chapter twenty two - happy

"At last, here we are, broadcasting live from the coronation, where Prince Benjamin will be crowned king!" Snow White enthusiastically said. "I'm Snow White, bringing you up to the second coverage of who's fairest of them all."

Inside the Cathedral, soft classical music played while bustling guests mingled as they waited for the ceremony to start.

"Oh, Fairy Godmother is looking radiant! But what happened to Jane's hair?" Snow White commentated. "And there's Fairy Godmother's wand..." The TV broadcasted the headmistress taking the cloth off her magic wand.

"Oh! and here comes Ben now!"

Ben looked handsome as ever, hair styled to perfection, flashing a bright smile. He looked so good in his suit, showcasing his muscular physique.

His hand interlocked with his girlfriend, beside him as they both waved and smiled for the cheering crowd.

Ben looked at Ana, smiling. "Don't be nervous. All you have to do is be yourself, sitting there looking pretty for me."

"For you?" Ana giggled with a raised brow, despite her heavy heart.

Ben winked at her, smiling cheekily. "Of course, you're mine, remember?" He said, kissing the back of her hand. "And I'm yours... always." He promised in a soft voice.

The box on her lap never felt more heavier.

"Thank you." Ana smiled at him, thankful.

"Ana? Would you wear my ring?" He asked her, staring into her eyes.

"Uh- not right now... It would just fall off of me." She said, jokingly, ignoring her feelings for the prince. "I have something for you..." She said nervously, handing him the small box.

"Really? What is it?" Ben excitedly asked, opening the box to reveal a brownie.

"Oh, it's just for later, when you need some strength. Some carbs to keep going." She chuckled sadly, trying hard not to cry, not ready to end what they have.

As soon as he eats the brownie, he'll realise he didn't love her after all.

And she'll be left brokenhearted still loving him.

Ben smiled lovingly at her. "You're the best." He praised, taking out the treat. "But I can't wait-" He told her, taking a bite of the brownie.

Ana's eyes widened in horror. "Wait!" She exclaimed trying to stop him, but it was too late.

"This is really good!" He ate happily.

"Uh... do you-do you feel okay?" Ana stuttered, trying not to panic.

"You bet!" He nodded, taking another bite.

Ana swallowed the lump in her throat. "Do you still feel... something for me?" She asked him, dreading his answer.

"I don't know... let's take the anti love potion a few minutes to take effect." He said, casually.

Ana nodded in agreement, not comprehending what he said. "Yeah... wait, what?" She asked in shock. "You knew?"

Ben nodded. "That Mal spelled me? Yeah, I knew."

"I-I can explain-"

"Look, it's fine, Mal had a crush on me and I was with Audrey, you were the one I fell for instead." Ben explained.

"How long have you known?"

"Since our first date." His smile didn't falter. "Her spell washed away in the Enchanted Lake... when I looked into your eyes, I knew you had no clue about it."