Used to Love You - Act I

Writer's Note: This story right here... I'm not even gonna say much. Just buckle up folks!! 😬😬

As always, thanks for reading and the support! 🥰🙏🏽

****************************************************************************************

ACT ONE

MUSIC CUE: "JUST BE A MAN ABOUT IT" - TONI BRAXTON - Love this song so much had to run it back!!

INT. LA - ART GALLERY - OFFICE - EVENING

Seated behind a large wooden desk, rocking a long layered bob with blonde highlights OLIVIA BAKER (29, Art Director) takes a long pull on her blunt as she listens to a VOICEMAIL.

BABE (V.O.)

... I know we had plans, but I'm gonna hang back in Chicago this weekend... Need time to clear my head.

SOUNDS of SHUFFLING and a woman's FAINT VOICE are heard on the line. Olivia scoffs as she puts out the blunt.

BABE (V.O.)

Shh.. You see me on the phone.

(into phone)

So, uh, baby... like I was saying. It's just a lot going on right now... And ya know things have been kinda tense with us lately. We both could probably use some space.

Olivia inhales sharply and her eyes roll. But make no mistake it has nothing to do with the lies being spun on her line.

She grips tightly to the arms of the chair and bites her lip.

OLIVIA

Oooh yes. Right there... Don't stop. Don't you dare stop?! Fuck!

PAN TO REVEAL Olivia's long legs as they tighten around his chocolate brown muscular frame while he devours her like it's his last meal on earth.

BABE (V.O.)

Promise I'll make it up to you next week, baby. Don't be too upset--

Olivia presses delete on the voicemail silencing the web of lies. The space soon echos SCREAMS of pleasure.

INT. BEVERLY HILLS - DARNELL / KIA'S HOUSE - BEDROOM - NIGHT

Amid a quarrel with KIA JAMES (34 Choreographer), DARNELL JAMES (35, Laker's shooting guard) waves a bill around. Kia ignores him as she folds clothes.

DARNELL

... Fifty grand?! There's no reason to spend fifty grand on an anniversary party.

(points to bill)

Three ice sculptures... Seriously?

KIA

It goes with the theme.

DARNELL

Oh, yes the theme... The Cotton Club theme with a hundred and fifty guests. It's baffling to me... Cause, you don't even like people, Kia.

Kia moves over to the dresser and puts clothes away.

KIA

(rolls eyes)

We can afford it... Why are you making a big deal out of this?

DARNELL

Oh, I don't know, maybe cause we just built this house. Custom everything... Furnished it from top to bottom... Custom everything. I mean we still got DJ's 17th birthday party coming up... That's more money out of my damn pocket.