Episode 12: Our feelings

Dayo

It's been a few days since I last spoke to Victor. He hasn't reached out to me, and whenever I see him in the office, he makes it clear that he doesn't want to be disturbed. But this morning, I arrived early specifically to catch him as soon as he walked into his office. No one else is here yet; even his personal assistant doesn't arrive until 8am. I sit on the sofa in his office, tucked away in the corner with the lights off, waiting patiently.

I made sure to look irresistible today, wearing a Plaid Pattern Double Breasted black Short Blazer & Skirt Set Two Piece set and my black heels. I let my locks hang down in loosely. As I wait, I take a moment to touch up my makeup - not too much, just enough to enhance my chestnut skin - and finish off the look with a swipe of mocha lipstick and a spritz of CHANEL 5 perfume.

After about five minutes, Victor finally walks into his office. He turns on the lights and sees me sitting on the couch with my legs crossed. He stands there for a moment, staring at me like I'm a piece of candy.

"Dayo, what the hell are you doing in my office so early? And why are you dressed like that? Do you have a boyfriend?" He barks at me as he makes his way towards his desk, setting down his briefcase and perching on the edge of his desk facing me.

As Victor's eyes bore into me, I maintain my composure and respond with a coy smile, "Good morning, Victor. I wanted to catch you before the hectic workday starts. And as for my outfit, I just wanted to look professional and put together for our meeting today."

Victor furrows his brow, clearly unimpressed, "Our meeting? I don't recall scheduling anything with you."

I tilt my head slightly and lean back on the couch, crossing my legs more elegantly, "Oh, it must have slipped your mind. I thought we could discuss the new project proposal I've been working on. It's quite impressive, if I do say so myself."

He lets out a skeptical chuckle, "And how exactly did you get access to that project? That's strictly confidential information."

I raise an eyebrow, maintaining eye contact with him, "Let's just say I have a knack for uncovering opportunities when others overlook them. Trust me, Victor, this proposal will benefit the company greatly."

Victor studies me for a moment before letting out a sigh, "Fine, let's hear what you have to say. But next time, please schedule a meeting through the proper channels. And maybe tone down the outfit a bit; we're in a professional setting here."

I nod gracefully and stand up, smoothing down the fabric of my blazer as I walk towards his desk, ready to present my ideas. The tension in the room eases slightly as we delve into discussion about the project, both of us sharing insights and working towards a common goal.

As the morning progresses and our meeting comes to an end, Victor looks at me with newfound respect in his eyes, "You know what, Dayo? I underestimated you. This proposal is brilliant. Let's implement your ideas right away."

I smile confidently, grateful for the opportunity to showcase my skills and prove my worth in the workplace. The power dynamics may have shifted in that early morning encounter, but it was all part of the game – a game I was more than ready to play. I stand in front of him, my eyes looking straight into his.

"Victor, why have you been avoiding me? It's been a week since we last talked. What's happening between us? Do you still love me or was it all just a ploy to get me into bed? I need some answers." I confronted him, determined to uncover the truth.

Victor's expression shifts from surprise to discomfort as he processes my words. He clears his throat and averts his gaze for a moment before meeting my eyes again, his voice tinged with a hint of regret, "Dayo, I... I never meant to give you the wrong impression. Our relationship was always... complicated. You know that."