Chapter 18

_ . _

Chapter 18

Arnoux's senses were overwhelmed—the warmth of the Archduke's body pressed against his, the roughness of the kiss, and the sheer strength behind it. Yet, beneath the shock and confusion, Arnoux felt an undercurrent of something darker, something that sent a shiver down his spine.

And just as quickly as it began, the world seemed to tilt on its axis, the reality of the moment crashing down on him. He tried to pull away, his body reacting instinctively, but the Archduke's grip was unyielding. Arnoux's heart pounded in his chest, a mixture of fear, confusion, and something else—something he couldn't quite name—surging through him.

"What in the world is happening?!" Arnoux's thoughts spiraled in panic. His heart pounded as he glanced at his left wrist, imprisoned in Archduke Delise's iron grip. His other hand trembled, clutching the fabric of the Archduke's clothes, seeking any leverage to escape the overwhelming situation.

"Archduke, please stop!" Arnoux's voice came out in a strained whisper, muffled against the forceful kiss. He could feel his body trembling, overwhelmed by the unexpected intensity of their locked lips. Yet amidst the strange, electrifying sensation, Arnoux noticed something unsettling—the archduke's normally deep green eyes were clouded, replaced by an unsettling red hue, glowing like the petals of a rose in bloom. There was no recognition in them, only a haunting emptiness.

Arnoux groaned, discomfort rising as the kiss deepened, his breath hitching in his chest. Desperate, he mustered his strength and drove his fist into the archduke's abdomen. The blow landed with enough force to make the archduke falter, his body swaying momentarily. Arnoux wrenched himself free, gasping as he broke away from the kiss. His wrist, however, remained firmly in the Archduke's grasp.

"Bastard! Let me go at once!" Arnoux hissed, anger and fear swirling together. He tugged at his wrist, trying to pull it from Archduke Delise's grasp, but the Archduke's hold only tightened. There was a brief flicker of recognition in the archduke's eyes as his gaze locked onto Arnoux's—yet it wasn't enough to pull him from the strange trance.

With terrifying strength, Archduke Delise yanked Arnoux back toward him. The next moment, they both tumbled onto the bed, the soft mattress doing little to cushion the shock. Arnoux found himself pinned beneath the archduke, his chest rising and falling in rapid breaths as the weight of the man above him pressed down.

"It hurts..." Arnoux whimpered, his voice barely audible. He glanced down at his wrist, noticing the harsh red marks left by the Archduke's grip. The stinging pain lingered, spreading up his arm. He felt helpless, trapped beneath the man who, moments ago, had been his gracious host.

Arnoux gritted his teeth, glaring up at Archduke Delise, the fire in his eyes burning with a mix of anger and desperation. "Archduke Delise, come to your senses at once!" he demanded, his voice seething with contempt. "You're injuring an imperial prince! This is treason!"

But before he could finish, Delise leaned in again, capturing Arnoux's lips in another kiss. Arnoux's eyes widened in shock, his muffled protests lost against the Archduke's lips.

"Mmphh!" Arnoux's struggle was futile as he attempted to push Delise away with what little strength he had left. The Archduke was unyielding, though his movements seemed less aggressive than before. His large hand encircled both of Arnoux's wrists, pinning them gently but firmly above his head. Arnoux, expecting harshness, was instead met with a delicate restraint that caught him off guard. The kiss, too, was not as forceful as he had imagined. Instead, it was slow and deliberate, each movement of the Archduke's lips soft, almost tender, as though he were afraid of breaking Arnoux with too much force.