Chapter 40: Lifetime With My Love

Jema POV

Napahagulgol na ako ng mabasa ko ang last line sa video. Tinabi na ni Ella yung laptop, sabay labas ng singsing sa bulsa niya.

"Be my wife?" she said as she raised the ring to me.

I grabbed her face and kissed her deep for 2 seconds and pulled away. "Yes my love, of course"

Ella had the warmest smile in her as she wore the ring on me and kissed me.

"I love you Jessica Margarett"

"I love you Jorella Marie"

After we gained our composure and nakapagbihis, we called my family and they cheered as I showed them the ring.

"Te Ells, last week pa kami naghihintay ng update ah!" sigaw naman ni Mafe. Last week pala siya nagpaalam.

Then we called her mom. Kita mo ang saya ni tita kahit umiiyak.

We wanted the wedding here in NZ, sa Castlepoint lighthouse. But we didn't set the date yet kasi hinihintay pa namin yung tourist VISA ng family namin. When that was settled we scheduled the wedding na.

We just wanted an intimate wedding. Tatay, mama, ate Jov, Mafe, and lola came from my side of the fam. Kay Ella naman, si mama, ate, kuya, doc Winston, doc Zia, and Lester. Of course fam ni ate Thea. Marley was our flower girl.

Then Lex and Kyla also came. Binigyan namin ng trabaho yung dalawa, alangan naman kami pa ni Ella mag organize and cover nung wedding.

On the day of the wedding, I gave Ella a necklace with tito's face engraved in the pendant.

The ceremony went by quickly and the most I can remember was when we had our first dance as the sun was setting, her hands on my waist and mine on her shoulders as we rested our heads against each other. At the moment, we swayed to the music, staring at each other like walang tao sa paligid.

The wedding night was on a different level. Parang walang kapaguran hanggang umaga, other than the few puffs Ella had to take.

2 days laters we toured our family and friends around NZ while Lex and Ella captured the moments.

A year later I gave birth to baby Eli after nag success yung IVF. Eli is 2 months old now and kakatapos ko lang siya i-breastfeed. Kinuha naman siya ni Ella at kinarga to play. Napangiti ako while looking at them and just stared at them for a few minutes until Ella looked my way. I stood up and hugged Ella from the back as we stared at Eli smiling. Ella then turned to give me a kiss so Eli was between us now and tinatry namin siyang patawanin.

I never thought the silent Ella I met few years back could give this much love and service, and sarap lang ibalik sa kanya.

As life is, everyday wasn't easy... but we knew we had each other to turn to, ang isa't-isa ang aming pahinga. 

--- THE END ---

Until our next AU po. Bardahan lang ulit sa comsec. Thank you! :)