⋆.ೃ࿔*:・ 𝟎𝟎𝟏. 𝐬𝐞𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐝 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞.

{irl. social media}

girls are guns - violets crush

"It should.... be the next right" Monica says, extending her words mid-sentence. The phone in her hand glistened in the sun as she swiped out of Apple Maps and returned her focus to the road ahead with a smile. Her hair was in its natural state, curly, as she sits up from her leaned back state and unbuckles her seatbelt.

"The new campus looks nice. I'm gonna miss Arlington ,but it is what it is. Can't stop me from getting my senior medal" Avarie June responds, her focus shifting and evaluating the building in front of her. She drives through the black gate to be greeted by a big brick campus with several stained glass windows. The school maintained their greenery, an obvious hint at its wealth. Excitement pumped through her body, resting in her heart.

Somerville High School would be her home for the whole summer. Camp normally was in Arlington, her hometown just counties away, however this year the school needed repair - hence the girls now being in Somerville.

The school had dorms across the street, AJ and Monica were lucky enough to be paired together (which worked great, just like their friendship).

Arriving at the front of the dorms, AJ puts the car in park as they both step out of the car. They pop the trunk and grab one suitcase and one duffle bag each, then begin making their way towards the front door. A group of boys join behind them as a wave of overwhelming AXE body spray begins to linger in the air, and clinking hockey sticks clatter around.

"Coach didn't mention that it would be co-ed" Monica whispers, biting the front of her acrylic nail with a smirk, turning towards her best friend with a sneaky glisten in her eye

"Oh fuck, Moni no. It's too soon for this shit" AJ groans, shaking her head with a sigh "Give me at least an hour"

"The timer starts now" Monica winks

Inside the lobby, AJ holds the slip of paper in her hand to the front of her face, attempting to the remember the printed room number. She returns her focus to the hallways in front of her, searching for the elevators. They would be on floor four.

"I can't hold my piss anymore, I have to go. I'll meet you at the room, what number are we?" Monica says, doing a little hop of anticipation as she already makes her way towards the ladies room to her right

"D20" AJ responds as she shakes her head, getting into the elevator alone. She watches as the floor numbers go up and up, until it hits floor four.

Having her best friend here would make things better, but Avarie June would be lying if she said she wasn't nervous about her final year at hockey camp. In sixth grade she began coming with her twin brother, and she has never stopped returning.

AJ wanted to be the best of the best, and to be honest, she already was. She was unstoppable on the ice. It took blood, sweat, and tears to eventually rank high enough as she did. She worked her ass off and refused to let anything or anyone stop her from continuing on her mission. Some called it competitive and greedy, but AJ had no time to worry about them.
They would never understand, anyways.