage. "You slept with my 'best friend' for a year? And you expect me to believe the child is mine after that confession? No, Elara, I don't buy it for a second. Get out of my life and never come back." I spat, nauseated by her lies and betrayal. "As far as I'm concerned, you're dead to me, Elara. And if you stay for one more second, I can't guarantee what I'll do next."

Elara stormed out of the room, not looking back. I sat back down at my desk and buried my head in my hands. I hated this fucking shit. After a decade of no contact, my former fiancée has reached out to inform me that I have a 10-year-old son. If paternity is confirmed, I intend to fulfill my parental obligations. I needed to clear my head, to process this and figure out what to do next.

I decided to head down to the company gym. A few rounds of boxing usually cleared my head. Maybe this time, it might actually help me come to terms with the fact that I may be a father. As I stepped into the gym, I couldn't shake the feeling that my life was about to change forever. Just as I wrapped my hands and stepped into the ring, my phone buzzed. A text message from Holden flashed on the screen:

Big Brother: "CALL ME. IT'S URGENT!"

Dear Reader,

Alexander's world is turned upside down when his ex-fiance, Elara, reappears after 10 long years. She betrayed him with his best friend, Henry, a decade ago, but now she claims her 10-year-old child is Alexander's. Could he really be a father? And why did Elara wait so long to reveal this? As if that weren't enough, Alexander receives an urgent text from his brother, Holden. What could be so pressing?

So many twists and turns are unfolding in this story, and it's just the beginning. Dive into the drama and discover more in "Alexander Sterling."

Happy reading!

Pagine D'Oro