chapter twenty one - fake

Lunch with Ben's parents were going well in Ana's opinion.

Earlier she was nervous about meeting them, now she was sharing stories and laughing with them.

They were in a gazebo, separated from the other guests, Belle sat beside her husband, while Ana and Ben sat across from them.

Ben couldn't stop smiling the whole time, his girlfriend getting along with his parents.

They all laughed when the King made a joke about his wife, who playfully glared at him.

"Excuse me, I need to use the washroom.." Ana informed them with a polite smile, standing up from her seat.

"Want me to go with you?" Ben asked, concerned.

Ana rolled her eyes, jokingly. "I'm not going to drown in the toilets, Ben." She said, causing his parents to burst out laughing, especially the King who was the loudest.

"That's a good one!" He praised.

"You know me, your Majesty." She chuckled before walking away.

The moment she turned her back, Belle squealed, taking a hold of her son's hand. "I love her!"

Adam chuckled, taking off his glasses. "She's a keeper, that's for sure!" He smiled, pointing his glasses at Ben, before wiping it with his handkerchief. "I never seen you so..."

Belle smirked. "Whipped?"

Ben just chuckled at their teasing. "I knew you guys would love her, isn't she great?"

The King and Queen nodded approvingly, in response.

"You two are perfect for each other.." Belle gushed again, clearly very happy for him. "I can hear the wedding bells ringing already." Belle teased.

Ben shook his head, looking at his mother with wide eyes. "Don't tell me you're planning our wedding already!"

Adam shrugged, a teasing smile on his face. "Why not? You two love each other, what's the harm?"

While Ben blushed at his parents' constant teasing, Ana stared at herself in the mirror.

She looked at her reflection with a smile, fixing her auburn hair. She reached for her purse, fishing for the lipstick, Evie gave her.

Her luck went out when it dropped to the floor, she leaned down to pick it up, but someone else picked it up for her.

"Here..." A familiar voice said, she looked up to see her music teacher, Mrs. Pavlovich.

"Uh- Thanks." Ana smiled at the woman before applying the lipstick to her lips.

"You were amazing out there." The woman spoke up after an awkward silence. 

Ana smiled, putting back the lipstick in her purse. "Thank you, Mrs. Pavlovich..." She said in thanks. "I'll be going now." She quickly bid a goodbye, walking away. 

"Wait! Please!"

She turned to see the woman teary eyed, biting her lips. "I... I just want to know." She said, softly.

Ana looked at her, heart at her throat. "Know what?"

A tear fell down Anastasia's cheek as she stared at the girl. "If you're my daughter..." She whispered, but Ana heard her.

She froze, eyes widening. "You lost your daughter?"

The grand duchess nodded sadly. "Yes, she was taken away from me when she was 2."