Chapter 2

_ . _

Chapter 2

Arnoux and Athian spent four years training in the Elven Kingdom. By the age of fifteen, Arnoux had achieved first-rate swordsmanship, while Athian had contracted a first-rate wind spirit. The king and queen regarded them as their pride and joy, a sentiment that coincided with the onset of their blooming puberty.

"Hyah! Hyah!"

"Your posture is wrong, Arnoux," Ildris said as he watched his son repeatedly strike the training dummy. "Straighten your back and gather strength from your arm muscles! You have to put weight into every strike to inflict fatal damage on your enemy!"

"Hyah!"

"Father? Is Aurie still in his lessons?" Arnoux and Ildris halted when they heard a familiar voice at the door of the training room. They turned and smiled at the person who had arrived.

"Athian!" Arnoux called out.

"Athian! My child!" Ildris exclaimed. What? Aren't I your child too, Father? Arnoux thought with a hint of amusement.

 What? Aren't I your child too, Father? Arnoux thought with a hint of amusement

Athian Haldir Alacris, Second Prince of the Elven Kingdom

Athian arched his brows at the two of them and smiled sarcastically. "What is it? Do you like my face that much?" This egoistic idiot!

Arnoux shot Athian a pointed look. Help me out here, will you? He silently implored. Athian gazed at him for a moment, then smiled and gave him a wink. With a joyful sprint, he ran to his father and said, "Father! Arnoux and I are planning to go to the Oark Village to buy some interesting stuff!"

Ildris frowned and looked at Athian with concern. "Only the two of you? You know it's dangerous outside this kingdom, right?"

"Of course, Father," Athian replied. "I told Mom about it too, and she immediately said yes. She gave us eight elven guards who will protect us from the shadows. She also suggested we wear cloaks so we won't stand out."

"Your mother agreed?" Ildris said, looking astounded. "Ahem. If that's the case, then my swordsmanship lesson with Arnoux is dismissed. Arnoux, at least change your clothes and wear a cloak."

"Yes, Father," Arnoux responded. "Thank you for the lesson."