Chapter 13

_ . _

Chapter 13

Athian, once known as Song Yeunho, was a delicate and almost ethereal child. His early years were a blend of luxury and affection, surrounded by the glamorous world his parents thrived in. His mother, a rising star in the modeling industry, was the epitome of grace and beauty. His father, a charismatic and successful fashion designer, crafted clothing that was as elegant as it was bold. Together, they were a power couple, perfectly complementing one another, as if fate had intended for them to be together from the very beginning.

In their world, Song Yeunho was a living, breathing masterpiece. He was the center of their universe, showered with endless love and attention. Yet, beneath the warmth of their affection, Yeunho felt a lingering sense of emptiness. His mother had secretly hoped for a daughter, a wish she kept buried as she lovingly embraced her son. But in the way she dressed him in pastel-colored clothes and whispered fairy tales of princesses and their valiant princes into his ear each night, Yeunho could sense that, in her eyes, he was more than just her son—he was a canvas onto which she painted her unfulfilled desires.

Yeunho was a stunning child, with features so delicate that strangers often mistook him for an angel descended from heaven. His beauty was a perfect fusion of his parents' best traits—his mother's radiant grace and his father's sharp, captivating presence. By the time he was five, modeling agencies were already clamoring for him, eager to turn him into the next big star. Yet, his parents, for all their ambitions, were careful not to push him too soon, insisting that he enjoy his childhood.

But that childhood, as sweet as it was, had its subtle pressures. His mother treated him with an almost reverential care, as if he were a fragile doll. She taught him manners that bordered on the feminine, instilling in him the delicacy she associated with beauty. And every night, she read him tales of princesses and their noble princes. One story in particular stood out—of a prince charming who risked everything to save his beloved princess from an evil dragon.

As his mother closed the book one evening, she smiled at him and said, "A prince charming is always there for you. Just like he saved the princess from the dragon, he will always protect and love her. He is a gentleman, always at her side."

Yeunho's wide eyes sparkled with wonder. "Wow! Someday, I want to have a prince charming too!"

His mother laughed, brushing off his innocent wish as the whimsy of a child. "Oh, silly boy! You should be the prince charming! All that's left is to find your princess."

That moment, seemingly insignificant at the time, planted a seed in Yeunho's heart. But it wasn't until he reached high school that the weight of his identity began to press on him. As he neared graduation, the future that had once seemed so bright and full of possibilities began to feel like a gilded cage.

His parents had mapped out his path with meticulous care. They had plans to make him a model for a prestigious agency, owned by a wealthy and influential tycoon. It was a dream they had harbored for years, and now, on the cusp of adulthood, it was finally within reach.

But their ambitions took a sudden and suffocating turn when the tycoon made a startling proposal. If Yeunho were to marry his granddaughter, the agency—and all the fame and fortune that came with it—would be his.

"Did you hear that, Yeunho?" His mother's voice trembled with excitement as she hugged him tightly. "You deserve all of this, my son!"

His father nodded, already making plans. "We should arrange for Yeunho to meet the chairman's daughter soon. This is an incredible opportunity."