27|| hours before

During the drive to the concert in Las Vegas, Isy sat quietly next to Adele in the car, her hands nervously resting in her lap. The car smoothly navigated through the neon-lit streets, but despite the calm interior, Isy could feel the tension mounting inside her. The city was alive with its usual glitz and glamour, but Isy knew that outside, paparazzi were waiting—a reality she had been grappling with ever since her relationship with Adele became public.

Adele noticed Isy's unease and reached over to take her hand, giving it a gentle squeeze. "You okay?" she asked softly, her eyes filled with concern.

Isy tried to smile, but the anxiety was evident in her expression. "I think so. I'm just nervous about what's waiting for us out there."

Adele nodded, understanding completely. "It's going to be intense, but I'm right here with you. We'll face it together."

As they approached the concert venue, the iconic lights of the Las Vegas Strip reflected off the windows, adding to the surreal feeling. The car finally came to a stop, and through the tinted windows, they could already see the flashes of cameras, like strobe lights in the night.

Isy took a deep breath, trying to steady herself as Adele squeezed her hand once more. "We'll be quick," Adele said, her voice both firm and reassuring. "Just stay close to me."

The car door opened, and they were immediately greeted by a cacophony of voices and blinding flashes. The paparazzi had gathered in force, and their questions started immediately, more intrusive and personal than ever.

"Adele, how serious are you two? Are you moving in together?"

"Isy, are you ready for marriage? Is there a ring yet?"

The questions grew even more invasive, crossing lines that made Isy's heart race.

"Adele, how do you balance your career with your relationship? Does Isy feel neglected?"

"Isy, have you talked about having children with Adele? When are you planning to start a family?"

Isy's breath hitched as the questions became uncomfortably intimate, each one more probing than the last. The reporters were relentless, their voices overlapping in a chaotic chorus as they tried to outdo each other.

"Adele, what about your ex? How does he feel about all this?"

"Isy, do you feel pressured to keep up with Adele's lifestyle?"

The onslaught was overwhelming, and Isy felt as if the ground might give way beneath her. Adele, sensing her distress, quickly pulled Isy closer, wrapping an arm protectively around her shoulders. "That's enough!" Adele snapped at the crowd, her voice cutting through the noise with a sharp edge. "Back off, all of you!"

But the paparazzi continued to press forward, their questions becoming more aggressive.

"Adele, when did you two first sleep together? Was it love at first sight?"

"Isy, do you worry about Adele's past relationships? Do you trust her?"

Isy felt a wave of panic rising within her, the intensity of the situation pushing her to the brink. But before she could fully lose her composure, Adele guided her firmly through the crowd, shielding her from the worst of the chaos.

"We're almost there," Adele whispered, her voice a mix of frustration and determination. "Just focus on me."

Finally, they reached the entrance, and as the heavy doors closed behind them, the noise from outside was abruptly cut off. The sudden silence was almost disorienting, but it brought a sense of relief. Isy exhaled shakily, still processing the invasive questions.

"That was... worse than I imagined," Isy admitted, her voice trembling slightly.

Adele turned to her, her expression softening as she brushed a strand of hair away from Isy's face. "I'm so sorry you had to go through that. They had no right."

Isy nodded, still feeling the echoes of the questions in her mind. "I knew it would be bad, like always, but I didn't expect it to be that personal."

"They crossed a line," Adele said firmly. "But you handled it well as always.I'm here with you, and we'll get through this together."

Isy managed a small smile, feeling a bit more grounded now that they were away from the chaos. "Thank you. I don't know what I'd do without you."

"You won't ever have to find out," Adele replied, pulling her into a comforting hug. They stood there for a moment, finding solace in each other's presence before they continued further into the building, leaving the madness of the paparazzi behind them, at least for now.

"I have one question love, you know, last time with the paparazzi you were so confident and concerned about us all. But usually you're absolutely not, was it because Archie was there?" Adele asked.

Isy nodded. "Yes he's a child and can't do anything about all that stuff. So I guees my mother instinct came about. Isy laughed a little about that.