chapter one - innocent

Okay, Let's start where it all began....

Once upon a time- Ew.. scratch that-

Long, long ago... Well more like twenty years ago....

Belle French married Adam Beast, in front of 6,000 of their closest personal friends.

Big cake.

So... yeah, instead of a honeymoon like normal people do- not like they're normal people- Prince Adam united all of the kingdoms and got himself elected, King of the United States of Auradon.

He rounded up a groups of villains and sidekicks-all of the interesting people and booted them off to the Isle of the Lost. With a magic barrier to keep them there.

This is where I'm from.

Total wasteland if you ask me. He could've just dumped us off in like a tropical island in the middle of nowhere or something. We wouldn't even dream of getting out. And they wonder why we're crazy.

There was no magic, no wifi... no way out.

Trust me, you can't.

Or so we thought.

Chill out, you're about to meet us.

But before that...

This happened.

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-

              Prince Benjamin stood in the platform, staring at the Isle with wonder. He stood still as the royal tailor measures him for his big day.

His hands fiddled with the edges of the suit he wore, nerves fizzling his body as he thought about his decision.

But he can't stop ignoring the nagging voice in his brain, that keeps telling him to find her.

Who exactly?

He doesn't even know himself.

He keeps on seeing the same auburn haired girl in his dreams.

The one with piercing blue eyes that makes him want to drown himself in the deep blue waters.

With her melodious laugh echoing-

"Prince Ben!"

Ben snapped out of his thoughts and jumped slightly, as he stared at the culprit.

The royal tailor gave him a pointed look as he crossed his arms.

"Forgive me for giving you such a fright, your highness, but I have been calling you for the past minutes now." He said calmly.

Ben closed his eyes and tried to calm his reddening cheeks down. "Right..." He cleared his throat, looking sheepish. "Um... where were we again?"

The royal tailor clicked his tongue, with amusement. "Raise your arm please." He said as he wrapped the measuring tape, muttering quietly.

Ben's attention was soon stolen when the double doors of the room opened.

"How is it possible that you're going to be crowned king next month?" King Adam Beast chuckled strolling in the room with his wife, Queen Belle, in arm. "You're just a baby!" He exclaimed.

Belle giggled at her husband's antics. "He's turning 16, dear." She said, lightly hitting his arm.

Ben chuckled, looking down with a smile. "Hey Pops."

He removed his glasses, gesturing with his hands. "16? That's far too young to be crowned King." The King said. "I didn't make a good decision until I was at least 42."

Belle scoffed and looked at her husband with a raised brow. "Uh, you decided to marry me at 28.."

King Adam shrugged. "Ah, it was either you or a teapot." He winked at Ben, making him chuckle. Seeing the look on his wife's face, he muttered. "Kidding." The Queen just shook her head in amusement.

"Mom, Dad-" Ben tried to move before he was scolded by the Royal Tailor who was still wasn't done with the fitting. Ben smiled in apology before continuing his stance from before. "I've chosen my first official proclamation."

The King and Queen looked at each other excited before turning back to their son, with curious eyes.

"I've decided that the children on the Isle of the Lost, be given a chance... to live here in Auradon."

Belle lets out a terrified squeak and drops what she's holding, while Adam stood there looking at Ben appalled.

"Every time I look out to the island, I feel like they've been abandoned. Like we let left them for dead."

Adam pointed a slightly shaky hand. "The children of our sworn enemies, living among us?"

Ben took a deep beath and slightly nod. "We start out with a few first, only the ones who need our help the most." He looked at his mom who nodded, considering his decision.  He turned to look at his dad. "I've already chosen them."

"Have you?"

"I gave you a second chance." Belle reminded her husband, turning back to Ben and asked. "Who are their parents?"

"Cruella de Vil, Jafar, Evil Queen, Madame Medusa..." With the mention of their names, his parent's faces got paler. Ben hesitated seeing their reactions before he uttered. "And Maleficent."

A yelp came from the Royal Tailor by the mention of the name as King Beast looked at him furious. "Maleficent!" He roared. "She is the worst villain in the land!"

The prince looked at his father pleadingly. "Dad, just hear me out here-"

"I won't here of it. They are guilty of unspeakable crimes!"

"Dad, their children are innocent." Ben said, standing by his belief. "Don't you think they deserve a shot at a normal life?" He tried to convince him. His father grew silent. "Dad?"

The King looked down, thinking it over. He looked at his wife, who gave him a subtle nod. Turning to face his son, who awaited his answer.

"I suppose their children are innocent."

King Adam turned to walk away, his hands in his pockets. While Queen Belle looked at his son, smiling and fixing his suit.

"Well. Well done." She said proudly before turning away to face her husband who waited for her. "Shall we?"

As his parents walked away, Prince Ben smiled and looked back at the Isle. He sighed, looking down at the ring on his finger. "Who are you?"