EPILOGUE

THE EDGE OF THE UNIVERSE

Before I could finish, a sudden jolt rocked the MSS, cutting me off mid-sentence. Alarms started blaring, a loud bang and a dazzling light left me disoriented at first. Something was happening. I felt weightless, as though floating, while a warm, fuzzy sensation spread through my body. Was it finally happening? Were the colors finally here to guide me to the edge of the universe?

I ultimately had the courage to open my eyes, and I was indeed floating – out in space, in the midst of the JADES galaxy, without a space suit. But instead of freezing or suffocating, I was breathing, alive. Staring into the endless abyss of nothingness, I felt as calm as never before in my life.

The colors began to swirl around me, exactly as they had in my dream. Beautiful, mesmerizing and bright. It felt like home, like love and serenity. I couldn't believe my eyes. I could see all the planets, meteorites and stars all around me. We danced once again, embraced and smiled. We were one - a unity, two pieces brought together. I wanted to say something, but words didn't come out of my mouth. Instead, I was thinking for myself.

"What is this, what or who are you?

Is this the edge of the universe?

What is happening right now?

Am I going to die?

Can we stay like this forever?"

I then heard a familiar voice in my head, one I haden't heard in a very long time. Grace.

"You can now turn off the switch, my love. You are home."

In that moment, I knew we would be together once again. Grace, my one true love and soulmate. I followed the sound of her voice and so I did. I turned it off.

-THE END-