CHAPTER 15: THE CATS

I wanted to share the news about the Uranium with Neo as soon as possible, but since today was Sunday, I had to wait one more day. I was curious to see what he thinks of it and if he will help me create a small test amount of Uransene. I decided it was best not to tell him just yet where I was getting the metal from.

I hadn't made any plans to see Marysa this weekend, but as luck would have it, she reached out just as I was considering texting her.

"Hey Marc, how was your weekend? What are you up to tonight?"

"Hey babe, I was just thinking about you. :) It was good and yours? I'm free, wanna go for a walk and a catch a movie later?"

"Yes, I would love that! Can I stay at your place tonight?"

"Of course! How about I pick you up a six?"

"Yes, perfect! :-*"

I think Marysa and I are getting somewhat serious. We went on a couples of dates in the meantime, and she has been spending some nights at my place, and I at hers. The only thing is, our cats haven't met yet. During our walk by the lake, she started to share some news.

"I have some news. My landlord is renovating my apartment and wants to sell afterwards. So, Daisy and I need a new place to stay."

Is she talking already about moving in together? Hmm, are we there yet? We do work well as a team.

"So, I found a place only a couple of blocks from your apartment. How cool is that?!"

"Oh really? Yeah, that is cool! I thought you were talking about moving in together."

"Well, would that be so bad? We're already spending most of our time at each other's apartments," she smiled.

"When I start to think about it, it wouldn't be so bad actually. I like having you around. I am just a bit concerned about Carl and Daisy, haha."

"You know what? How about I move in for a couple of weeks and we see how that works out for us? If we both agree and our cats get along, I can still cancel the new apartment."

"That sounds like a good idea."

I kissed her soft lips and thought about the time me and Grace first bought a house. The beginning of our life together after the wedding was so exciting. I remembered the moment we brought Joanna home after the hospital, her first steps in the living room, and Grace and I cooking together in the kitchen. We had our fights and make-ups, and Joanna would cry so loudly sometimes that we needed earplugs. Life happened within those four walls. I liked Marysa, she was to first person who really connected with me after all this time, but she could never replace Grace - my soulmate, my other half. I know that when the time comes, I will meet Grace again in the vast universe because even as a sole energy entity, I would recognize her straight away.

After our walk, wewent to see a romantic comedy, had some takeout and enjoyed our night as soon-to-beroommates.