Friends to Forever (Kim Chaehyun)

It was a warm afternoon when you and Chaehyun met up at your usual spot—a quiet park with a small pond and a couple of old swings. The two of you had been best friends since you could remember, sharing everything from childhood secrets to your favourite snacks. Today felt just like any other day, yet there was something in the air that made your heart race a little faster.

Chaehyun playfully nudged you with her elbow as you both walked towards the swings. "Race you to the swings?" she challenged, her eyes sparkling with mischief.

You laughed, knowing well that you would beat her now compared to when you two were still kids. Obviously, you would still let her win, so that you'd see the cutest smile in the world. 

"You're on!" you replied, but as soon as you started running, she was already ahead, her giggles filling the air.

By the time you reached the swings, she was already sitting on one, swinging back and forth with a triumphant grin. 

"I win again! You're getting slow, Y/N-nie," she teased, sticking her tongue out at you.

You rolled your eyes playfully, pretending to be out of breath as you plopped down on the swing next to her. "Or maybe you're just too fast for me, Chaehyun-ah. Seriously, what's your secret?"

She leaned closer, as if she were about to reveal the world's biggest mystery. "It's all in my small bag," she whispered, her expression deadly serious. 

"The one full of snacks?" you raised your brows.

"Gotta keep that energy up."

You burst out laughing, shaking your head at her silliness. "So that's why you always have a stash of snacks in your bag, huh? I should've known."

She grinned proudly. "Gotta be prepared!"

As the laughter died down, you both found yourselves gently swinging back and forth, the sound of the creaking chains and the rustling leaves surrounding you. The sun was starting to dip lower in the sky, casting a warm, golden light over everything.

You glanced over at Chaehyun, who was staring up at the sky, a soft smile on her lips. The sight made your heart swell with a feeling you couldn't quite put into words. You had always adored her, but lately, those feelings had started to change into something more. Something you weren't sure she felt too.

"Chaehyun-ah," you said, your voice softer than usual. She turned to look at you, tilting her head slightly, an adorable habit she had when she was curious.

"Yeah?"

You hesitated, your heart pounding in your chest. "Do you ever think about... you know, what it would be like if we were more than just best friends?"

Her eyes widened in surprise, and for a moment, you worried that you had said too much. But then she blinked, her cheeks turning a soft shade of pink. 

"Um... maybe a little," she admitted shyly, her fingers nervously twisting the chain of the swing.

"But I thought... you might not feel the same."

Your heart did a little flip at her confession. You leaned in closer, a smile tugging at the corners of your lips. "I think I've been falling for you, Chaehyun-ah," you said, your voice full of warmth. 

"For a while now."

Her eyes met yours, wide and shimmering with surprise and something else—something that made you feel lighter than air. "Really?" she whispered, her voice almost too soft to hear.

"Really," you replied, feeling a rush of boldness. 

"And I know it might sound cheesy, but I don't want to imagine my life without you in it. Not just as my best friend, but as something more."

Chaehyun's smile grew wider, and she let out a little giggle that made your heart melt. 

"You're so cheesy, Y/N," she teased, but there was no hiding the happiness in her voice. 

"But... I think I like it."

Before you could say anything else, she suddenly stood up from her swing, tugging on your hand to make you stand up too. 

"Come on, I want to try something," she said, her eyes sparkling with excitement.

You let her pull you to your feet, curious about what she had in mind. 

"What are we doing?" you replied, still puzzled.

She didn't answer right away, instead, she took a step closer, standing on her tiptoes to plant a soft, quick kiss on your cheek. Your breath caught in your throat, and when you looked at her, she was grinning up at you, her face flushed with a mix of shyness and joy.

"There," she said, her voice a little breathless. 

"Now we're even."

You blinked, trying to process what had just happened, as your lips curled into a small smile.

"Even?"

Chaehyun giggled, squeezing your hand. 

"Yeah, because you stole my heart first, so I had to give you something in return."

Your heart soared at her words, and you couldn't help but laugh, feeling a wave of happiness wash over you. 

"Chaehyun-ah, that's not how it works!"

She shrugged, still holding your hand tightly. 

"It does now." she cutely stated.

You couldn't argue with that logic, and honestly, you didn't want to. All you knew was that this moment, standing here with Chaehyun, felt perfect—like it was always meant to be.

As the sun continued to set, casting a warm glow around you, you pulled her into a gentle hug, feeling her relax in your arms. 

"You're amazing, you know that?" you whispered, your heart swelling with affection.

She snuggled closer, her voice muffled against your chest. 

"You're not so bad yourself."